KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » killmonger vs luke cage

killmonger vs luke cage
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

killmonger vs luke cage

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 03:06 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

"Is this your Harlem hero?!"

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 03:30 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

I love how he got upset when people said he was faster than Usain Bolt.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 03:34 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: killmonger vs luke cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas

One could assume KM has the same pressure points knowledge as T'Challa...

But without on-panel feats of performing such, he loses.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 04:10 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

kinda what i was thinking....

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 04:23 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by deathslash
I love how he got upset when people said he was faster than Usain Bolt.
oops, read this thread as bushmaster vs Luke cage.

Killmonger still has vibranium weapons, so he should win.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 04:38 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Luke on average.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2018 07:33 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Luke, easily.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2018 05:19 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

if km has vibranium weapons he would def be able to cut luke and i wouldn't put km very far below danny in skill. if someone can show he actually has access to vibranium as standard gear, i'd take him. without, he could bat luke around but yeah, luke would take him.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2018 09:06 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

if km has vibranium weapons he would def be able to cut luke

Based on?

What piercing feats does the Wakandan vibranium have, actually?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2018 09:11 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Good question.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2018 10:12 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Based on?

that is a pretty fair question, actually. i always default to bp's daggers, which have damaged ultron, but that was via phasing and those are special even by vibranium standards. i guess i know cage can be cut by logan's claws, so i assume a vibranium edged weapon could also cut him. adamantium IS stronger, but vibranium isn't far behind, especially if it absorbs a little bit of energy. by most standards it is considered essentially unbreakable still.

there is also this:

https://www.page45.com/store/Black-...oom-War-sc.html

in doomwar, the new doombots were kicking the sh!t out of the ff and wakandans until they broke out the vibranium weaponry and proceeded to wipe out the amped doombots. clearly vibranium weaponry>>regular weapons. but, yeah. i guess we don't know for certain. based on everything i've seen though, i'd say that vibranium knives could cut cage.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2018 10:56 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

that is a pretty fair question, actually. i always default to bp's daggers, which have damaged ultron, but that was via phasing and those are special even by vibranium standards.

Thought they were made out of pure energy? At least the classic ones which you're referring to.

https://static3.comicvine.com/uploa...39334-30240.jpg

... gloves can generate energy daggers (...)

i guess i know cage can be cut by logan's claws, so i assume a vibranium edged weapon could also cut him. adamantium IS stronger, but vibranium isn't far behind, especially if it absorbs a little bit of energy. by most standards it is considered essentially unbreakable still.

Depends on who you ask here. Mungi considers vibranium shit w/o its absorption properties, for example.

And vibranium IS far behind; unlike with adamantium, there was never a "secondary vibranium" kind of a retcon or anything.

Teenage Colossus, Protocide, Collective Man, Bone Claw Wolverine... they're not exactly gods of strength like the Hulk, still all managed to damage vibranium.

there is also this:

https://www.page45.com/store/Black-...oom-War-sc.html

in doomwar, the new doombots were kicking the sh!t out of the ff and wakandans until they broke out the vibranium weaponry and proceeded to wipe out the amped doombots. clearly vibranium weaponry>>regular weapons. but, yeah. i guess we don't know for certain. based on everything i've seen though, i'd say that vibranium knives could cut cage.

That's better thumb up

We could still argue that they cancelled out each other's absorption gimmick, but let's not nitpick it too much.

I was gonna mention Warpath and his knives... but he has a high degree of superhuman strength, KM can't compare.

Again, KM (and his weapons) needs feats... we can't just assume he can incapacitate Cage with a nerve strike or cut his throat using a vibranium blade without having some legit on panel feats first.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2018 11:44 PM
riv6672

^^^you seem to have covered everything there.
I was going to mention the energy daggers/Warpath and the strength differential, assigning feats sight unseen, as i was reading the post you responded to.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2018 01:42 AM
deathslash

Thought they were made out of pure energy? At least the classic ones which you're referring to.

https://static3.comicvine.com/uploa...39334-30240.jpg

... gloves can generate energy daggers (...)

Depends on who you ask here. Mungi considers vibranium shit w/o its absorption properties, for example.

And vibranium IS far behind; unlike with adamantium, there was never a "secondary vibranium" kind of a retcon or anything.

Teenage Colossus, Protocide, Collective Man, Bone Claw Wolverine... they're not exactly gods of strength like the Hulk, still all managed to damage vibranium.

That's better thumb up

We could still argue that they cancelled out each other's absorption gimmick, but let's not nitpick it too much.

I was gonna mention Warpath and his knives... but he has a high degree of superhuman strength, KM can't compare.

Again, KM (and his weapons) needs feats... we can't just assume he can incapacitate Cage with a nerve strike or cut his throat using a vibranium blade without having some legit on panel feats first.
as far as cutting feats go:

He can at least get through the hulk.

https://m.imgur.com/FTMMP6z?r

(please log in to view the image)

And Thanos:
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploa.../5191835-11.jpg

IIRC, Erik used a vibranium suit and weapons in his last fight with BP. You'll have to look it up yourself though.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2018 01:48 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

AARRGGHHH!!!
BLACK MAN!!!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2018 02:21 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

oops, read this thread as bushmaster vs Luke cage.

Killmonger still has vibranium weapons, so he should win.

I read it as Killpower vs Cage.

Which would be pretty awesome, imo.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2018 02:23 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

as far as cutting feats go:

He can at least get through the hulk.

https://m.imgur.com/FTMMP6z?r

(please log in to view the image)

And Thanos:
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploa.../5191835-11.jpg

IIRC, Erik used a vibranium suit and weapons in his last fight with BP. You'll have to look it up yourself though.

Yeah, but that's anti-metal. Not Wakandan vibranium.

I don't recall Killmonger using AM.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 08:11 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Based on?

one i'd completely forgotten about but came across recently:

https://imgur.com/a/itoEAmp

and yeah, it was def TRUE adamantium:

https://imgur.com/a/rrhEk7y

so vibranium cutting through adamantium? pretty solid. thumb up

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 10:10 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

one i'd completely forgotten about but came across recently:

https://imgur.com/a/itoEAmp

and yeah, it was def TRUE adamantium:

https://imgur.com/a/rrhEk7y

so vibranium cutting through adamantium? pretty solid. thumb up

Antarctic vibranium, leo. Also known as the anti-metal.

Killmonger never wielded it.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 10:20 PM