KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Diversity Industry

The Diversity Industry
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Diversity for the sake of diversity is retarded. it should be based on merit. if that means certain group or groups end up being either over/under-represented in an activity, so be it.

100% agreed. I’m in finance in Canada. We have so many diversity scholarships focused on women and visible minorities. Even streamlined financial internships. For “diversity”. I’m half black, but I chose not to apply because I want to f*cking FIGHT for my shit. Not be coddled into “success” because of “systematic oppression”.

I don’t mind it tbh. Less comp when I finally got into a BB. 90% of the people riding the diversity scholarships? Man...it just makes certain groups look less efficient. They are my coworkers for having a pulse and fitting a certain checkbox. Wouldn’t be qualified to park a car imo. Life always hits those people so hard imo.

The worst part? I know a lot of white people who would benefit far more from the scholarships because they are actually worse of economically and are more efficient. Whenever you start dividing people for their ethnicity/race etc. over merit, no matter how noble the reason is, shit goes downhill. ALWAYS.

I’ll take some mild racism over a pacifier and someone telling it’s okay, I tried my best any day. But that’s just me.

There is more diversity in a room full of white or black people from different socio-economic upbringing than a room full of different ethnicities.

Identity politics is so stupid. So are equity quotas.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jul 21st, 2018 at 02:40 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 02:30 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Robtard
^ Nailed it.

It's people kneejerking, thinking the safety bubble they've built around themselves is being threatened when it's not. In short, it's "But Muh Whiteness!" fearmongering.

I think this fear of theirs stems from the concern that in the coming generations America will indeed be 'less White'; that's just natural change. America after all is called the "melting pot". But that doesn't mean White people are magically just going away, it will just be a bit more non-White faces in the crowd than their used to now. ie "more fvcking diversity" as you said.

This really highlights the rural/suburban-urban divide. People who live in large population centers see a diverse America every day. People who live in small, homogenous communities do not. Their sense of what America actually looks like is skewed, and they fear America becoming what it actually already is.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 03:21 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Silent Master
Diversity for the sake of diversity is retarded. it should be based on merit. if that means certain group or groups end up being either over/under-represented in an activity, so be it.

Except it is not diversity for its own sake. It is diversity for the purposes of proportionate representation.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 03:22 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
It is diversity for the purposes of proportionate representation.
I'm not hugely up to date on my diversity politics, but isn't proportionate representation synonymous with diversity?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 03:32 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Except it is not diversity for its own sake. It is diversity for the purposes of proportionate representation.

Which is retarded, no matter what group benefits.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 04:04 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

And what exactly is the value in different skin colors being proportionally represented? Something as arbitrary as that shouldnt have anything to do with qualification, in the same way that eye color and hair color don't. I understand that these sort of measures are taken to offset the prevalent bias, but they reinforce the same flawed idea behind the problem--that people should be classified by their skin color over their personal qualities. Not that I don't sympathize with the desire to level the current playing field, but "proportionate representation" being viewed as an ideal seems awfully counterproductive. Like a resolution to continue drawing lines in the sand that never had any business being there.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Jul 21st, 2018 at 05:35 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 05:33 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by NewGuy01
And what exactly is the value in different skin colors being proportionally represented? Something as arbitrary as that shouldnt have anything to do with qualification, in the same way that eye color and hair color don't. I understand that these sort of measures are taken to offset the prevalent bias, but they reinforce the same flawed idea behind the problem--that people should be classified by their skin color over their personal qualities. Not that I don't sympathize with the desire to level the current playing field, but "proportionate representation" being viewed as an ideal seems awfully counterproductive. Like a resolution to continue drawing lines in the sand that never had any business being there.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
(please log in to view the image)

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 06:00 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Something as arbitrary as that shouldnt have anything to do with qualification

But it does, and has for thousands of years.

Things like affirmative action wouldn't exist if being white, male and wealthy didn't disproportionately give you an individual advantage in our """"""meritocratic"""""" society.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 09:56 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
But it does, and has for thousands of years.

Things like affirmative action wouldn't exist if being white, male and wealthy didn't disproportionately give you an individual advantage in our """"""meritocratic"""""" society.

It's just too bad asians aren't "diverse" enough for leftists. To the point where they are penalized.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 10:32 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

What a terrifyingly dangerous concept. How far down the rabbit hole do you go? Do you represent by population sizes? Preferences? Or do we make sure every person who identifies with a particular group is represented like some sort of Justice League of Social Justice Warriors?

This kind of ideas got millions killed. Its the flip side of white/black people etc. are superior. The latter is more easier noticeable because it is nationalism driven by greed. The former is more difficult to point out as dangerous because on its face it is compassion but it is driven by envy.

Whenever you start dividing people based on their characteristics, on what they have or do not have, whether it is inherent or material, people die. Every single goddamn time. It is simply not sustainable.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 02:43 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What a terrifyingly dangerous concept. How far down the rabbit hole do you go? Do you represent by population sizes? Preferences? Or do we make sure every person who identifies with a particular group is represented like some sort of Justice League of Social Justice Warriors?

This kind of ideas got millions killed. Its the flip side of white/black people etc. are superior. The latter is more easier noticeable because it is nationalism driven by greed. The former is more difficult to point out as dangerous because on its face it is compassion but it is driven by envy.

Whenever you start dividing people based on their characteristics, on what they have or do not have, whether it is inherent or material, people die. Every single goddamn time. It is simply not sustainable.

Bingo.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 02:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Seems like we have 2 sides, here:

Those who value merit-policies and those who value affirmative action policies.

I don't think it's possible to have both. A merit-based system within an affirmative action system is not even remotely the semblance of a merit-based system specifically because the entire premise starts with the fact that those with qualifying merits are initially excluded.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 06:48 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Seems like we have 2 sides, here:

Those who value merit-policies and those who value affirmative action policies.

I don't think it's possible to have both. A merit-based system within an affirmative action system is not even remotely the semblance of a merit-based system specifically because the entire premise starts with the fact that those with qualifying merits are initially excluded.

I have a great idea. We have an MMA fight to see which policy should reign supreme.

One side chooses their fighter based on the most skilled fighter they can find. The other side just chooses a random minority and hopes for the best.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 06:52 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
I have a great idea. We have an MMA fight to see which policy should reign supreme.

One side chooses their fighter based on the most skilled fighter they can find. The other side just chooses a random minority and hopes for the best.

Minorities dominate boxing and MMA in the US.

So your idea is a probabilistic failure and you should feel ashamed for being so stupid. How dare you.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 06:54 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Minorities dominate boxing and MMA in the US.

So your idea is a probabilistic failure and you should feel ashamed for being so stupid. How dare you.

Damn! Sounds like the MMA needs some forced diversity.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 07:04 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Damn! Sounds like the MMA needs some forced diversity.

Oh shit! I swear I didn't see the trap you laid out for me.

Well done.

This is me, now:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 07:10 PM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

100% agreed. I’m in finance in Canada. We have so many diversity scholarships focused on women and visible minorities. Even streamlined financial internships. For “diversity”. I’m half black, but I chose not to apply because I want to f*cking FIGHT for my shit. Not be coddled into “success” because of “systematic oppression”.

I don’t mind it tbh. Less comp when I finally got into a BB. 90% of the people riding the diversity scholarships? Man...it just makes certain groups look less efficient. They are my coworkers for having a pulse and fitting a certain checkbox. Wouldn’t be qualified to park a car imo. Life always hits those people so hard imo.

The worst part? I know a lot of white people who would benefit far more from the scholarships because they are actually worse of economically and are more efficient. Whenever you start dividing people for their ethnicity/race etc. over merit, no matter how noble the reason is, shit goes downhill. ALWAYS.

I’ll take some mild racism over a pacifier and someone telling it’s okay, I tried my best any day. But that’s just me.

There is more diversity in a room full of white or black people from different socio-economic upbringing than a room full of different ethnicities.

Identity politics is so stupid. So are equity quotas.

Your open self loathing for scooby snacks from your masters are quite entertaining.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 07:15 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by panthergod
Your open self loathing for scooby snacks from your masters are quite entertaining.

You're an idiot.

I'm not a poor little black boy who needs a handout. I like being judged by my character and not the color of my skin.

The irony of people who celebrate MLK Jr. and envision these policies is not lost on me. Any policy that depends on affirmative action will fail. And it will be bloody.

That is because human beings are infinitely complex and there is more diversity within a certain ethnic subgroup than between two ethnicity. Diversity is also such a broad topic, that there are many different measuring points.

Who is to say for example, that diversity of ideas, such as politics, is not just as important to a society as ethnicity? People are amazing, and unique, and the greatest single dictator of policy should be the individual.

We already figured this out when we saw 10s of millions die in the 20th Century under the guise of equality. This isn’t a matter of opinion. People always die. It is inevitable. When you start despising those who have more or do better for whatever reason, whether it is the melatonin of their skin or their last name, shit goes downhill. It is human nature. We are hominids, tribalism is always bad. I read the gulag archipelago and the similarities are outstanding. It also hits home because my other half of the family is from the USSR.

TIME and EDUCATION sees racism both systematic and direct decrease. Nothing else. Forced identity politics swings the pendulum the other way, and has guys like Trump elected.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jul 21st, 2018 at 07:40 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 07:34 PM
dadudemon

You're an idiot.

I'm not a poor little black boy who needs a handout. I like being judged by my character and not the color of my skin.

When a black man says, "praise me because of what I've done, not the color of my skin", a certain set of people get quite pissy about that. You're not falling in step with the agenda where you're considered weak, dumb, and helpless. How dare you think you can get an education, work hard, and succeed in life. Don't you know you're helpless so you need the help of the benevolent SJW rich white people to succeed in life?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 07:48 PM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're an idiot.

Thanks for demonstrating your pathetic self image issues for all to see. I appreciate this INCREDIBLY revealing display of wanton self loathing from a mentally compromised biracial Canadian (first blackface Drake, now this.. laughing out loud ). Makes sense for an notorious Asatru worshiper, after all.

quote:

The irony of people who celebrate MLK Jr. and envision these policies is not lost on me. Any policy that depends on affirmative action will fail. And it will be bloody.

That is because human beings are infinitely complex and there is more diversity within a certain ethnic subgroup than between two ethnicity. Diversity is also such a broad topic, that there are many different measuring points.

Who is to say for example, that diversity of ideas, such as politics, is not just as important to a society as ethnicity? People are amazing, and unique, and the greatest single dictator of policy should be the individual.

We already figured this out when we saw 10s of millions die in the 20th Century under the guise of equality. This isn’t a matter of opinion. People always die. It is inevitable. When you start despising those who have more or do better for whatever reason, whether it is the melatonin of their skin or their last name, shit goes downhill. It is human nature. We are hominids, tribalism is always bad. I read the gulag archipelago and the similarities are outstanding. It also hits home because my other half of the family is from the USSR.

TIME and EDUCATION sees racism both systematic and direct decrease. Nothing else. Forced identity politics swings the pendulum the other way, and has guys like Trump elected.

I'm sure the snacks they granted you for parroting their laughably transparent talking points were quite satisfying to you as well, house servant.

"poor little black boy ". laughing out loud Really? Your own first words. Exactly how much psychological torture do these people do to you compromised children up there in Canada..?

The people whose ideology you parrot like the childishly naive weak minded peasant you are are QUITE satisfied that your mind is so thoroughly colonized they can continue their ongoing global war against Black people in peace. After all, they have weak minded individuals like you here to do their work for them and run interference for your Aryan savior figures with the illusion of individualism they have NEVER followed, ever..

While they increasingly support Nazi's, the KKK, and Progressive racists like the Clintons(i.e the mainstream corporatist left and all of the western establishment and dissident Right are on the same side: global white supremacist empire. always have) , here you are doing the work of pretending that racism is anywhere near going away because you bought fake leftist propaganda at face value like the gullible sucker you are up in good ol' Canada. Great job running interference for your masters. I'm sure they'll pat you on the head and give you an extra snack for your efforts here!

Last edited by panthergod on Jul 21st, 2018 at 10:37 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 10:24 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote