KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Digital Libraries, the future, the now

Digital Libraries, the future, the now
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Digital Libraries, the future, the now

With digital replacing DVDs more and more, what do you use for your digital film library and how many films do you own?

-I currently use Plex as my media server, I have around 775 films. I also have the entire first season of Cobra Kai, 6 Star Trek Enterprise episodes and 2 Who Is America.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 09:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

At my apex, I had over 1,000 DVDs before I sold them and kept, maybe, 75 of them because they're not on Netflix or Hulu.

Sadly, I don't have a digital drive and I still have my TV show DVDs and other assorted titles.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 11:45 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I may have to look into plex

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 02:42 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Putlocker. smile

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 02:44 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I lost count of how many discs I own.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 06:03 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Last time I counted, I have about 950 movies/series on DVD and Blu-Ray, not including all the VHS(lol) tapes I still own. Not planning on giving up on physical media anytime soon.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 06:07 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Last time I counted, I have about 950 movies/series on DVD and Blu-Ray, not including all the VHS(lol) tapes I still own. Not planning on giving up on physical media anytime soon.

Same, I don't like the idea of not having a physical item, I feel like I have no control over whether or not someone can take it away from me. I'm a weirdo, lol.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 06:18 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Same, I don't like the idea of not having a physical item, I feel like I have no control over whether or not someone can take it away from me. I'm a weirdo, lol.

Ditto.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 06:40 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I like the whole package deal that comes with blu-ray.
Alternate scenes & endings, making of docs, bloopers...

If I really enjoy a movie I wanna know what happens behind the scenes.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 06:57 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I use VUDU, and have over 300 movies.

Paid for them all.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 12:59 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I pay for all my films too. I detest piracy which hurts the industry. I will look later on my ps4 but I have a shit load of films with Infinity War on the way next week.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 01:51 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not sure how many I have. Latest movie I got was The Death of Superman. Just came out. Gonna watch it sometime today. Been looking forward to it.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 01:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Still physical media for me.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 05:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Re: Digital Libraries, the future, the now

Originally posted by Robtard
With digital replacing DVDs more and more, what do you use for your digital film library and how many films do you own?

-I currently use Plex as my media server, I have around 775 films. I also have the entire first season of Cobra Kai, 6 Star Trek Enterprise episodes and 2 Who Is America.

We changed over and started storing everything on a digital library my brother built a few years ago as well. Everything, from movies and series to anime, music and books are stored on there. Besides the fact that it's clutter-free it's also convenient because we can access it from anywhere in the house from any device.

Think we have about 650+ films just in the live-action film section. We use an old Mede8tor as our main media player.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 08:29 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kazenji
Still physical media for me.
Why not both? Digital library should be essential for any serious debater but then again you don’t debate so I see why it’s just physical media for you.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 01:43 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Digital is best for being able to check out the product first to see if I want to drop money to buy it. Saved a lot of money that way.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 04:50 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
but then again you don’t debate

Oh the irony there....

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 07:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

For people who prefer a physical copy...prepare yourself for the day when everything is digital.

A physical copy is irrelevant to me. All I need to know is that I have access to the movie.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 01:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kazenji
Oh the irony there....
Battlezones you despicable troll. You’ve never even attempted to debate just complain like a grumpy old man.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 05:55 PM
Darth Thor

I buy everything digital now. Use Amazon mostly. But buy the odd thing on my Sky box if the price is better, or rent if its only available to rent there. Thats one annoying part for me, that not every film is available to rent.

But the bonuses are too great. Can watch anywhere I am, and no more concern of losing films when I move or when someone borrows one.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 05:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote