KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » palpatine vs lord vitiate

palpatine vs lord vitiate
Started by: snoke123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
I mean, not really, tbh.

Even if we assume that Vitiate is more powerful in the Force, the idea that his level of superiority negates Sidious' vast superiority as a combatant is laughable. Sidious on the whole is pretty inarguably superior to Vitiate or Valkorion as of ROTS.

Depends what you mean by “vast superiority as a combatant.” If you’re talking about lightsabers, yes, but I’m not sure that really matters when we’re talking about levels of power this extreme. I don’t really see Sidious forcing a lightsaber contest if we indeed assume that Valkorion is more powerful.

If you’re talking about tactically, that really doesn’t apply as much during SWTOR (and sure you can talk about him “walking towards a lightsaber” while at death’s door, but at the beginning of the fight the hero is pointing a lightsaber less than a foot away from his face) and especially during his tenure as Valkorion, where he’s handily besting the spirits of Arcann, Vaylin, and the Outlander.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 09:11 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoke123

force storm>>>>>> ritual

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 09:34 PM
Click here to Send snoke123 a Private Message Find more posts by snoke123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Depends what you mean by “vast superiority as a combatant.” If you’re talking about lightsabers, yes, but I’m not sure that really matters when we’re talking about levels of power this extreme. I don’t really see Sidious forcing a lightsaber contest if we indeed assume that Valkorion is more powerful.

If you’re talking about tactically, that really doesn’t apply as much during SWTOR (and sure you can talk about him “walking towards a lightsaber” while at death’s door, but at the beginning of the fight the hero is pointing a lightsaber less than a foot away from his face) and especially during his tenure as Valkorion, where he’s handily besting the spirits of Arcann, Vaylin, and the Outlander.

I mean, I disagree that Sidious won't engage in a lightsaber duel tbh, he did so against Yoda. Yoda being his near equal, and thus on the same level as Vitiate anyway. Sidious isn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth, if he realizes that Valkorion is trying to keep his distance and not engage in a saber duel, Sidious is going to try to push closer so he he forces Valkorion into a situation he can't escape from.

Not referring to tactics really, though the mention of Arcann, Outlander, and Vaylin's spirits is moot, since Sidious is still much more powerful than they are collectively, as was Valkorion.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 10:05 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I mean, I disagree that Sidious won't engage in a lightsaber duel tbh, he did so against Yoda. Yoda being his near equal, and thus on the same level as Vitiate anyway. Sidious isn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth, if he realizes that Valkorion is trying to keep his distance and not engage in a saber duel, Sidious is going to try to push closer so he he forces Valkorion into a situation he can't escape from.

Not referring to tactics really, though the mention of Arcann, Outlander, and Vaylin's spirits is moot, since Sidious is still much more powerful than they are collectively, as was Valkorion.

It's a pretty well known fact that the Emperor engages in lightsaber duels against Jedi to mock them. The only time we really ever saw Sidious in any medium engage someone like Valkorion was Talzin, who the Emperor sheathed his lightsaber against and engaged in a force contest with.

And ultimately, if we assume Valkorion is more powerful, I don't really think Sidious would be able to push closer and force him into a situation he can't escape from.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 10:38 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoke123

force storm, TP, TK internal, etc

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 10:51 PM
Click here to Send snoke123 a Private Message Find more posts by snoke123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's a pretty well known fact that the Emperor engages in lightsaber duels against Jedi to mock them. The only time we really ever saw Sidious in any medium engage someone like Valkorion was Talzin, who the Emperor sheathed his lightsaber against and engaged in a force contest with.

And ultimately, if we assume Valkorion is more powerful, I don't really think Sidious would be able to push closer and force him into a situation he can't escape from.
You may want to read "Son of Dathomir" again.

Sidious engages Talzin in a saber duel first, and Sidious even had his saber activated when he first prepared to fight, before Talzin was even in play. He didn't resort to using the Force only until Talzin was fully formed and attacked him. This is all assuming Vitiate even is more powerful than Sidious to begin with.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 10:53 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Quotes do put Sheev above Failk though.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 03:05 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

You may want to read "Son of Dathomir" again.

Sidious engages Talzin in a saber duel first, and Sidious even had his saber activated when he first prepared to fight, before Talzin was even in play. He didn't resort to using the Force only until Talzin was fully formed and attacked him. This is all assuming Vitiate even is more powerful than Sidious to begin with.

I'm obviously not referring to Palpatine's brief duel with Talzin-possessed Dooku, who Sidious casually manhandled. Sidious literally deactivates his lightsaber when a sorcerer of comparable power (And, fittingly enough, no lightsaber skill) takes the field, despite being mere feet away from her.

Well, yes, the crux of the argument comes down to who is more powerful, hence my arguing that a lightsaber won't necessarily decide the fight.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 09:28 PM
Freedon Nadd

Vitiate

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Creative thread

Palpatine wins

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 02:46 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote