KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The next James Bond?

The next James Bond?
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

I like that they’ve taken the chance in this upcoming movie, to touch on things that have been the subject of conversation for years now.
A female Bond?
A black Bond?
A female black Bond?
Lets see what that might look like.
While it smacks of ‘poking the bear’, i think it’ll be done well.
The Craig tenure has been pretty much the best of the franchise (and i watched my first Bond in 1975); i expect it to go out w. a bang.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 12:21 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I demand a trans female disabled black actor with vitiligo.

#Representation

On a serious note, meh. It's cool to pass the 007 torch instead of trying to just do a female bond. Lets see what she can do with it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 02:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Stop demeaning Black people by pandering to them with this useless shits.

You’ll hardly never find any educated Blacks that accepts such a useless pandering. Treat us with damn respect, we’re not stupid nor morons.

Instead of asking to turn a white character Black, why not create a brand new one? Is that so damn ****ing hard?

Also, James Bond has always been white. Broccoli wrote him as such. Hell, Broccoli even went back and turn him half Scottish because of Connery’s acting skills. So pretending you can turn a white character that’s been white for near 25 years is ****ing stupid.

People that wants Bond Black, or female, can **** themselves.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 04:53 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
Stop demeaning Black people by pandering to them with this useless shits.

You’ll hardly never find any educated Blacks that accepts such a useless pandering. Treat us with damn respect, we’re not stupid nor morons.

Instead of asking to turn a white character Black, why not create a brand new one? Is that so damn ****ing hard?

Also, James Bond has always been white. Broccoli wrote him as such. Hell, Broccoli even went back and turn him half Scottish because of Connery’s acting skills. So pretending you can turn a white character that’s been white for near 25 years is ****ing stupid.

People that wants Bond Black, or female, can **** themselves.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Well they aren't making her bond. She is becoming the new 007, Bond is passing the torch to her. She is getting his code name.

It's still pandering though lol.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 15th, 2019 at 05:05 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 05:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Surtur
Well they aren't making her bond. She is becoming the new 007, Bond is passing the torch to her. She is getting his code name.

Could have put a spoiler warning with this.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 05:04 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will, but they are literally announcing this in the open.

EDIT: Maybe edit your post to take my quote out if possible.

2nd edit: heh, backfire also spoiled it on the previous page.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 15th, 2019 at 05:07 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 05:04 PM
Darth Thor

^ Too late, but I get your point.

Although its not an official announcement, its a scoop by the Daily Mail.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 05:42 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

As a huge fan of James Bond, I am sad to see the franchise go this way, they could have made another movie with a female 00# and connected it to the Bond-verse, while still keeping James Bond.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 05:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
As a huge fan of James Bond, I am sad to see the franchise go this way, they could have made another movie with a female 00# and connected it to the Bond-verse, while still keeping James Bond.

thumb up

They fcking killed it

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 05:51 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Nah. It will be fun to see her come in and just be better then James in Every Possible Way. Probably can even take a pee better while standing up then him too.

HOORAY FOR WOKE!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 06:09 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

She can’t be code name 007, only one person at a time can carry said title and rank.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 09:31 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I will laugh if she isn't using 007 or become the new bond...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 09:34 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by SquallX
She can’t be code name 007, only one person at a time can carry said title and rank.

yep

Old Post Jul 16th, 2019 06:08 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

At some point a non binary 007 will be introduced.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2019 07:32 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Yep agreed. James Bond is 007, and I know he supposedly passing the codename of "007" to Captain Marvel's friend, but even the "007/James Bond is a codename" fan theory got debunked by Skyfall. Yes, this is different, but the point is that James Bond IS 007. The James Bond 007 franchise is a franchise about one spy that Ian Fleming created. It does not need to be made into a "00-universe" or whatever the producers are trying to do to emulate the MCU yet again.

Good grief, women of many ethnicities have been represented in just the spy/adventure genre: Tomb Raider, Salt, the Mission: Impossible series, Colombiana, and Atomic Blonde spring to mind. Shoot, the James Bond series has had Wai Lin, Vesper Lynd, Triple X, Olga Kurylenko's character in Quantum of Solace, Judi Dench's M, plenty of strong female counterparts to Bond. Not to mention how lukewarm if not poorly received gender-bended films in franchises have been so far, from Ocean's 8 to Ghostbusters.

This makes zero sense from a storytelling standpoint. Bond is 007. Leave it alone.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2019 02:11 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

thumb up

Great idea. I would like to see that.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2019 07:15 AM
CaveDude33211 is currently offline Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

You know what’s funny and sad at the same time? This just proves Hollywood doesn’t believe a woman can create and a carry a new franchise by themselves, so they have to steal something a man created and that’s being portrayed by a man for last 20+ years to have a shot at anything.

Worse yet, women fails to se this. Same with Minorities.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2019 12:00 PM