KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread

The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread
Started by: TheIndyJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Filoni states that Maul is a stronger swordfighter than Ahsoka, and goes on to state that Maul's overconfidence and underestimating his opponent was ultimately his undoing(like always):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FZfmHfMrN8&t=4m30s

This excuse is getting old and really stupid(how many times now? 3/4 times?). If Filoni was as great as many seem to prop him up on this high pedestal, then he should stop writing Maul like this. Many seem to overrate the guy, but I think it's really only cause he's the only one they know and he's more mainstream.

People will remember more of the handful of good episodes, than the bad. Even then I recall some of those good episodes, weren't even written by him at all.

Getting overconfident one time in a duel that's basically over(TPM) does not make for a character trait. It makes Maul look stupid instead.

Now I feel any material with Maul, some other writers are gonna be using this excuse for how he loses against so and so.

Last edited by Zenwolf on May 4th, 2020 at 03:55 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2020 03:50 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

It's in Maul's character to be a cocky dumbass. So even if he's better than them he's still going to lose.

RIP Maul.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 04:03 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

I was disappointed with how they handled Maul in Star Wars rebels. Not only did they completely butcher the dark side Ezra subplot and practically retcon it out of existence, but Maul randomly went out against Kenobi (who wasn't even a recurring character) without contributing or developing the story by any means whatsoever. It was dumb and I lost interest in Rebels after that.

Then I watch TCW Season 7 and I see Maul proposing teaming up with Ahsoka. Predictably, Ahsoka tells him to f-ck off, beats his ass and establishes Maul as being a complete and total joke. How boring.

How much more interesting would it have been to see season 7 revolve around this otherwise unlikely alliance? How much more interesting would it have been to see Maul/Ahsoka's joint efforts to try and prevent what is ultimately the inevitable? After all, Ahsoka is no longer with the jedi order and is able to make decisions a jedi would not otherwise be willing to make. I think it would make for a fun dynamic with how both characters could play off each other and would be a nice change of pace as opposed to the typical Maul gets humiliated storytelling we've grown accustomed to.

Last edited by Dark-Kenshin on May 4th, 2020 at 04:38 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2020 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by Zenwolf
This excuse is getting old and really stupid(how many times now? 3/4 times?). If Filoni was as great as many seem to prop him up on this high pedestal, then he should stop writing Maul like this. Many seem to overrate the guy, but I think it's really only cause he's the only one they know and he's more mainstream.

People will remember more of the handful of good episodes, than the bad. Even then I recall some of those good episodes, weren't even written by him at all.

Getting overconfident one time in a duel that's basically over(TPM) does not make for a character trait. It makes Maul look stupid instead.

Now I feel any material with Maul, some other writers are gonna be using this excuse for how he loses against so and so.
Agreed. Filoni should just come out and admit he now has a raging hate boner for Darth Maul.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
How much more interesting would it have been to see season 7 revolve around this otherwise unlikely alliance? How much more interesting would it have been to see Maul/Ahsoka's joint efforts to try and prevent what is ultimately the inevitable? After all, Ahsoka is no longer with the jedi order and is able to make decisions a jedi would not otherwise be willing to make. I think it would make for a fun dynamic with how both characters could play off each other and would be a nice change of pace as opposed to the typical Maul gets humiliated storytelling we've grown accustomed to.

It wouldn't make any sense.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 04:59 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Yes S7 Maul > S7 Ahsoka, but if we're referring to that push scene I really think that's a one off considering he was barely able to push her a couple of episodes before more just her leaving an opening imo.

I'm curious what ya'll thought of Maul crushing the hyperdrive though and Ahsoka stopping a ship? Pretty crazy stuff.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Sub Vader level feat

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 4th, 2020 05:15 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by ares834
It wouldn't make any sense.
I disagree. The clones betraying the jedi and Ahsoka herself no longer being a jedi are enough of a catalyst to warrant an alliance against a mutual enemy.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 05:29 PM
ares834

Ahsoka is better than the Jedi. She isn't going to team up with a Sith Lord.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 05:32 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by ares834
Ahsoka is better than the Jedi. She isn't going to team up with a Sith Lord.
Didn't stop her 14 years later (at least until Maul betrayed her anyway). I'm not talking about joining the Sith order. I'm talking about doing what is (perceived to be) necessary to stop Sidious.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 05:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Scizard
I'm curious what ya'll thought of Maul crushing the hyperdrive though and Ahsoka stopping a ship? Pretty crazy stuff.
Both feats were beastly.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 4th, 2020 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by Scizard
Yes S7 Maul > S7 Ahsoka, but if we're referring to that push scene I really think that's a one off considering he was barely able to push her a couple of episodes before more just her leaving an opening imo.

Tbf even K'kruhk and the inquisitor can stop ships. But yeah they were impressive

Old Post May 4th, 2020 07:03 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Didn't stop her 14 years later (at least until Maul betrayed her anyway). I'm not talking about joining the Sith order. I'm talking about doing what is (perceived to be) necessary to stop Sidious.

It doesn't make any sense because of how stupidly she was written suring th sisters arc. Yet despite that, they still tried to make that a character defining thing in episode 10.

It amazes me that a seasonthat was garbage for the vast majority of its run time, was able to just become masterpiece for its last 5 minuites. How do you do something as incredible as the clone on sticks scene, or vader's image as he leaves the clones, or the lightsaber thing, after spending 12 episodes doing shit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEji_i-rp6E

Such wasted potential.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 08:19 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
It doesn't make any sense because of how stupidly she was written suring th sisters arc. Yet despite that, they still tried to make that a character defining thing in episode 10.

It amazes me that a seasonthat was garbage for the vast majority of its run time, was able to just become masterpiece for its last 5 minuites. How do you do something as incredible as the clone on sticks scene, or vader's image as he leaves the clones, or the lightsaber thing, after spending 12 episodes doing shit like this

Such wasted potential.

I mean, Rebels kinda did the same, a lot of it was just...ehhh to meh to...just...what the ***?

The only difference is, that TCW ended on a stronger note. Rebels just...didn't.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by Rockydonovang

Such wasted potential.
The funny thing is that you can tell by the dialogue that whoever came up with that scene was really proud of it.

I mean, Rebels kinda did the same, a lot of it was just...ehhh to meh to...just...what the ***?

The only difference is, that TCW ended on a stronger note. Rebels just...didn't.
Rebels had some potential at certain points, but it's like they go out their way to assure that every storyline's resolution is as dull and uninteresting as possible (i.e. Kanan is blinded at the end of S2, but this gets resolved within a single episode by bendu ex machina in S3). The only exception to this I can remember was the end of S1 when Vader showed up.

Last edited by Dark-Kenshin on May 4th, 2020 at 09:53 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2020 09:51 PM
Zenwolf

The funny thing is that you can tell by the dialogue that whoever came up with that scene was really proud of it.

Rebels had some potential at certain points, but it's like they go out their way to assure that every storyline's resolution is as dull and uninteresting as possible (i.e. Kanan is blinded at the end of S2, but this gets resolved within a single episode by bendu ex machina in S3). The only exception to this I can remember was the end of S1 when Vader showed up.

Don't forget that Ezra subplot and....oh...yeah, that came as quick as it went...

Old Post May 5th, 2020 12:01 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

just finished watching.. that was one helluva episode.. i hope rosario dawson does ahsoka justice

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 5th, 2020 03:01 AM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I rewatched EP IX last night. Both Ahsoka and Rey try to do the same thing: preventing a ship from flying away. Ahsoka is able to slow it down, but we see that she was actually being pulled by the ship. On the other hand Rey is capable of stopping it without the same issues Ahsoka had. gg for Rey

Old Post May 5th, 2020 08:06 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh yeah, Rey definitely did it better.

Still a great showing for Ahsoka, though.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 5th, 2020 01:34 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I think that's kinda unfair honestly.

While there was a lot of filler, the storythreads that were given narrative weight were almost given some kind of set up, some sort of context, and were paid off in a meaningful manner. Now that doesn't mean they were neccesarily all or even mostly good, but it does mean there's something that cold hold value there. With season 7 there's no connective tissue. Forget being good, how about being something?

For example I think kanan's interactions with the grand inqusitor were straight up good and consistently good for that matter. Kanan and Ezra's relationship is consistently utilized and treated as a real part of the universe before it leads to something(kanan vs the inqusitor, ezra 'letting go'). Compare that to Ahsoka and Rex's relationship in season 7 which is used for this cool ending, but comes out of nowhere.

And say what you want about rebel's original characters. But when they brought in the big guns, like tarkin, vader, maul, ect., they were kept
-> in character
-> they got involved for clear rationale
-> and they had a clear affect on the cast which could be observed via decisions made, acting, emoting, ect.

Rebels, for the most part, treated its world as if it was real. S7 did not.

I'd say Rebels was average and then occasionally terrible and occaisonally great. But S7, it was ocassionally average, mostly terrible, and for like 5 minuites, great.

S7 is making me wonder if i underappreciated rebels.

quote:

Well there was kanan dying. I also liked maul asking Kenobi to be avenged, Kanan 'having nothing to lose' against the grand inqusitor, and Ahsoka implusively deciding to "not leave anakin". The one thing I'm unsure about my feelings towards is thrawn's defeat. The whales didn't come out of nowhere persay, but I'd need to rewatch the episode to see if their inclusion made sense

Last edited by Rockydonovang on May 6th, 2020 at 01:23 AM

Old Post May 6th, 2020 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote