KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Mangog vs Broly (Movie 8)

Mangog vs Broly (Movie 8)
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Lol... and it begins. Just want to point out (even though people are going to debate against the showing) that Broly during that scene (possible Galaxy destroying), his power was contained from the device he had on him hindering his power level.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Jul 21st, 2018 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 11:06 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
He can survive the sun and I never said Mangog couldnt survive the sun. I dont think he is dead. The guy fell in the sun and jumped right back out of it.

Cant think of a skyfather Broly wouldnt wreck. He chewed on an Uru from an alternate reality.. no clue on its durability. I know that Broly crushes space pods with his hands (and those things have crazy durability showings) and toss them out of orbit with ease. He also survived a planet engulfing energy meteor straight to the face and only suffered the wound that Goku gave him. When I say it engulfed planets, it ENGULFED a planet and a severely damaged Broly lived after this attack (at the end of vid)...

And he was able to match Goku in speed (and engulfed him in power) and this same Goku was able to grab hundred of aliens, Gohan, Roshi, Trunks, Piccolo and Vegeta within that second before the planet exploded (and they were scattered everywhere) and port them to a space ship. As shown, the planet was basically exploding and he snatched all of them up within that second and moved them to a different location.

This is a non fight.

Broly would do no such thing to a Sky Father.

He fought weaklings, and as I stated before, this depends entirely on power scaling, because comic characters should never be placed in a situation that pits them against Anime/Manga characters due to the large discrepancies that both mediums hold in order to tell their tales.

Power scaling is the most important part in deciding these things. Odin has power yields capable of slagging galaxy wide areas, while Broly struggles to destroy planetary level areas. This is hardly a Sky Father of Odin's standing limit, and yet he feared Mangog's power. It's not as if Mangog is his Kryptonite, or silver bullet like Drax was to Thanos.

Ultimate Mjolnir survived the destruction of another reality, and although the energy to destroy said reality was not quantified, Broly has yet to boast this kind of durability in any of his showings. Not when Mjolnir has survived many attacks like those that the Saiyan's have launched, but going back to durability; Broly would be wiped off of the face of whatever planet he was on if his reality were destroyed.

Mangog as I stated, broke the enchanted weapon with his mouth and survived it's full blast to his intestines. This as I mentioned earlier is far hotter than a star, which appears to be above Broly's physical limits.

You want to discus, or speculate on just how powerful Ultimate Mjolnir was in comparison to Marvel 616's Mjolnir? Well we saw a firsthand account of how War Thor (a bi-product of Ultimate Mjolnir) did against Jane Thor (a bi-product of 616 Mjolnir). War Thor was a High Herald level being that was picked apart by the Sky Father threat of Mangog.

If anything, Broly would have to show his dominance over a similarly powerful High Herald in order for your claims to even begin to be seen as being credible. Gladiator after all can punch a planet apart with his bare hands. If we were to place him up against Mangog... well Marvel has been pretty clear about what weight classes these two belong in, and Mangog is at the very least 2-3 classes above Gladiator.

Classic Mangog would laugh in the heart of a star when we measure just how much his intestines alone withstood. This is a guy that would drink such temperatures like a coffee based on hot much hotter lightning is in comparison to a star's temperature, and yet you still argue as if this were Broly's fight to lose.

Keeping in mind that Mangog is several orders of magnitude above Broly in terms of strength, durability, and power versatility... Broly should last about as long as War Thor, if we were to substitute Broly's speed for War Thor's mystical mallet.

Last edited by Stoic on Jul 21st, 2018 at 11:51 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 11:44 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lol... and it begins. Just want to point out (even though people are going to debate against the showing) that Broly during that scene (possible Galaxy destroying), his power was contained from the device he had on him hindering his power level.
Broly did NOT destroy a galaxy, carver. Do I really have to cover this with you AGAIN, lol?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 12:00 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Stoic
Broly would do no such thing to a Sky Father.

He fought weaklings, and as I stated before, this depends entirely on power scaling, because comic characters should never be placed in a situation that pits them against Anime/Manga characters due to the large discrepancies that both mediums hold in order to tell their tales.

Power scaling is the most important part in deciding these things. Odin has power yields capable of slagging galaxy wide areas, while Broly struggles to destroy planetary level areas. This is hardly a Sky Father of Odin's standing limit, and yet he feared Mangog's power. It's not as if Mangog is his Kryptonite, or silver bullet like Drax was to Thanos.

Ultimate Mjolnir survived the destruction of another reality, and although the energy to destroy said reality was not quantified, Broly has yet to boast this kind of durability in any of his showings. Not when Mjolnir has survived many attacks like those that the Saiyan's have launched, but going back to durability; Broly would be wiped off of the face of whatever planet he was on if his reality were destroyed.

Mangog as I stated, broke the enchanted weapon with his mouth and survived it's full blast to his intestines. This as I mentioned earlier is far hotter than a star, which appears to be above Broly's physical limits.

You want to discus, or speculate on just how powerful Ultimate Mjolnir was in comparison to Marvel 616's Mjolnir? Well we saw a firsthand account of how War Thor (a bi-product of Ultimate Mjolnir) did against Jane Thor (a bi-product of 616 Mjolnir). War Thor was a High Herald level being that was picked apart by the Sky Father threat of Mangog.

If anything, Broly would have to show his dominance over a similarly powerful High Herald in order for your claims to even begin to be seen as being credible. Gladiator after all can punch a planet apart with his bare hands. If we were to place him up against Mangog... well Marvel has been pretty clear about what weight classes these two belong in, and Mangog is at the very least 2-3 classes above Gladiator.

Classic Mangog would laugh in the heart of a star when we measure just how much his intestines alone withstood. This is a guy that would drink such temperatures like a coffee based on hot much hotter lightning is in comparison to a star's temperature, and yet you still argue as if this were Broly's fight to lose.

Keeping in mind that Mangog is several orders of magnitude above Broly in terms of strength, durability, and power versatility... Broly should last about as long as War Thor, if we were to substitute Broly's speed for War Thor's mystical mallet.
You have to understand that you're talking to someone who is not just of the impression that Broly would stomp Mangog, but that black hair (base) Goku at the time of this film could lay out Superman, Thor, Flash, and Silver Surfer all at once at the same time, or easily kill them all with a single blast.

As far as Mangog leaping from Earth to Asgard, that's probably just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but it sounds hilarious. I'll take your word for it, as I'm frankly not well-versed on the character. But in general, I don't typically support Thor in threads against DBZ simply because, while he has some speed feats, he is also consistently, pretty much universally from what I can gather, portrayed as slower than guys like Wolverine or Spiderman. I figured a villain of his that's a brick would be in a similar place speed-wise.

Can I get a scan of him leaping planets btw? Sounds ridiculous.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 01:49 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by NemeBro
You have to understand that you're talking to someone who is not just of the impression that Broly would stomp Mangog, but that black hair (base) Goku at the time of this film could lay out Superman, Thor, Flash, and Silver Surfer all at once at the same time, or easily kill them all with a single blast.

(please log in to view the image)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 01:54 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Yep and easily at that.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 02:10 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Stoic, I'm not reading that.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 02:10 AM
NemeBro

Just like you wouldn't battlezone WWH versus Magneto, but triumphantly declared that you would have won had you done so after the BZ was completed and insulted the better man (Damborgson) who decided to rep Hulk.

A real class act. thumb up

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 02:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

As far as Mangog leaping from Earth to Asgard, that's probably just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but it sounds hilarious. I'll take your word for it, as I'm frankly not well-versed on the character. But in general, I don't typically support Thor in threads against DBZ simply because, while he has some speed feats, he is also consistently, pretty much universally from what I can gather, portrayed as slower than guys like Wolverine or Spiderman. I figured a villain of his that's a brick would be in a similar place speed-wise.

Which is kind of the reason why I said that in order to come as close to the correct answer as we could, we would have to severely power scale the crap out of this.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 02:16 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Then remain in silent ignorance.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 02:19 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Just like you wouldn't battlezone WWH versus Magneto, but triumphantly declared that you would have won had you done so after the BZ was completed and insulted the better man (Damborgson) who decided to rep Hulk.

I don't actually have the scans, but you could google Free comic books to read online. Those words exactly, and you can read the entire conflict to see for yourself. Sorry about the scan though.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 02:21 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

But in general, I don't typically support Thor in threads against DBZ simply because, while he has some speed feats, he is also consistently, pretty much universally from what I can gather, portrayed as slower than guys like Wolverine or Spiderman. I figured a villain of his that's a brick would be in a similar place speed-wise.

Mangog leaping interplanetary distances:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Mangog gets thrown into the Sun (From beyond the moon at the very least) by Jane and instantly leaps back with some RIDICULOUS accuracy and speed (Waaaay past FTL):
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

I just noticed he f*cking dive-bombed the shit out of Jane and she was unharmed. Pretty ridiculous.

Thor leaps from the Sun to the moon:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The fact that neither of them can fly, the strength it would take to cover such distances so instantaneously (The Sun's gravitational pull if you want to consider that) is pretty ridiculous.

Aaron had Thor back in his first arc, fighting distances that traversed light years. He had Jane Thor catch a bullet out of the air casually. Her and Odin were punching each other across the Solar System like it was pool. He also penned probably Thor's greatest intricate speed feat by far: Simultaneous brain surgery on dozens of patients:
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...9/5726398-9.jpg
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploa.../5726399-11.jpg
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploa...6194-23e123.jpg
https://static2.comicvine.com/uploa.../5726407-14.jpg

I think his take on Thor's speed is a bit more updated. I also like the little touch that she didn't need a microscope. One of the cool touches he picked up from the classics is that Thor not only hears prayers across interstellar distances, he also has massively enhanced senses.

Too bad the book sucks so much lol.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 02:28 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 02:24 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

What in the world. What does this have to do with me not wanting to read a bible long paragraph? Are you ok?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 03:14 AM
NemeBro

I'm fine man. thumb up

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 03:17 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Mangog leaping interplanetary distances:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Mangog gets thrown into the Sun (From beyond the moon at the very least) by Jane and instantly leaps back with some RIDICULOUS accuracy and speed (Waaaay past FTL):

I just noticed he f*cking dive-bombed the shit out of Jane and she was unharmed. Pretty ridiculous.

Thor leaps from the Sun to the moon:

The fact that neither of them can fly, the strength it would take to cover such distances so instantaneously (The Sun's gravitational pull if you want to consider that) is pretty ridiculous.

Aaron had Thor back in his first arc, fighting distances that traversed light years. He had Jane Thor catch a bullet out of the air casually. Her and Odin were punching each other across the Solar System like it was pool. He also penned probably Thor's greatest intricate speed feat by far: Simultaneous brain surgery on dozens of patients:
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...9/5726398-9.jpg
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploa.../5726399-11.jpg
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploa...6194-23e123.jpg
https://static2.comicvine.com/uploa.../5726407-14.jpg

I think his take on Thor's speed is a bit more updated. I also like the little touch that she didn't need a microscope. One of the cool touches he picked up from the classics is that Thor not only hears prayers across interstellar distances, he also has massively enhanced senses.

Too bad the book sucks so much lol.
LOL, I love this big dude leaping from planet to planet like a cosmic Super Mario. laughing out loud

According to the artist's impression of the planets/asteroids in the second scan it seems the two he lept from were destroyed near-simultaneously. I don't think I can get a read on how far apart they were or even the size of the bodies though.

Yeah I'm aware of Thor, Thor, and Thor's fight with Gorr that had all showing notable speed during their fight, it's one of the feats I was thinking of when I said he has some speed feats. Another is when fighting Surtur under Simonson I think where he is Speedy Gonzalesing the fire giant while boasting he is as fast as the lightning he wields, which in my mind should put him at a level of speed where he shouldn't be getting blitzed by low metas, at least IMO.

The surgery feat is pretty rad, the casual precision super speed is reminiscent of a Superman or Flash feat. thumb up

Yeah, I've heard. Be level with me: is there a single good Thor story since the God Bomb story with Gorr? Because the impression I've gotten from Thor fans of Thor's recent history is not a good one.

Anyways, who do you think wins the thread lad, if you have an opinion?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 03:42 AM
cdtm

You wouldn't bz a character yet brag you'd win, Carver? For shame.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 12:00 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Carver's main argument for any dbz character revolves around asserting their superior combat speed.

And in this instance he may be right tbh.

Mango has shown some speed even before his leaping planetary distances at ftl. Mango is a pretty fast fruit.

Advanced alien tech(The Recorder) couldn't keep up the count on his punches.

While fighting Thor he burrows underground to Asgard, and Thor had to fly just to catch up.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2018 09:47 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Mango

Mango gets one-shotted.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 12:25 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Mango gets one-shotted.

MANGO NUMBER FIVE ! > _ <

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 05:21 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote