KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » animal man vs current hulk

animal man vs current hulk
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

animal man vs current hulk

assuming a composite version of buddy, could he copy hulk? let's assume a sun eater is off the table. could buddy still beat him?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 08:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
assuming a composite version of buddy, could he copy hulk? let's assume a sun eater is off the table. could buddy still beat him?

He may be able to. if so, It would all depend on whether or not he'd be able to increase his power levels like the Hulk is able to.

The current version of the Hulk was pushing Hercules and Thor around, so Buddy has a lot to prove in this instance.

Can he duplicate Superman? I ask because the Hulk and Superman are pretty similar in terms of where they get their power from.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 02:31 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by Stoic
He may be able to. if so, It would all depend on whether or not he'd be able to increase his power levels like the Hulk is able to.

The current version of the Hulk was pushing Hercules and Thor around, so Buddy has a lot to prove in this instance.

Can he duplicate Superman? I ask because the Hulk and Superman are pretty similar in terms of where they get their power from.

I am genuinely not sure he can beat the Hulk UNLESS Buddy (very quickly) takes out Banner. The key to beating the Hulk is to quickly take him out before he amps up, because the more time you take to defeat him the more he becomes harder to defeat ...and I don’t mean because he becomes ‘stronger.’

Look - I detest the Hulk due to the fans he seems to attract, but I respect the character and how Marvel put him together. They took the archetype of Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde, and polished it to a clean shine.

The Hulk is not a ‘strong’ character ...he is actually a limited range realty manipulator, it is just that it looks like ‘strength’ most of the time. As we all know, the angrier he gets the stronger he gets. But it’s not just physical strength.

For example, what was happening in World Breaker was not physical strength.

Or for an even better example, a ‘normal’ Hulk was trapped inside a glass cell where the glass had been tempered with some sort of ‘chronal energy’ that would immediately teleport him to some other place if he broke out. He got angry, smashed it, and managed to get through without getting teleported.

His whole ‘anger=strength’ shtick is more of an ‘anger=get out of my way’ thing, that just seems to manifest as physical strength.

Which is why (and this will be sacrilegious) I think that (a) Superman would defeat the Hulk, (b) the Flash would defeat the Hulk, (c) Sentry would defeat the Hulk ....BUT ... if they do NOT do it quickly within the first instants of a battle, and they do the old ‘trade punches’ nonsense, the Hulk could conceivably amp up to a level where he can be defeated. Where he becomes angry enough to become undefeatable by them. Where, for example, he develops an ability to adapt to even the Speed Force in the way he adapted to time/teleportation.

As an aside, I also think Superman’s strength and speed are not just ‘physical,’ and it’s been shown that Sentry is not a flying brick.

But back to the thread - Animal Man can win. He’d just need to take out the Hulk from jump.

He snoozes, he gets killed by the Hulk.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 05:51 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Where he can be defeated = where he cannot be defeated

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 05:53 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

That's not a viable tactic against the Hulk anymore.

His base is -way- higher than it used to be.

Guys like Superman or Flash can still beat him by virtue of having better feats than top-end Hulk, but guys like Buddy are worse off than they used to be.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 06:09 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by krisblaze
That's not a viable tactic against the Hulk anymore.

His base is -way- higher than it used to be.

Guys like Superman or Flash can still beat him by virtue of having better feats than top-end Hulk, but guys like Buddy are worse off than they used to be.

Interesting, and I’d love to know more.

So the Hulk nowadays cannot be - for example - penetrated by bullets or cut with claws? Because in the past he could, he just healed very fast. He cannot be decapitated by someone fast enough and strong enough at his base state?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 06:31 AM