KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Overlord

Overlord
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Overlord

WW2 horror movie from JJ Abrams

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 07:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

This looks so much fun!

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 08:04 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I was getting a CoD zombies vibe from it.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 08:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 08:05 AM
davidguttermans

This looks good.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 07:40 AM
davidguttermans is currently offline Click here to Send davidguttermans a Private Message Find more posts by davidguttermans Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I want to see this. It looks good and is getting good reviews.

I hope JJ Abrams' association doesn't ruin it, but he didn't direct it, so he's probably irrelevant. Looks like the director hasn't done many feature-lengths.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 12:13 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by davidguttermans
This looks good.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 12:16 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Finally. A Castle Wolfenstien Movie!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 06:48 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

may see this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 09:20 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I could see this,but doubt I will waste a theater visit for it.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 05:42 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Reading the director of this movie will be doing the new Flash Gordon movie for FOX.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 03:55 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Only Overlord I wanna watch has a spellcasting skeleton in it.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 04:25 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji
Reading the director of this movie will be doing the new Flash Gordon movie for FOX.

A new FLASH GORDON movie? Gonna have to research that, thanks.
I’ve fantasy cast that one; loved the 80s version, and always loke to see this property re-visited.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 04:47 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah the old 80's one has some dodgy special effects but i guess that's part of its charm.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 05:58 AM
Flyattractor

Cheese is a GOOD Thing. CHEESE is FUN!!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 06:00 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I saw this with a friend and plan to do a video review with him, but that may take a couple weeks.

Basically it seemed like JJ Abrams was directing over this new guy's shoulder and the writing is uninspired.

It's a shame because the idea was so good. But I think we'd all be better off just watching Inglorious Basterds and Planet Terror again.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 08:33 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

SO there is Lots and Lots of Lens Flare then?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 09:02 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That trailer was really unique and original, I've never seen that style before.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 10:19 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Flyattractor
SO there is Lots and Lots of Lens Flare then?

Haha.. no, I didn't notice any, but I actually mentioned that to my friend before the movie started, "There better not be a bunch of shaky cam and lens flares." It had more to do with the sort of generic characters that you're just supposed to care about... because.

Eh, it just didn't seem like they had as much fun with the premise as they should have. It wanted to be serious and over-the-top horror at the same time and it just didn't work all that well for me. And CGI horror has got to stop.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2018 12:34 AM
steverules_2

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Haha.. no, I didn't notice any, but I actually mentioned that to my friend before the movie started, "There better not be a bunch of shaky cam and lens flares." It had more to do with the sort of generic characters that you're just supposed to care about... because.

Eh, it just didn't seem like they had as much fun with the premise as they should have. It wanted to be serious and over-the-top horror at the same time and it just didn't work all that well for me. And CGI horror has got to stop.

I loved the 1980’s version of the thing, the stop motion and animatronics were amazing

Then they had the prequel which was all CGI and it looked awful and fake

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 10th, 2018 01:08 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote