KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The next James Bond?

The next James Bond?
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Inhuman
Ready to Snap!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
Anything is better than Daniel Craig, all previous Bonds had charm and charisma while he looks like a dude who works at the docks.....

thumb up

Just get Taron Egerton or Colin Firth since they did a better job of being bond-like in Kingsman than Craig ever did in the Bond role.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 07:10 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Top Rated Member

James Bond Producers Are Reportedly Leaning Toward Idris Elba as the Next 007

There are a lot of actors who could play 007 once Daniel Craig retires from the role he despises: Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender (even though he's Irish), Tom Hiddleston (of Hiddleswift fame), David Oyelowo (who actually voices the character in the audiobooks). Hell, even controversially-mustached human man Henry Cavill thinks he has what it takes.

But there's only one actor who should be the next James Bond, and that's Idris Elba.
-snip

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 05:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

Originally posted by Estacado
Anything is better than Daniel Craig, all previous Bonds had charm and charisma while he looks like a dude who works at the docks.....

thumb up

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 05:57 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Robtard
James Bond Producers Are Reportedly Leaning Toward Idris Elba as the Next 007

There are a lot of actors who could play 007 once Daniel Craig retires from the role he despises: Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender (even though he's Irish), Tom Hiddleston (of Hiddleswift fame), David Oyelowo (who actually voices the character in the audiobooks). Hell, even controversially-mustached human man Henry Cavill thinks he has what it takes.

But there's only one actor who should be the next James Bond, and that's Idris Elba.
-snip

Isn't he a bit old to start playing Bond?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 07:07 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard

That's my main concern, he'd be terrific in the role, but at 45 now he would be pushing 50 by his first film.

But if Tom Cruise at pushing 60 can beat up guys in their 30's and get all the chicks as Ethan Hunt, why why Idris

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 07:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Why not just create a new spy character that's black instead of reusing James Bond

just find it lazy having to change a race or sex of a character.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I was just cast, guys.

I hope to have your support.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:42 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Mindset
I know you.

I sometimes forget how obsessed some posters are about me.
Rockwell indeed.

Also, i cant support a female Bond, at least not unless shes hot, sorry.

If i wanted my own comeback, id wipe your moms chin!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 09:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji
Why not just create a new spy character that's black instead of reusing James Bond

just find it lazy having to change a race or sex of a character.

I mostly agree w. that. Theyd have more freedom to take the character in different directions, if nothing else, without alienating an established fanbase.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 09:56 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well with Daniel Craig fans were complaining about having a Blond Bond.

So Really dont see the issue with a Black Bond. Given that wouldnt change the character at all.

Now a Female Bond... That would change the character... A Lot.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 10:03 AM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Darth Thor

So Really dont see the issue with a Black Bond. Given that wouldnt change the character at all.

Now a Female Bond... That would change the character... A Lot.

The only way i personally would have no problem w. a female or black Bond (and even then, it wouldnt be much of a problem, as im not that big a fan, but a problem in general SMH sense), is if, like Craigs being blond, it wasnt adressed at all.
If gender or color is ging to be some big plot point, then they (whoever they are) should just make up a new character to go into whatever issues they want to put onscreen, not co-opt an existing character.

Otherwise, have at it!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 10:30 AM
Kazenji

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Not quite the same as a Black bond.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 11:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Black blond Bond!

AKA, DTs statement proves, if anything, fans are never happy.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 11:30 AM
tkitna

Originally posted by Mindset
I was just cast, guys.

I hope to have your support.

(please log in to view the image)

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 11:34 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard

Bond having Blonde hair is just as superficial as Bond having Black skin. What really makes Bond is that he's British, suave, charming, a lady-killer and can kill a man effortlessly if needed. Idris Elba ticks all those boxes.

Granted, I know the character was written as a White man and when I personally think of Bond, Pierce Brosnan fits the look best in my mind, handsome/striking features, dark hair, tall and fit but not overly muscular. Idris ticks off all those boxes too expect skin color.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 04:10 PM
playa1258
Destiny Still Arrives

Hiddleston or Cavill would be my picks.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 04:59 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard

Hiddleston's great; just not sure he's Bond. Would certainly be interesting to see how he'd do in the role though.

Fassbender would probably be a great fit.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 05:13 PM
riv6672

Hiddleston would be a great villain, but, thatd be too obvious maybe?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 08:02 PM
Robtard

100% agreed there, he's full on Bond villain. In fact, this needs to happen regardless of who they pick to take on the role in the future Bond 26 film.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 08:07 PM
Inhuman
Ready to Snap!

Hiddleston as Bond, and also as the villain in a double roll like Dr. Evil and Austin Powers.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 08:17 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote