KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Jobber vs Martian Manjobber

Silver Jobber vs Martian Manjobber
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Supermutant
not shifting anything, Surfer has every single power that MM has. tp, tk, shape shifting, etc. plus more like creating a black hole.
Why the f*ck don't you admit that you were wrong, and are now trying to move the goalpost? Other posters are calling you out on it now.

This, from you:
quote:
Surfer can do everything Jonn can do plus more.

is not true. Plain and simple.

I stated he can do everything like tp, not that he has every exact feat of MM. The same thing with shape-shifting lol that you think I meant Surfer will have the exact same shape-shifting feats as MM.

no character is going to have the exact same feats as another. that's ridiculous to think I meant that.
You literally said that you disagree with Surfer having them at a lower level:
I disagree about the lower levels

Unless you are implying that Surfer has greater TP and shapeshifting than J'onn, you simply said something that was wrong.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 07:29 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

dunno why MM has such a low rep on this site

if we compare feats, they are on the same level, with surfer has couple outliers higher, and the advantages of having more high end feats by simply having more feats in general. the only reason is because dc reboot and create different version of same character. surfer just has more appearances than each version of MM

if you group all of MM feats together since pre crisis, no way does surfer look more impressive. but that's not the rule so it's neither here or there

also dunno why people bring up SS creating blackhole, that was brought by energy discharge and even if he does use it in battle, jonn survived the pull of black hole before

still, SS 7/10 here

Last edited by MrMind on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 07:39 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 07:36 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by MrMind
dunno why MM has such a low rep on this site

On the whole Internet, not just this site, friendo stick out tongue

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 07:47 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Originally posted by NemeBro
If he doesn't have those feats to show similar or greater potency in J'onn's powers, why do you disagree with the assertion that Surfer has most of J'onn's abilities at a lower level?

I'm waiting on a super power that MM has that Surfer doesn't. And all Surfer need is to create a match. lol And Phil can have all the fun he can handle creating fictional goal posts and straw man arguments. All that is something that I'm neither emotional about nor interested in. Surfer does have feats, both of these characters are jobbers, and I've spent way more time in this thread than I thought I would.

lmao @ Stilt

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2018 09:11 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nortonek

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
On the whole Internet, not just this site, friendo stick out tongue

It is an extremely targeted research. You could do the same for Superman or Hulk.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 12:58 AM
nortonek is currently offline Click here to Send nortonek a Private Message Find more posts by nortonek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by nortonek
It is an extremely targeted research. You could do the same for Superman or Hulk.

Not really - they don't have their own jobber names laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 01:38 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Silver Surfer vs Martian Manhunter would be a great battle zone.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 02:08 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

I can see MM usin his TP to amp SS jobbing abilities.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 10:48 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

The limits of Surfer's versatility are another manifestation of comic conventions, and can't really be delineated using 'in comics' explanations.

In theory, there is virtually no limit to the KINDS of things Surfer can do: his limits are quantitative, not qualitative. In practice, however, there are many things Surfer cannot do.

As to the quantitative limits, Surfer on the whole seems to have a level of raw power roughly equivalent to elite top tiers like Gladiator, Thor, and Blue Marvel. In theory, any manifestation of his powers would be roughly at that level, though a lack of skill or experience at some power manifestations such as TP or shape-shifting might still limit him.

MM also seems to be at that level of elite top tiers, by and large, when it comes to raw power. So I'd say that Surfer probably has, again in theory, about the same TP or shapeshifting or phasing capacities as MM, though again, skill would be an issue. But this is, IMO, moot, as Surfer almost certainly isn't going to be using MM's full bag of tricks in any fight.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 11:01 AM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by Pillow Biter
So I'd say that Surfer probably has, again in theory, about the same TP or shapeshifting or phasing capacities as MM.

what feat does surfer has to suggest any of this, especially tp?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 11:04 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Pillow Biter
I'd say that Surfer probably has, again in theory, about the same TP or shapeshifting or phasing capacities as MM
lol

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 12:35 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Martian Manjobber is a name you can actually google...

laughing

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 01:57 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Jobbing or not, Surfer annihilates Manhunter.

There's absolutely nothing MM can do that SS can't counter and return in kind.

Surfer's far faster, more powerful, more versatile, more intelligent and he can alter MM's dna.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 04:27 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Silver Surfer can also be green better than MM. Nuder too

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 04:31 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Janus lol, welcome back

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 04:31 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by janus77

Surfer's far faster, more powerful, more versatile, more intelligent and he can alter MM's dna.

Wwwwwooowwwww, long time no see. Good to have you back.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 04:39 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by janus77

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 04:41 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I wonder why people are saying MM is stronger than Surfer?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 04:42 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by carver9
Because they know both characters.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 04:44 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by carver9

Because he is.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 04:47 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote