KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Xavier vs these telepaths

Xavier vs these telepaths
Started by: RadZoa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Also she has literally turned a character with power of both Darkseid and Mordru to dust by his own thoughts turned into reality.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

That's beyond anything Xavier has ever shown, it's basically reality warping with telepathy.

Coincidentally, Dev-Em was stated to be actually a titanian who gave himself kryptonian powers by just wishing it.

(please log in to view the image)

And Imra is even more powerful than him.

She put an image of Darkseid and his contempt into the Servant's head. The rest, I don't know, magic is crazy. Seems like he was so utterly convinced of Darkseid's hatred that he lost it and got consumed. I wouldn't really call it reality warping.

Belongs in the same boat as Xavier battling Phoenix on all planes of reality. Sounds great and such, but it's ultimately left up to however much weight you personally want to put into it.
Originally posted by Zack M
Where did it State they were amped? I think they used some sort of tech to trap him, but Irma placed illusions in him, tp wise. He was still a telepath.

Repeatedly in throughout the arc. I posted this all in the Jean vs Saturn Girl thread. You, abhi, and I are almost having an identical discussion at this point.

Quite frankly, I don't know where else to take this. I don't want to run in a circles for another 4 pages.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 01:52 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by StyleTime
She put an image of Darkseid and his contempt into the Servant's head. The rest, I don't know, magic is crazy. Seems like he was so utterly convinced of Darkseid's hatred that he lost it and got consumed. I wouldn't really call it reality warping.

Belongs in the same boat as Xavier battling Phoenix on all planes of reality. Sounds great and such, but it's ultimately left up to however much weight you personally want to put into it.

Now, who is disliking, huh?

Nice fanfiction BTW. I take you have no way to lowball it so why not just make shit up.

There are only three planes of reality in marvel, Physical, Mental and Soul.

And even then Xavier would've lost if not for Jean helping him.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 01:56 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yeah, Saturn Queen owned MM and he's pretty much done it all in terms of TP. Shows how powerful Irma is.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 02:11 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

There only three planes of reality in marvel, Physical, Mental and Soul.

Time? You are just as bad as Baz.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 03:44 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by meep-meep
Time? You are just as bad as Baz.

It's explicitly stated that there are only three planes of reality. We are not talking about space time continuum.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 08:45 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I started as an X men fan.

Wrong on both counts. It was main earth J'onn who was killed earlier by Saturn Queen and then brought back.

Except kill J'onn.

If that's your only card here, I can brought up dozens of scenes for either Emma or Xavier where they look like dirt.

PF Emma couldn't even stop Thunderbolt Ross from hulking out when he has been explicitly stated to have no mental defenses.

Which one?

Because you don't want to see it.

Of course. Because you say so, eh?

No, it wasn't.

Imra wasn't standing in a room either. She had to scan entire multiverse for the Legions.

Imra doesn't go around controlling people because she is not a douchebag like Xavier or Emma.

But piss her off and she would straight up destroy beings with the power of Darkseid and Mordru.

And only you would think controlling a few people better than scanning entire multiverse.

And kill with it too.

Xavier can neither match her scope nor skill.

Show me Xavier drawing out subconscious of herald level characters by just a look.

And when they found a path, all of their power could do nothing to hyptonized people.

While Imra can straight up kick the ass of a being who could put entire planet in a trance.

A few people. Their combined power did nothing to hyptonized people of the planet.

thumb up thumb up

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 09:37 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Xavier clears. He has the most trouble with Black on average. Saturn Girl gives him the most trouble occasionally.

Xavier can neither match her scope nor skill.

Smh.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 11:22 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Xavier clears. He has the most trouble with Black on average. Saturn Girl gives him the most trouble occasionally.

Smh.

Just because he made Thor his ***** does not mean he beats characters like Imra or Black.

Try to match this rage. I'll wait eagerly for your bullshit.

Mind you, universo put everyone on Earth asleep at once.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

And Imra made him beg for his life.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Remind me of the time Xavier had such a feat? Oh right, the last time everyone on Earth was asleep, he, Moondragon and Jean Grey combined couldn't undo it.

Already posted several times. But here you go. Mindlinking across the multiverse.

http://i.imgur.com/2KitjJv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qON4WFu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xe1hZQ1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bf1aV5K.jpg

Scanning the universe.

http://i.imgur.com/ZBUTXKc.jpg

Tapping into the thoughts of every single being in the universe.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 11:35 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Or this.

Also she has literally turned a character with power of both Darkseid and Mordru to dust by his own thoughts turned into reality.

That's beyond anything Xavier has ever shown, it's basically reality warping with telepathy.

Coincidentally, Dev-Em was stated to be actually a titanian who gave himself kryptonian powers by just wishing it.

(please log in to view the image)

And Imra is even more powerful than him.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 11:38 AM
Senor Cage

I'd like to know why rage thinks Manchester >> Irma.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 12:53 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I started as an X men fan.

Wrong on both counts. It was main earth J'onn who was killed earlier by Saturn Queen and then brought back.

Except kill J'onn.

If that's your only card here, I can brought up dozens of scenes for either Emma or Xavier where they look like dirt.

PF Emma couldn't even stop Thunderbolt Ross from hulking out when he has been explicitly stated to have no mental defenses.

Neat.

Nah, alternate timeline where they intercept J'onn before he ever becomes the MMH we know. It was an ambush and we really have no idea where he was at mentally. Even if we throw all that out, it was a different Saturn Queen than the one that fought Imra. Imra fought teen Saturn Queen. Adult Saturn Queen is the one from the arc you're talking about. They aren't the same character.

Except they have plenty of victories to counteract that. Imra, with help, had her shot against an Emma-level telepath in Saturn Queen and she came up short. All her flashy scanning feats amounted to peanuts. Off the top of my head, she doesn't actually have a deep resume vs other telepaths, so we're forced to use this showing.

Of course. Because you say so, eh?

Imra wasn't standing in a room either. She had to scan entire multiverse for the Legions.

And only you would think controlling a few people better than scanning entire multiverse.

Because they weren't fighting...I didn't redraw the panels. That's what happened.

Dude, she was being amped by Lightning Lad plus the Legion Flight rings. And it was stated, repeatedly, this was all only possible because the tears in space opened to these other worlds. Imra didn't just reach out an scan the multiverse.
https://postimg.cc/image/wd7n17iaf/
https://postimg.cc/image/ldmfpmf0n/

I meant him stealing millions of minds, unaided, while weakened is > amped Imra standing at a Nexus and shouting "Help!" through a Legion Flight ring. It's not even the only time he's absorbed the psyches from a planet.
https://postimg.cc/image/up8hmcemv/
https://postimg.cc/image/pdtl1n7zr/

And when they found a path, all of their power could do nothing to hyptonized people.

While Imra can straight up kick the ass of a being who could put entire planet in a trance.

A few people. Their combined power did nothing to hyptonized people of the planet.

You're not listening.

They're an entire reality away battling the Magus. Of course their powers will be weakened by the time their projections reach their home reality's Earth.

How could you possibly believe this impacts the match in any way?

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 21st, 2018 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 08:17 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

So, one says it's an alternate MM, and one says it's not. Post the scans either way.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 08:31 PM
StyleTime

Now, who is disliking, huh?

Nice fanfiction BTW. I take you have no way to lowball it so why not just make shit up.

There are only three planes of reality in marvel, Physical, Mental and Soul.

And even then Xavier would've lost if not for Jean helping him.

I dislike using the sillier aspects of feats to make silly claims. I won't pretend you have to fight Xavier on infinite planes of existence to beat him. I think it's equally ridiculous to say Saturn Girl can warp reality.

But, I don't have to lowball it to the see the problems with it. Firstly, the Servant is not a telepath, so I see it as less relevant. And, as one of the previous pages shows, he wasn't at full power anyway.
https://postimg.cc/image/5j2y25dsn/

Take it up with Chris Claremont. He said "on all the infinite planes of existence."
https://postimg.cc/image/wdc8f82lz/

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 21st, 2018 at 08:52 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 08:42 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Neat.

Nah, alternate timeline where they intercept J'onn before he ever becomes the MMH we know. It was an ambush and we really have no idea where he was at mentally. Even if we throw all that out, it was a different Saturn Queen than the one that fought Imra. Imra fought teen Saturn Queen. Adult Saturn Queen is the one from the arc you're talking about. They aren't the same character.

It's not an alternate timeline. She intercepted J'onn when he was transported from Mars.

Saturn Queen was same character albeit from the future. Hence why she was brought to future with adult LOSH.

quote:

Except they have plenty of victories to counteract that. Imra, with help, had her shot against an Emma-level telepath in Saturn Queen and she came up short. All her flashy scanning feats amounted to peanuts. Off the top of my head, she doesn't actually have a deep resume vs other telepaths, so we're forced to use this showing.

Yes, she does.

How did you determine Saturn Queen was Emma level? Scanning so many minds at once like Imra did is far beyond Xavier or Emma.

But I know why you dismiss it, because you can't counter it.

quote:

Because they weren't fighting...I didn't redraw the panels. That's what happened.

She stopped him from reading Mon El and he was unable to stop her.
quote:

Dude, she was being amped by Lightning Lad plus the Legion Flight rings. And it was stated, repeatedly, this was all only possible because the tears in space opened to these other worlds. Imra didn't just reach out an scan the multiverse.
https://postimg.cc/image/wd7n17iaf/
https://postimg.cc/image/ldmfpmf0n/

The rings and Lightning Lad only helped widen the portals.

The tears led to other eras but she still had to shift through all the minds of every era in every timeline of the multiverse to connect to an infinite number of Legion.

It's a gargantuan feat, better than anything Xavier has ever done.

quote:

I meant him stealing millions of minds, unaided, while weakened is > amped Imra standing at a Nexus and shouting "Help!" through a Legion Flight ring. It's not even the only time he's absorbed the psyches from a planet.
https://postimg.cc/image/up8hmcemv/
https://postimg.cc/image/pdtl1n7zr/

Right, except shifting through the mind of so many timelines is far beyond what Xavier did.

And the ring wasn't connecting her, it was she who did.

J'onn has captured the thoughts of everyone on Earth. From Mars.

http://imgur.com/a/Zlt3G

Xavier is hardly unique in that regard.
quote:

You're not listening.

They're an entire reality away battling the Magus. Of course their powers will be weakened by the time their projections reach their home reality's Earth.

Not when they had a conduit in form of Sleepwalker.

quote:

How could you possibly believe this impacts the match in any way?

Imra defeated a hypnotist who put everyone on Earth in moments and freed everyone.

Xavier couldn't do that even with help.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 02:09 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I dislike using the sillier aspects of feats to make silly claims. I won't pretend you have to fight Xavier on infinite planes of existence to beat him. I think it's equally ridiculous to say Saturn Girl can warp reality.

How do you explain Dev Em turning himself into a kryptonian by wishing it?
quote:

But, I don't have to lowball it to the see the problems with it. Firstly, the Servant is not a telepath, so I see it as less relevant. And, as one of the previous pages shows, he wasn't at full power anyway.
https://postimg.cc/image/5j2y25dsn/

This Servant had the power of Darkseid and Darkseid could enslave 3 billion daxamites at once. Mordru himself is a formidable telepath.

Heck, even Enchantress has made Xavier her ***** and Mordru is several tiers above her in power.

quote:

Take it up with Chris Claremont. He said "on all the infinite planes of existence."
https://postimg.cc/image/wdc8f82lz/

And would've lost. So meh anyway.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 02:15 AM
cdtm

Re: Xavier vs these telepaths

Originally posted by RadZoa
TELEPATHY ONLY

R1 Xavier vs Saturn Girl
Saturn Girl wins, with ease.

R2 Xavier vs Martian
Martian Manhunter wins, with ease.

R3 Xavier vs Miss Martian
Miss Martian wins, with ease.

R4 Xavier vs Manchester Black
Manchester Black wins, with ease.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 02:18 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Any rests in between rounds? Or is it instant tagging in when someone goes down?

Doesn't matter. He could have a years rest between match's, there isn't a single character here he can match.

Martians have an entire ancient culture of mental martial arts. And J'onz has feats Xavier requires Cerebro for.

And Black.. Gimmie a break. Supermans resisted TP from a Brainiac who mind whammy'd everyone on Earth from another universe. Black, he cuts through his resistance like nothing. He's waaay above Xaviers pay grade.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 02:20 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by krisblaze
You'll take Xavier over Black but not MMH?

lmao at these kids.

x-men characters are generally overrated on the board. they are usually one dimensional glass canons. the only reason I gave the bald disable douchebag win over miss martian was only because it's TP battle only
If it's no rule fight any one of them would smoke him in 20 seconds

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 03:15 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I used to think Marvel had the clear advantage in the tp department, both versatility and power, but I'm not sure anymore.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 04:04 AM
StyleTime

Figured I'd isolate this issue, as we really need to get on the same page here.
Originally posted by Zack M
So, one says it's an alternate MM, and one says it's not. Post the scans either way.

They mention it about a bajillion times that they altered the timeline. Saturn Queen mentions it on two separate occasions here.
https://postimg.cc/image/tj3peinhn/
https://postimg.cc/image/5que2n5xn/

A world where Lightning Lord murders Clark's parents and Cosmic King kills the murderer of Bruce's parents before adopting them both is clearly not the mainstream timeline. They even talk about changing the events during all that.
https://postimg.cc/image/hfydqup97/
https://postimg.cc/image/yt8o5qn57/
https://postimg.cc/image/fo5evznwr/

I mean, they killed the Justice League members before they ever even became heroes, and Aquaman's parents never conceived him. This is clearly/[i] a different timeline guys.
[i]Originally posted by abhilegend
It's not an alternate timeline. She intercepted J'onn when he was transported from Mars.

Saturn Queen was same character albeit from the future. Hence why she was brought to future with adult LOSH.

It 100% is an alternate timeline. They had already killed Superman's parents and adopted Bruce, setting into motion the new timeline. They mention it repeatedly, but here's scans I guess.
https://postimg.cc/image/ttb7xhzff/
https://postimg.cc/image/eklajqdgr/

"Three villains from the future....traveled into the past and changed the timeline."

Saturn Queen I, https://postimg.cc/image/8rb8j4z8b/ , is from the Adult Legion's time though. She fought them, was freed by Superman, and went to Titan to reform her ways before coming back to attack the timeline later.

Saturn Queen II, https://postimg.cc/image/je51okf3f/ , was locked up on Takron-Galtros after fighting the teen LSH. She got out during the Crisis stuff, and later fought Saturn Girl. These two Queens have different histories and are alternate versions of each other.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 05:27 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 05:23 AM