KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread

The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread
Started by: TheIndyJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Meh. The later seasons, which focused far more heavily on the main three Jedi, were far better than the earlier ones. Beyond that, Anakin was great in TCW.

They never did much with those other Jedi though aside from Barriss. I guess they figured Ahsoka was new so she will do.

Yeah Anakin was vastly improved through TCW.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 08:58 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by Galan007
Oh and props to Filoni for this easter egg:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Padawan Kanan. thumb up
Badass. I completely forgot that Kanan was Depa's padawan.thumb upthumb up

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 01:21 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's definitely cool to see him interweave canon like that, as Depa and Kanan were on a mission together in the comics when Order 66 happened. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 23rd, 2020 at 02:27 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 02:16 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

looks good. hopefully vos will appear somewhere, even if he was fighting on boz pity during these events

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 02:20 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It would be cool if they did a RotS-esque cutaway scene when Order 66 commences... Except this time show some of the other Jedi who were betrayed by the Clones, like: Depa and Kanan, Quinlan Vos, Eeth Koth, Rancisis, etc. etc.

Loads of Jedi to choose from... And all the while have Ahsoka sensing all this death and mayhem in the force, like Yoda did on Kashyyyk.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 02:33 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Its a couple of episodes a week starting Feb 21st. So I should be okay waiting for Disney plus to arrive here (March 24th) then just binge the whole thing.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2020 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Badass. I completely forgot that Kanan was Depa's padawan.thumb upthumb up

Depa was in a coma after the Battle Of Haruun Kal - she was in a coma up until the end of The Clone Wars.

She never had a padawan. no expression

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 03:57 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Originally posted by CaveDude33211
Depa was in a coma after the Battle Of Haruun Kal - she was in a coma up until the end of The Clone Wars.

She never had a padawan. no expression

No dude - Eli Vanto is talking about that show Rebels - the show with Ahsoka.

You know - from that "The Clone Wars" series where General Grievous fought Obi-Wan multiple times before the Battle Of Utapau.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 04:00 PM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Lighter332
No dude - Eli Vanto is talking about that show Rebels - the show with Ahsoka.

You know - from that "The Clone Wars" series where General Grievous fought Obi-Wan multiple times before the Battle Of Utapau.

Revenge Of The Sith says that General Grevious and Obi-Wan only fought once.

Oh wait, I forgot that "The Clone Wars" and "Rebels" is Non-Canon. smile

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 04:02 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

So Depa indeed never had any padawan named "Kanan". smile

Same as Grievous never fought Kenobi multiple times.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 04:05 PM
Dominis

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Its a couple of episodes a week starting Feb 21st. So I should be okay waiting for Disney plus to arrive here (March 24th) then just binge the whole thing.

So you've not watched Mandalorian yet?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 06:37 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Dominis
So you've not watched Mandalorian yet?

Yes I have. But would prefer to watch the legit way.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 07:55 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

So Depa indeed never had any padawan named "Kanan". smile
Depa was Caleb Dume's master in canon. Caleb Dume IS Kanan Jarrus. He changed his name during the purge to try and protect himself

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Revenge Of The Sith says that General Grevious and Obi-Wan only fought once.

Oh wait, I forgot that "The Clone Wars" and "Rebels" is Non-Canon. smile

Grevious implies that they've never fought before that duel, so they never fought at all...at least before the 08 TCW series.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Grevious implies that they've never fought before that duel, so they never fought at all...at least before the 08 TCW series.

When did he imply that?

Anyway even according to the ROTS Novel he had faced Grievous before, so not sure what these guys are trying to prove about TCW (which is canon as per Lucas himself).

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 08:59 AM
Zenwolf

When did he imply that?

Anyway even according to the ROTS Novel he had faced Grievous before, so not sure what these guys are trying to prove about TCW (which is canon as per Lucas himself).

His dialogue to Kenobi?

“I have been trained in the Jedi arts by Count Dooku”.

It seems something a bit pointless to bring up if they’ve fought so many times before.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 01:26 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

His dialogue to Kenobi?

“I have been trained in the Jedi arts by Count Dooku”.

It seems something a bit pointless to bring up if they’ve fought so many times before.

Over explanatory for audiences. Happens all the time.

And the ROTS novel also states Kenobi he faces him before.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 02:18 PM
CaveDude33211

Nope - wrong on both accounts.

Grevious explained that to Kenobi because it was literally the first time they had faced each other in a duel.

And the prequel novel to Revenge Of The Sith, which is Labyrinth Of Evil had a scene where Mace Windu told Obi-Wan that Grievous had killed many Jedi by analyzing their lightsaber-techniques - and that Kenobi would be the perfect candidate to fight Grievous - because Grevious had never had a chance to battle Kenobi and analyze his lightsaber-technique.

- Meaning that Grievous had never fought Obi-Wan prior to the Battle Of Utapau - which is why Grievous later proclaims that he had been trained by Count Dooku.

And since two stories with incompatible-events cannot both be Canon - then obviously Revenge Of The Sith is Canon and "The Clone Wars" and "Rebels" are not. smile

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 03:33 PM
Zenwolf

You have the quote? I can't seem to find it, or at least know where it is in the novel?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 04:54 PM
Darth Thor

You have the quote? I can't seem to find it, or at least know where it is in the novel?

Im almost certain it comes up in his conversation with Anakin before he goes to face Grievous.

Something along the lines of Anakin saying - it didnt go that well last time you faced him... then Kenobi replying - Im more familiar with his style now...

Pretty sure I couldnt have imagined that. But will have to find my copy of ROTS to confirm.

If im right though, then some really arent the Legends fans/experts they make themselves out to be.... Well not next to me at least.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 11:24 PM