KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Jobber vs Martian Manjobber

Silver Jobber vs Martian Manjobber
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Silver Jobber vs Martian Manjobber

Who wins?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 11:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Surfer sets him on fire.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 12:02 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Martian Manjobber is a name you can actually google...

Surfer annihilates him.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 03:16 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Martian should win this without too much difficult.y

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 03:55 AM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RadZoa
Martian should win this without too much difficult.y

You're the worst DC zombie fanboy on this site.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 04:05 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^lol

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 05:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Close fight, though. Edge to SS.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 05:14 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Surfer can do everything Jonn can do plus more. He wins w/o too much trouble.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 09:29 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

That has never stopped him from jobbing.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 09:44 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Supermutant

Thats not really true, as MM has no energy manip to speak of. Of course SS is no telepathic shape shifter.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 09:47 AM
Supermutant

Originally posted by riv6672
Thats not really true, as MM has no energy manip to speak of. Of course SS is no telepathic shape shifter.

You need to quote me again because obviously you didn't read it.

quote:

I definitely did not state that Jonn can do everything Surfer can. So your very first point is wrong. Plus you should google Martian Vision which means Jonn does have some limited energy manipulation. But nowhere close to Surfer's energy manipulation.

Its laughable that you think Surfer doesn't have tp, and can't change his shape. I mean what I am about to show is nowhere near his limits its just basic for him.

Change his appearance and his friend's appearance with a thought.

http://i.imgur.com/oH4oqJJ.jpg

Surfer literally turns into snow.

http://i.imgur.com/QFpPQQk.jpg

Honestly you should feel really silly right now. But wait you mentioned telepathy. Oh my Surfer surely hasn't done things like:

Projected an illusion that tricked Galactus.

http://i.imgur.com/oEXFNch.jpg

Telepathically calms an entire planet.

http://i.imgur.com/uIGILkv.jpg

Brings world peace for a little while.

http://i.imgur.com/JpcUMIf.jpg

Frees himself from the goddess mind control and resists a mental blast from Moondragon with the mind gem.

http://i.imgur.com/RPTSdqV.jpg

So now you should feel real stupid.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 10:33 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Originally posted by abhilegend
That has never stopped him from jobbing.

Who said it did. They both job a lot with is the point of this thread.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 10:37 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

*Surfer has most abilities J'onn has, but most of them at a lower level.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 11:02 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
You need to quote me again because obviously you didn't read it.

My bad. thumb up

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 11:08 AM
AbelAnderson

Surfer.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 01:52 PM
AbelAnderson is currently offline Click here to Send AbelAnderson a Private Message Find more posts by AbelAnderson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

Neither are truly jobbers, though I suppose MM is more so than SS.

A true, in-comics jobber, is someone who consistently underperforms compared to the power levels and potential formidability he is credited with having *in the comics*. Think Crusher creel or the Rhino. It isn't about someone underperforming compared to what his power set should 'realistically' allow them to do. If that were the case, then the Flash might be one of the ultimate jobbers ever.

To be more precise, you also have to look at how a given writer rates a character's potential, and then look at the performance under that writer. While MM is often said to be Superman's equal, he often performs at that level under the writer who credits him as such. You can't call it jobbing when MM loses to someone under a writer who never credited MM with having the advantage in the first place.

That said, there are more than a few examples where MM is said to be on Superman's level and then proceeds, inexplicably, to underperform said level. I'd say that happens more with MM than with SS, who typically is presented as Thor/Gladiator level and typically performs at that level. I don't really consider Surfer to be a huge jobber or even a poor fighter as many claim. The issue is simply that in theory his power set should allow him to steamroller almost anyone, and he doesn't. But that says more about certain readers who don't understand how comics work than the character itself.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 02:03 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Originally posted by Philosophía
*Surfer has most abilities J'onn has, but most of them at a lower level.

What can MM do that you think Surfer can't? I disagree about the lower levels, MM may have more tp feats, but Surfer has the feats to defend against it. I don't see any advantage for MM anywhere else.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 05:24 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I disagree about the lower levels, MM may have more tp feats, but Surfer has the feats to defend against it.
Moving the goalpost?

You said Surfer can do "anything J'onn can". Not "Surfer can resist J'onn's telepathy" [which you'd be wrong about, too, but that's another talk].

Right here:
quote:
Surfer can do everything Jonn can do plus more.

Surfer cannot do, with his 'telepathic abilities', anywhere near what J'onn can.

I don't see any advantage for MM anywhere else.

You mean besides J'onn being stronger, faster and better shapeshifting [also lmao at you making it seem like that is a contest, because Surfer turned to snow]?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 05:40 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 05:35 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Originally posted by Philosophía
Moving the goalpost?

You said Surfer can do "anything J'onn can". Not "Surfer can resist J'onn's telepathy" [which you'd be wrong about, too, but that's another talk].

Right here:

Surfer cannot do, with his 'telepathic abilities', anywhere near what J'onn can.

You mean besides J'onn being stronger, faster and better shapeshifting [also lmao at you making it seem like that is a contest, because Surfer turned to snow]?

not shifting anything, Surfer has every single power that MM has. tp, tk, shape shifting, etc. plus more like creating a black hole.

I stated he can do everything like tp, not that he has every exact feat of MM. The same thing with shape-shifting lol that you think I meant Surfer will have the exact same shape-shifting feats as MM.

no character is going to have the exact same feats as another. that's ridiculous to think I meant that.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 07:04 PM
NemeBro

If he doesn't have those feats to show similar or greater potency in J'onn's powers, why do you disagree with the assertion that Surfer has most of J'onn's abilities at a lower level?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 07:16 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote