KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread

The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread
Started by: TheIndyJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 23 24 [25]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Wasn't Ahsoka also TK holding Maul against his will?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 27th, 2020 01:24 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Wasn't Ahsoka also TK holding Maul against his will?

Yeah, tho it's been argued maul may not have been in the state of mind to attempt to break out of her grip. TBH, that's not crazy.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Because it doesn't require overpowering a telekenetic defense? S3 Ezra can push three clones, I suppose he's now --considerably more powerful-- than Ahsoka? :/

Really? So Vader chucking machinery at Luke in ESB which Luke couldn't defend against wasn't a sign of Vader being more powerful in the force?

When Dooku was throwing machinery at Yoda in AOTC, was that not a Force contest either? Lol

You mean like this?

https://youtu.be/eU9JRYzUBBg?t=117

Because that's literally further than Maul pushed Ahsoka.

Considerably more powerful, indeed.

Funny because I don't remember Ahsoka flooring Vader by telekinetically chucking something at him right after leaving him defenceless.

When she isn't even facing him.

Are you blind? 0:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-v3B5JMm5U

She was literally attempting to murder him with her Sabers. He was weaponless. Hence Vastly more powerful.

Again, if you're going to insist on acting like passive force defenses are a thing in canon, why are you ignoring this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSHTWbG1qnE

Maul manages to push ahsoka far. Ahsoka literally grips him for several seconds.

Oh Im sorry was I actually supposed to address your troll point? She gripped him when He was falling in mid-air. Ezra could probably do that. with? You mean that he couldn't loosen her grip? S1 Kanan grips the GI with the force for several seconds when GI was also vastly more powerful than him in the force.

Maul pushed her very far. It was basically a rag doll. In fact the droid had to save her, so he essentially beat her in that confrontation. How is that NOT being vastly more powerful?

Either they dominated each other or they didn't, either way, this "considerably more powerful" thing didn't seem to show up when they fought. It's almost like Maul isn't "considerably" more powerful than someone who can "compete on his level." :/

She won the second fight. He won the 1st and 3rd. Difference was she defeated him by grappling him. The fact that she force gripped him after he was in free fall and already defeated is kinda irrelevant. I guess if Kenobi rag dolled Anakin with the force after chopping off his limbs then that would have proven something to you?

Maul overpowered her with his force powers. And both the confrontations where he did that didn't last very long. Deal with it. And if you're going to respond, respond in the ranking Mauls thread.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 02:27 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

^^agreed

Old Post May 28th, 2020 08:50 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So I mixed and matched ROTS with the last 4 episodes of Clone Wars, which was a fun watch. Was easy to switch back and forth with both being on Disney plus.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote:
Really? So Vader chucking machinery at Luke in ESB which Luke couldn't defend against wasn't a sign of Vader being more powerful in the force?

I think Vader throwing multiple things in succession and battering luke to the extent he was literally at vader's mercy(https://youtu.be/rgyitSlMtMY?t=227) is quite a bit different than landing a single hit and then retreating which, ooh, this guy can do:
https://youtu.be/Sg0rXa1WnZc?t=323
Cal is --considerably more powerful-- than vader I guess. :/

quote:
Are you blind? 0:23

Thor buddy, pause the frame. Ahsoka's legs and her torso and well, everything besides her face are facing away from Maul when he pushes her. She is as much --overpowered-- telekenetically as Maul is when he's falling mid-air. And gripping someone takes far more effort with the force than pushing someone, lmao.

quote:
She was literally attempting to murder him with her Sabers

Yes, because maul is closer to the ship meaning Ahsoka has to go on the attack while Maul simply has to wait until she's turned. Do note that before this push when ahsoka is facing him, he doesn't even bother trying to --ragdoll her--. You know why? Because he can't, hence why he fails to when they're involved in a two-sided duel as opposed to a game of tag :/

quote:
He won the 1st .

How does running away constitute winning a fight. Can you please explain to me what you define as a--victory--?

quote:
Difference was she defeated him by grappling him.

Well actually, if we count the third fight as a --victory--, I don't see why we wouldn't call this a w:
https://youtu.be/JlFC8woFkTA?t=104

Assuming we agree that --runnign away-- does not mean you won a fight, Ahsoka "won" their first and second fights and maul managed to win a game of tag.

"vastly more powerful" indeed. :/

Old Post May 28th, 2020 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Addressed and moved conversation to the Rank the Mauls thread.

This isn't a versus section.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 06:11 PM
Zenwolf

Ok honestly because it's bugging the frack out of me.

Can anyone tell me what impressive feats Anakin(minus Mortis), Obi-Wan, Grevious, Dooku and Maul have in TCW?

For Dooku all I'm recalling is that Orbilisk feat. For Maul that Venator hyperdrive feat and that dragging shuttle one off a cliff.

Apart from those 2, cause they really are the only ones that either stick out or are recent. I...can't recall anything great about these characters.

I don't even know why or how the duels are impressive? Like they just keep fighting over and over again but....why is that impressive? I feel like there doesn't seem to be any great growth, cause the duels just....I dunno how to word it. They keep fighting eachother, but it feels like the duels are just the same more or less each time.

Maybe cause they keep fighting the same characters? Or it just seems that way cause it seemed like it was a weekly thing? /Shrug.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jul 28th, 2020 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Anakin took down that underwater structure in the first arc of S4 (though it took him a few seconds...

In S7 he force slammed that big Tri-Clops droid thing into the next one bringing them both down IIRC.

That aside, they do well when you power scale. Like Opress taking down the Jedi Shuttle when he was clearly not comparable to Dooku in the Force at all in any way.

And Anakin always fought on par with Dooku despite Dooku making the most of his Force Powers.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 12:25 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ok honestly because it's bugging the frack out of me.

Can anyone tell me what impressive feats Anakin(minus Mortis), Obi-Wan, Grevious, Dooku and Maul have in TCW?

For Dooku all I'm recalling is that Orbilisk feat. For Maul that Venator hyperdrive feat and that dragging shuttle one off a cliff.

Apart from those 2, cause they really are the only ones that either stick out or are recent. I...can't recall anything great about these characters.

I don't even know why or how the duels are impressive? Like they just keep fighting over and over again but....why is that impressive? I feel like there doesn't seem to be any great growth, cause the duels just....I dunno how to word it. They keep fighting eachother, but it feels like the duels are just the same more or less each time.

Maybe cause they keep fighting the same characters? Or it just seems that way cause it seemed like it was a weekly thing? /Shrug.
Dooku is easily took on savage + ventress. He also looked superior to kenobi in their fight on Oba diah

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Dooku is easily took on savage + ventress. He also looked superior to kenobi in their fight on Oba diah

1. Eh we already knew he was superior to them though, I guess it shows good multi tasking but...that's about it.

2. Was that the place with the Pikes? If so yeah, looking back on that fight, now that seemed impressive for Dooku.

What about Force feats though? For Dooku I just recall that Orbilisk one.

Anakin, Thor brought up that underwater structure.

Obi-Wan....??

Maul(not including the Venator already mentioned that)....the shuttle.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2020 06:53 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote