KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Papa John's Pizza: Founder John Schnatter resigns over using the N-Word

Papa John's Pizza: Founder John Schnatter resigns over using the N-Word
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

Papa John's Pizza: Founder John Schnatter resigns over using the N-Word

John Schnatter, founder of the Papa John's pizza chain, used the N-Word on a conference call with a Marketing firm.

What did he actually say?

"Colonol Sanders called blacks n*ggers...[and never faced a backlash.]"

Note: Words in brackets are a paraphrase but very close to his original statement.

John then goes on to say he grew up in a very racist neighborhood where black people were sometimes captured, tied up, and dragged behind vehicles.

John stated that he intended these comments to demonstrate his antipathy towards racism but it backfired on him.

If you're among your friends and you're talking about racism, perhaps it might be okay to quote something while using the n-word. I don't recommend it. It would not offend me at all, not even a little bit. If you were slighted by a black person and you lashed out in anger and yelled it at the person, I would think less of you, but I would not crucify you. As your friend or pal, once you calmed down, I'd talk to you about it and suggest not using that language even in anger.

Should John have resigned from Papa John's after his comment?

Personally, I think he's gone too far too many times and he should step down to save the empire he built, just like he did. The pizza is good. I had it 3 times last week due to various circumstances. The pizza is great.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 02:41 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

The pizza is not great. It's like an alternate Dominoes.

Also lol at having Papa Johns 3 times after the incident. It'd be better if you never had it before though.

That being said, probably don't use that word in any public capacity. Whether you plan to drop a well intentioned n-bomb or not, it never turns out well. You can't say anything anymore, especially not that word. That's probably the top word you can't say.

I'd be interested to see how much it actually effected sales though. I'm sure it didn't stop stoned teens from ordering pizza afterall. I'm not a fan of people losing jobs over words, but it's part of the world now. The guy is ****ing loaded, I'm sure he'll scrape by. Poor Father John. I hope he can afford to feed his family at least adequate ingredients now.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 02:57 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I always knew this guy was a racist, he’s a Trump supporter after all.

Never had the pizza, never looked that appealing.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 03:21 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I always knew this guy was a racist, he’s a Trump supporter after all.

Never had the pizza, never looked that appealing.

I think it's obvious that he's racist as he is not an idiot. He just can't help himself from saying racist things.

Also, the pizza is good. Get John's Favorite with 2x cheese. Excellent.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 03:22 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Dominos is the best of all the major pizza chains. Best thing Papa Johns has going for it is the dipping sauce for the crust.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 04:51 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
Dominos is the best of all the major pizza chains. Best thing Papa Johns has going for it is the dipping sauce for the crust.

I think All American Pizza tastes best for fast pizza "national" chains.

Then Pizza Hut. Then Papa Johns. Then Dominos.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 05:31 AM
SquallX

Rob, you are far too pathetic sometimes. Because he’s a Trump supporter, that automatically makes him a racist?

Also the N word. Black people says it all the time and it’s okay. But a white says it, stop the presses.

As a Black man, that word is meaningless to me. Why? I am not a ******, or Nigga.

Worse yet, according to the left, since I don’t feel objectify when that word is use, I am referred to as either uneducated or a House ******.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 05:39 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote:
Originally posted by SquallX
Rob, you are far too pathetic sometimes. Because he’s a Trump supporter, that automatically makes him a racist?

He proved himself to be a racist, did he not?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 06:20 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Could care less if he’s a racist. My point is, saying he’s racist because he’s a Trump supporter. How stupid and narrow minded can a person be?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 06:43 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Agree, Dominoes is delicious.

I prefer local pizza places, if you ever plan to come to New Jersey at the beach, Mack's Pizza is delicious, as well as Benito's Mexican Pizzeria.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 06:50 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

"Could care less if he's a racist."

Therein lies the problem.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 06:52 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Jmanghan

How is that a problem?

Does him being a racist negatively affects me and my circle? No!
Does the world stops moving because he’s a racist? No!

So pray tell, why should I care about a man I’ve never met, nor never wants to meet.

It’s funny people like you cries wolf, yet turns a blind eye when people from your side call Black people uneducated or House ******* because they dare to think differently. That is the highest form of content. Thinking because I am Black, I must be a Democrat, or cry when some white person says the N word.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 07:07 AM
bluewaterrider

Actually, it's if he could NOT care less that there might be a problem.

As phrased, there is a degree of caring he DOES possess, at least at present ...

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 07:27 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by dadudemon
I think All American Pizza tastes best for fast pizza "national" chains.

Then Pizza Hut. Then Papa Johns. Then Dominos.

I haven't had All American Pizza.

I don't like Pizza Hut's crust, it's too spongy. And their pizza seems very greasy.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 08:46 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Schnatter is a racist dick who exploits his labor. Whatever negative impact this has on his business will be his own fault.

That said, I never thought Papa John's pizza was very good, in spite of their hype about using better ingredients than competitors. Like Backfire said, the best thing about them was that they gave away dipping sauce for the crust at no additional cost. I've always favored Domino's Pizza over any other large pizza chains.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 09:14 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

I haven't had All American Pizza.

I don't like Pizza Hut's crust, it's too spongy. And their pizza seems very greasy.

Pizza Hut's pizza is greasy and spongy, but the leftover slices are great if you heat them up on a pan/griddle on low heat. The crust crisps up rather nicely.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 09:16 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Papa John’s has great pizza and dipping sauces.

Pizza Hut isn’t that great, but the stuffed pizza rollers are fantastic.

Dominos is bearable, but at the bottom for me.

I’m also a Trump supporter and I’m not racist. I hate everyone equally.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 10:41 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Indeed he did, so...why mention Trump supporters...if this man proved he is racist?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 11:56 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, yes let us talk about problems. Like why you didn't think it was a problem for Rob to essentially imply all Trumpers are racist, but this guy who noted Rob's BS claiming he doesn't care if Papa John's founder was racist captures your attention? Explain that, I'd be interested. I'd like to assume you just didn't see the other nonsense posted.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 11:58 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Wait, I don't quite get it – he's being called racist for explaining why he's against racism? What? Because he used a racial term in a specific, historical context?

I'm trying to find context for his comments but most articles seem to be void of any context whatsoever. Anyone got a link to an article that actually explains what happened here? Is there a larger scenario to all of this?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 12:11 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote