KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clone Wars Season 8?

Clone Wars Season 8?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Clone Wars Season 8?

You think now that we have season 7, there'll be a season 8? Or is Season 7 meant to wrap everything up?

Nikkos Tyris Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 28th, 2018 02:44 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

S7 is gonna wrap everything up, as I believe it's right before it goes into ROTS.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2018 02:44 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Darth Thor is online now!

^ Yeah. The season we are getting was supposed to be season 8 (the final season) I believe. The proposed season 7 was done in the form of comics, novels and unfinished animatronics.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2018 06:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Prepare yourself, Asgard

quanchi112 is online now!

Disney really is the best thing to happen to Star Wars. The fans don’t deserve this company tbh. Not all of them but the toxic complainers.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 02:04 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
S7 is gonna wrap everything up, as I believe it's right before it goes into ROTS.
OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikkos Tyris Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 05:49 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Now that I think on it and this new season coming out, TCW really can't be both Legends and Canon. I'm not sure if this has just been a fandom thing or it's something official that the people over at LF stated, but it really cannot be both. If it's something the latter, then I question as to why they did it because to me it doesn't add up at all, if it's the former I question as to why fans think this.

If it's just because it was around before the ax fell on Legends, then that isn't much an argument to say it's still Legends when TCW was brought into Canon. If the whole series was brought into Current Canon, then it should stay Current Canon.

In fact, thinking on it more, I'm pretty sure it was going to end up like this from the very beginning because why would they add in key characters to the main ones? Or radically change others? Especially when there were already years of material produced Pre-TCW. (Which frankly is why I think there's a lot of inconsistencies if people say it's both, not that there aren't outside of this but still.)

So the fans putting TCW into both doesn't make much sense and I don't see why they would, perhaps certain little things can fit into Legends, but the overall of it and the big characters? Not really.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Aug 18th, 2018 at 07:46 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Knight of Ren

Sure it can.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 07:37 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ares834
Sure it can.

It can't, there's too much to say it can't be. At least not all of it.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 07:49 PM
ares834
Knight of Ren

Why is that?

Regardless, you seem to be under a misunderstanding. The EU is not considerd by LucasFilm to be some alternate universe. It's simply no longer Canon. But when the EU was Canon TCW was considered to be Canon to it.

Last edited by ares834 on Aug 18th, 2018 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 09:11 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Why is that?

Regardless, you seem to be under a misunderstanding. The EU is not considerd by LucasFilm to be some alternate universe. It's simply no longer Canon. But when the EU was Canon TCW was considered to be Canon to it.

I never said they considered it an alternate universe, just that if they pulled TCW into their current Canon that it cannot also be apart of Legends.

If it’s the fans that think it’s both then to an extent I can see it as Legends, but all of it can’t be. Certain characters and character changes just don’t add up or can’t be included into Legends.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 09:20 PM
ares834
Knight of Ren

quote:
I never said they considered it an alternate universe, just that if they pulled TCW into their current Canon that it cannot also be apart of Legends.

Which is absolutely utter nonsense consdiering the six flms are canon to both.

Regardless, when the EU was discarded TCW was canon to it. That's the simple fact of the matter.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 10:28 PM
Zenwolf

Which is absolutely utter nonsense consdiering the six flms are canon to both.

Regardless, when the EU was discarded TCW was canon to it. That's the simple fact of the matter.

The 6 films can be, but TCW can't be both now, I'm not talking about before I'm talking about now, especially since Rebels came out it really can't be Legends at all. Certain characters just don't make sense to be in Legends continuity, since they were only ever in TCW and really nowhere else or even mentioned in later material past TCW.

Or characters were changed drastically in TCW compared to how they were Pre-TCW and that doesn't really make sense either.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Aug 18th, 2018 at 10:37 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 10:31 PM
ares834
Knight of Ren

The 6 films can be, but TCW can't be both now, I'm not talking about before I'm talking about now, especially since Rebels came out it really can't be Legends at all. Certain characters just don't make sense to be in Legends continuity, since they were only ever in TCW and really nowhere else or even mentioned in later material past TCW.

Or characters were changed drastically in TCW compared to how they were Pre-TCW and that doesn't really make sense either.

Like I said previously, TCW isn't canon to the EU anymore as there is no such thing as a "Legend continuity".

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 10:49 PM
Zenwolf

Like I said previously, TCW isn't canon to the EU anymore as there is no such thing as a "Legend continuity".

That's what I'm saying! It can't be part of the EU. Ok, good.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 11:25 PM
ares834
Knight of Ren

My point was nothing is canon to the EU any longer as there is no such thing as "legends continuity".

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 12:09 AM
Zenwolf

My point was nothing is canon to the EU any longer as there is no such thing as "legends continuity".

Right, it's just the EU.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 12:15 AM
Darth Thor

That's what I'm saying! It can't be part of the EU. Ok, good.

So what was Sith Hunters then? Was it not Old Canon? Or the other Legends material based on TCW?

What about when The Ones became a big part of Legends?

Legends clearly did take TCW material in.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 01:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I'm glad this show is going to have a proper ending. Though I wish Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple would have been done in animation instead of novelization.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2018 02:09 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I'm glad this show is going to have a proper ending. Though I wish Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple would have been done in animation instead of novelization.

Yeah same.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 11:34 AM