KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Death of Superman

The Death of Superman
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Awesome movie.

They should remake this movie live action scene for scene.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 12:44 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

thumb up

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 02:17 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Awesome movie.

But first they have to wipe out BvS from existence (and our minds).

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 05:09 AM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Just put the people that made this movie in charge of the Live Action Movies. Problem Solved.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 09:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Top Rated Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Awesome movie.

Justice League Unlimited also did a better Superman Vs Doomsday fight 10+ years ago compared to BvS.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 05:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I thought this animated show stunk, so I'm ok if they go a different direction than this.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 11:29 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Elemental

This didn't do anything for me. I hate the animation style ever since Bruce Timm stopped producing. It just looks like generic asain mass produced ass.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 02:40 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rick Deckard

Recently saw the new animated Death of Superman film on Blu-ray. This....was....incredible. Not only was this THE best adaptation of the original "Death of Superman" comic, but it was also one of the best DC animated films I've seen. Very gory & bloody, without being gratuitous. The theme of self-sacrifice for the good of the many was very pronounced in this film, as it was in the original comic.
In some ways this film actually improved on the original source material; the other DC characters that Doomsday fought & defeated were A-list DC superheroes (Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Batman, etc.) prior to finally battling Superman - instead of more obscure characters like Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, etc. - like in the comic. The storyline leading up to the battle was interesting as well, re: Clark telling Lois his secret identity right before having to leave to fight Doomsday, the astronauts in space, etc.

The battle between Superman & Doomsday was epic, vicious, and pulse pounding. Very intense, with windows/glass shattering, a lot of buildings being damaged, etc. Very well-done here.

I haven't read the comic in a while, but I don't remember Lex Luthor getting involved with the Doomsday battle at all, as he did in this film. However, it worked well here - i.e., the only reason he wanted to get involved was so he could take the credit for defeating Doomsday, not Superman. And, after Superman "died" he acted like he had a large part in the battle, when in point of fact Superman actually had to save him. What a scum-bag, i.e. using the death of Superman as an excuse to make himself the "hero".

The film clocked at roughly 1 hour, 20 minutes - and, didn't feel at all rushed. Before I saw this I felt it would have to be at least two hours to do the story justice, but actually the battle itself (leading up to Superman's "death") was only about 4 issues IIRC, so almost 1 1/2 hours seems about right.

I only have one extremely minor complaint: I would have preferred if the DC superhero uniforms had been the '90's versions, to be more in line with the original comic. However, this is a minor nitpick & didn't affect my enjoyment of the film at all.

Really looking forward to the forthcoming Reign of the Superman next year.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 02:24 AM
Rick Deckard is currently offline Click here to Send Rick Deckard a Private Message Find more posts by Rick Deckard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

I can't wait for the sequel.

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Oct 26th, 2018 09:39 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote