KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Death of Superman

The Death of Superman
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
playa1258
Destiny Still Arrives

Spider-man was good but he was not allowed to punch anyone on the show.

Hulk was good for like a season.

I would personally put EMH first X-men second.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 05:33 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Elemental

EMH, is Marvel's best animated imo, followed closely by Spectacular Spider-Man.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 05:42 AM
Khazra Reborn is online now! Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2
The doctor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
Spider-man was good but he was not allowed to punch anyone on the show.

Didnít do that in homecoming either which was stupid

"We are VENOM!"

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 07:37 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Wolverine and the X-Men too.

Marvel had loads of great ones in the past. Dont know what happened to them.

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
EMH, is Marvel's best animated imo, followed closely by Spectacular Spider-Man.

thumb up

I own both those series.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 08:01 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2
The doctor

EMH?

"We are VENOM!"

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 08:17 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Earth's mightiest heroes.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 08:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2
The doctor

Ah

"We are VENOM!"

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 01:04 PM
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Marvel has had some great shows. Both X-Men TAS and X-Men Evolution can be found on Hulu.

With that said...I still think DC created the best animated universe. I'm talking about the DCAU. Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited. Technically that show with the robot was also in the same universe.

Young Justice was another great series.

There is a new Justice League cartoon series out now...but I think it's way too kiddy for me. The DCAU shows were for all ages and could be enjoyed by anyone.

Marvel cancelled Earth's Mightiest Heroes and replaced it with the lame Avengers Assemble.

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 30th, 2018 at 01:41 PM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 01:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Top Rated Member

This was decent; I enjoyed it. A lot better than JL: Doomsday and a good addition specifically to the DCAMU.

Not as good as their best five DC animated films overall though, Under the Red Hood, Flashpoint, Wonder Woman, The Dark Knight Returns and Gods and Monsters.

Am excited about all the named upcoming films:

Reign of the Supermen (part of the DCAMU)
Justice League vs. the Fatal Five (not sure if this is part of the DCAMU, I suspect it might)
Batman: Hush
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 09:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah the DCAMU is actually turning out to be a pretty decent shared universe.

Best weve had from animation for a while least.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 10:18 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard

Yeah, started out great with Flashpoint Paradox, then JL:War was a step down, didn't care how they portrayed Darkseid as little more than a retarded bruiser, really wasted him in that film. But it's overall decent all films taken in.

Seems 'Justice League vs. the Fatal Five' isn't part of the DCAMU, but a stand alone.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 10:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

just got done watching this. Man is Lois Lane one annoying character. both the cinematic version and this version. like, b!tch stay the fck out of the way!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 02:00 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah the DCAMU is actually turning out to be a pretty decent shared universe.

Best weve had from animation for a while least.

I like how they're not afraid to animate the wacky stories too. Like Justice League: Gods and Monsters. Which has a Superman that was raised by mexican immigrants whose real father is Zod, a Wonder Woman that is a new god, and a version of Batman that is a vampire lol. And all 3 of them are more than willing to brutally murder criminals.

Superman vs The Elite was great too.

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 03:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Those 2 are not part of the current shared universe. But yeah nice how they can do both. Establish a decent shared Universe whilst also giving us else world stories.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 08:05 PM
quanchi112
Makes no difrnce who u r

Animated films donít even compete with the live action films financially so itís a bad investment to not prioritize the live action ones. People can still love these animated films but imo they donít compare to the live action ones at all.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 08:07 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

They are better then the live action ones as far as DC goes.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 10:31 PM
Robtard

The idea that they're not focusing on live action because of animated films is flawed, they're two separate studios. The budget for the animated films probably wouldn't pay for two days of shooting in the live action films.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 10:38 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by Surtur
Marvel has had some great shows. Both X-Men TAS and X-Men Evolution can be found on Hulu.

With that said...I still think DC created the best animated universe. I'm talking about the DCAU. Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited. Technically that show with the robot was also in the same universe.

Young Justice was another great series.

There is a new Justice League cartoon series out now...but I think it's way too kiddy for me. The DCAU shows were for all ages and could be enjoyed by anyone.

Marvel cancelled Earth's Mightiest Heroes and replaced it with the lame Avengers Assemble.

I know Terry and the beyond universe got a spin offcomic, but did DC ever do anything with the zeta project?,

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 10:54 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I'm going to watch this tonight since I'm at work.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 11:50 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I was underwhelmed. I didn't care for Doomsday look nor Clarks voice or anything about Lois. Oh well.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 09:52 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote