KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Wu Assassins (Netflix)

Wu Assassins (Netflix)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Wu Assassins (Netflix)

Upcoming Netflix show:

Wu Assassins, set in San Francisco’s Chinatown, is a martial arts crime series with supernatural elements. It stars Uwais as Kai Jin, who becomes the latest and last Wu Assassin, chosen to round up the powers of an ancient triad and restore balance once again.

Vikings star Katheryn Winnick, Lewis Tan (Into the Badlands), Sons of Anarchy alum Tommy Flanagan, and Tzi Ma (Meditation Park) are set as series regulars opposite Iko Uwais and Byron Mann in Netflix’s Wu Assassins, from Tony Krantz of Flame Ventures (24), John Wirth (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles; Falling Skies) and Nomadic Pictures (Fargo, Hell on Wheels).

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/dead...1202430151/amp/

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 05:42 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'll check it out, not expecting much though. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised.

Katheryn Winnick is ridiculously good looking though.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 06:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this im looking forward too

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 09:30 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

had me at lagertha. I will peep this

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 02:32 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's out. I thought the first ep was decent.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2019 10:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i've watched the first 5 episodes, its a bit slow at times but i like it

Old Post Aug 10th, 2019 03:39 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

finished all 10 episodes.. loved the martial art scenes

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 03:14 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I turned it off after the first 25mins or so. The scene where he gets his powers was too cheesy, couldn't hang.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 07:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I've watched about half of this and it's been a bit of a mixed bag. I like the martial arts elements and fight choreography. You can see they actually got people with martial arts background and experience in the roles, and aren't just swapping everyone with stunt performers and abusing rapid cuts and shaky cam to try and hide it, like what happens in a lot of shows/films. But the vfx is very inconsistent and some of the acting and dialogue is really bad.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2019 05:47 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah got turned off by the second ep. Meh.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2019 08:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Netflix couldn't just fund The Raid 3 could they? I do like the matrial arts aspects of it but the scene where Uwais gets his powers is just too cheesy. I might watch a few more episodes though.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2019 05:59 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Got up to episode 6, debating whether to even watch the final 4, it's a bit meh. I'm only really watching it for Katheryn Winnick at this point, they also need to unleash Lewis Tan FFS. Not seen the main actor before but he looks like he should be playing roles in martial arts comedies, he has a dumb face and a voice to match.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Aug 19th, 2019 12:35 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Katheryn Winnick is epic levels of sex appeal and hotness. But everything else was so bad, I couldn't hang.

Main guy is from 'The Raid: Redemption'

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 20th, 2019 at 10:13 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:11 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

^Agree totally with the first sentence. I didn't bother with the final 4 episodes in the end, she's barely in the show TBH.

Not seen any of those yet, heard good things though

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 08:08 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote