KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Delta Squad runs the Stealth Mission gauntlet.

Delta Squad runs the Stealth Mission gauntlet.
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
these guys have more experience and skill then the entire force that took the Jedi Temple.

The Clones that sacked the Jedi Temple had Darth Vader, lol.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Trocity
The Clones that sacked the Jedi Temple had Darth Vader, lol.
You're saying that wouldn't have succeeded without him?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 03:41 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834
If it ere that easy to kill high-end Sith then they wouldn't pose nearly the threat they do to the galaxy.

Revan butchers them.
Or maybe it's because they keep sending in low-end punks instead of the f*cking Special Forces that were literally bred for high-end covert operations.

These dudes are HK-levels in terms of killing ability.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 03:47 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Myth pulls out the whole "trained to take out Jedi" thing with Finn and no one gets on his case about it.

My arguments are good. smile

Also, I never said Finn could beat Darth fvcking Revan. I don't think Finn and his entire Squadron, with lightsaber resistant armour, could beat Revan. Nevermind Plagueis, Caedus, Sidious, etc.

Yes, this squad can kill an average Jedi or Sith I'm sure. But kill people on the higher echelone of Star Wars? No. They get squashed.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 06:50 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by MythLord
My arguments are good. smile

Also, I never said Finn could beat Darth fvcking Revan. I don't think Finn and his entire Squadron, with lightsaber resistant armour, could beat Revan. Nevermind Plagueis, Caedus, Sidious, etc.

Yes, this squad can kill an average Jedi or Sith I'm sure. But kill people on the higher echelone of Star Wars? No. They get squashed.
Your arguments are shit, when you debate in favor of Finn, that is. "HE IS TRAINED TO FIGHT JEDI AND IS DESCRIBED AS A SUPER SOLDIER" Solid arguments.

They could snipe him, to say they couldn't get into a highly protected area and take out a target is under-selling them, regardless of the target.

Not to say they can take out all the targets, in fact I'd say Boba and Jango have the best bet due to their blaster-resistant armor, all the other people have fleshy skulls, and have the skills to sneak past without them knowing, all it'll take is one shot to the head to anyone on this list, and it's over.

The problem with Boba and Jango is, that though they have better protection, they are outnumbered and severely outgunned, the weapons that the squad have are superior to Boba's wrist rockets, flame thrower, and blaster pistol, and they are each skilled enough to directly compete with them in H2H.

There are also a ton of factors like where they'll infiltrate each place, how they'll get close to the target, etc.

If you can compete with Magnaguards in CQC, they can compete with average Jedi in CQC. But thats not what we're talking about, we're talking about them sneaking in, killing the target, sneaking out.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 09:00 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Your arguments are shit, when you debate in favor of Finn, that is. "HE IS TRAINED TO FIGHT JEDI AND IS DESCRIBED AS A SUPER SOLDIER" Solid arguments.

He is trained to face lightsaber wielding foes, yes. He's also trained and stated to be a super soldier under a regime that has a better training system than either the Clones in the Republic or the Stormtroopers in the Empire(as per the Visual Guides). A training regime that SW.com confirmed was modeled after how Jedi were trained, on top of teaching them pretty much every type of weapon imaginable.

That logically means he's capable of contending with the average Jedi, if not outright beating one. Now, you're allowed to take a different interpretation, but the point is he's very much a solid combatant.

Here's the kicker though: I've only ever claimed Finn is capable of besting the average, fodder Jedi. I've never tried to pit him and his entire squad against some Force user worth a damn, like Revan.

Your arguments, however, are pretty worthless. My argument for Finn holds water because everything points to it. Nothing points to this squad having the ability to take out someone as powerful as Revan, let alone some of the other guys on this list. The moment they're sensed, and they will be sensed, a Sith would just raise his hand and choke the life out of them.

You're free to try and use as many logical fallacies as you'd like -- seeing so far you've abused the ad hominem, the strawman and the red herring -- but that doesn't change the fact that the Delta Squad, regardless of how much you wanna suck their Delta-Cocks, isn't capable of pulling this type of mission off.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 09:16 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

You're saying that wouldn't have succeeded without him?
tbh I also think the clones alone wouldn’t have beaten the Jedi. Sure, there would have been many casualties, but I think the Jedi would have won. After all there was Cin Drallig, Shaak Ti, in Legends even Sera Keto, and the Jedi temple guards. Hell even without Drallig/Ti I think fodder Jedi could edge it out

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 10:00 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be fair these aren’t the storm troopers we see later on who couldn’t kill a fly

All clone troopers were very competent fighters, and the troops that went to the Jedi were the 501.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 11:34 AM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
how tf is delta squad touching this list

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 03:01 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

i doubt finn even has a remotely close chance to revan.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 05:28 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

bump

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 04:10 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jmanghan is so attractive

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 04:11 PM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

You are starting to sound like Nadd tbh.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 04:12 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
You are starting to sound like Nadd tbh.

So top tier?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 04:13 PM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Near Jman’s league. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 04:20 PM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is the image I posted a year or two ago of Jman's beautiful head still around?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 04:21 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Who were you a couple years ago?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 04:23 PM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

You might know me as Gideon, or Tempest. I'm a renowned Sheevite. Don't you remember?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 04:24 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Not Gideon, but I do remember a tempest.

Can I see a thread that you posted on as Tempest?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 04:26 PM