KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Batwoman

Batwoman
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ CW are just really frigging dumb like that. In the Dynasty reboot the actress playing Crystal couldnt carry on, so they brought in a whole new character to replace her who was also called Crystal

Just go back to good old fashioned recasting the same role ffs.

^^^youre preaching to the choir. thumb up

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 03:51 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well...

...it wasn’t terrible I guess.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 06:22 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I'm refusing to watch until someone named Kate Kane is the star of the show again.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 24th, 2021 03:14 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by roughrider
I'm refusing to watch until someone named Kate Kane is the star of the show again.

LOL, i get you.
I still think it would’ve been easier to just recast the role. New ep. tonight I think, and nothing much on. It’ll kill an hour slash two beers.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2021 01:30 PM
cdtm

Kind of wanted to see fake Bruce put on the costume, only to find its fitted to a woman.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2021 01:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by cdtm
Kind of wanted to see fake Bruce put on the costume, only to find its fitted to a woman.

nah the costume still would've fit fake bruce

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 24th, 2021 08:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by cdtm

That would have been the money shot right there! laughing

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 02:08 AM
riv6672

Victor Zsasz was good in the latest ep.

The whole ‘Kate might still be alive’ angle is kinda stupid, considering the rl circumstances of her not being in the show.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2021 09:58 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by riv6672

The whole ‘Kate might still be alive’ angle is kinda stupid, considering the rl circumstances of her not being in the show.

yea i agree.. i think they've written themselves into some sort of conundrum because they can't have Safiyah say she lied to Alice by the time of the season finale.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2021 08:33 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Agreed.
It’s an angle that really was not needed. Plus, the Safiyah character seems boring and generic.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 10:14 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote:

Unless they have a plan to recast Kate for a season 3. Maybe the feeling was that it would be too soon after season 1 to recast the major role. So instead have a season of a fill in while the main antagonist is captured. then Kate Kane can return with a new actress and the fill in takes another identity as her side kick.

or if could be a backstop, a way of keeping a soft reboot option if the idea of a totally new Batwoman kills the ratings too much. if Ratings drop they can recast Kate have her escape and return.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2021 12:33 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by beatboks
Unless they have a plan to recast Kate for a season 3. Maybe the feeling was that it would be too soon after season 1 to recast the major role. So instead have a season of a fill in while the main antagonist is captured. then Kate Kane can return with a new actress and the fill in takes another identity as her side kick.

or if could be a backstop, a way of keeping a soft reboot option if the idea of a totally new Batwoman kills the ratings too much. if Ratings drop they can recast Kate have her escape and return.

all that is definitely possible

Old Post Feb 10th, 2021 08:21 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by beatboks

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
all that is definitely possible

That makes all sorts of entertainment industry logic.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 10:00 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Well this latest episode with the candy lady actually has me liking Ryan Batwoman better than Kate. She actually seems to be truly fleshed out to have a reason/motivation to want to be heroing.

If they can keep playing this angle I might be in for a while.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 07:03 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Still not liking the Kate storyline. Alice’s actress is doing all she can to make it interesting but it’s just not a great angle.
I did like Kate’s dad not going into dick mode after being rescued by the new Batwoman who’s obv. not his kid.

The Kryptonite wound is still festering...mwahahahaaaaa!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 09:46 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Still not liking the Kate storyline. Alice’s actress is doing all she can to make it interesting but it’s just not a great angle.
I did like Kate’s dad not going into dick mode after being rescued by the new Batwoman who’s obv. not his kid.

The Kryptonite wound is still festering...mwahahahaaaaa!

yea the kryptonite stuff makes no damn sense

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 09:11 PM
riv6672

yea the kryptonite stuff makes no damn sense

^^^hopefully it’ll come to a head next ep. as it’s starting to affect her performance (and health I’m sure).

I really enjoyed Alice this last ep. and was amazed she’s heterosexual. You can’t throw a paper airplane on that show without hitting an LGBT.

I also liked that A) Wolf Spider was dressed/looked like he actually came out of a comic book, and B) that it was pointed out the look is not exactly best at helping to avoid injury.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 09:50 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

^^^hopefully it’ll come to a head next ep. as it’s starting to affect her performance (and health I’m sure).

I really enjoyed Alice this last ep. and was amazed she’s heterosexual. You can’t throw a paper airplane on that show without hitting an LGBT.

I also liked that A) Wolf Spider was dressed/looked like he actually came out of a comic book, and B) that it was pointed out the look is not exactly best at helping to avoid injury.

it seems alice is on some sort of reemption arc

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 08:46 PM
riv6672

it seems alice is on some sort of reemption arc

You aren’t buying her “I wanna find Kate and killer myself” motivation?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 09:46 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

You aren’t buying her “I wanna find Kate and killer myself” motivation?

not really because even if kate is alive to wouldn't make sense for alice to kill her so easily especially since during the first season alice had numerous times to off her and couldn't

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 02:54 AM