KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Harvey Weinstein fighting back

Harvey Weinstein fighting back
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
If you can't see the difference between telling someone: "If you suck my dick, I'll help you move" and "If you help me with my gardening, I'll help you move", then that's on you.

Adding in a working relationship (as is the case with many of Wienstein's accusers), especially where one is in a higher position of authority only compounds that.

It's also works against women too, as you seem to be skirting the MRA line. It's sexual harassment when it's unwarranted.
Gardening and helping people move seems like an even trade off for blowjobs. Pretty fair honest trade to me.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 02:49 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Surtur
I will note "A lot of women accused him of it" is not sufficient proof IMO.

You wanna tell me that 87 women are all lying just to get a bit of money out of the guy, or because they're petty? That's just grasping at straws.

The NYPD has already noted a few times that they accumulated quite a bit of evidence that prove Harvey performed sexual misconduct and blackmail. Now most of the evidence isn't released to the public, and that's understandable.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 08:41 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by MythLord
You wanna tell me that 87 women are all lying just to get a bit of money out of the guy, or because they're petty? That's just grasping at straws.

The NYPD has already noted a few times that they accumulated quite a bit of evidence that prove Harvey performed sexual misconduct and blackmail. Now most of the evidence isn't released to the public, and that's understandable.

To illustrate his point, here is an example.

It wouldn't be all that hard to find a few hundred people on the internet that would be willing to accuse you of being a pedo, does that mean you're a pedo?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 08:58 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Silent Master

It wouldn't be all that hard to find a few hundred people on the internet that would be willing to accuse you of being a pedo, does that mean you're a pedo?

What? Da fuq is this based on, exactly? Also, that's a mighty fine false equivalent you got there.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 09:09 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

What? Da fuq is this based on, exactly? Also, that's a mighty fine false equivalent you got there.

What is what based on? and how exactly is it a "false equivalent "?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 09:42 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Your point about a hundred people calling me a pedo. Like, how did you get to that arbitrary conclusion?

And it's a false equivalent because getting a hundred random people -- many of whom likely don't even know me -- to make a claim on the internet isn't the same as dozens of women who've worked closely with Harvey and who Weinstein has continuelly tried to get to shut up over the years.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 11:35 AM
Silent Master

The point of the example was to illustrate surtur's point about the number of accusers not being proof in itself, but I guess the concept was just too complicated for you to understand.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 12:59 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wanna tell you that accusations aren't evidence.

And if the NYPD has noted they have accumulated a bunch of evidence I don't even see why you're trying to argue about the accusations. Since we shouldn't toss someone in jail for the rest of their life based on nothing but accusations.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 8th, 2018 at 01:04 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 01:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

LoL, did you actually think that was a good and comparable point? For real?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 04:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Considering that I was responding to someone that said they'd be ok with sending someone to jail based solely on the number of accusers, IE no proof or evidence needed.

Yes.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:21 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

You're comparing random people on the internet making accusations as being the same with the people whom have accused Weinstein, people he personally knew, where in the industry and worked with for the most part.

Your comparison is faulty, silly and rather stupid. No wonder MythLord mocked you.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Whether they know the person or not, accusations without proof should never be enough to send someone to jail.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:32 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Who has argued that Weinstein should be in prison without proof of crimes?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:48 PM
Silent Master

Surtur asked MythLord a hypothetical

Originally posted by Surtur
Let me ask you this: let us say you were on the jury for this. Would you truly be comfortable sending this man to prison for the rest of his life if the only evidence of rape was the number of accusers?

If a boatload of people are accusing someone of being a rapist and an assaulter, then chances are they aren't all just doing it for the money. So yes, I would be comfortable sending him away.

Coming to his house repeatedly doesn't neccessarily mean they wanted to. Harvey was very much their boss, and someone who could end their careers at the time if so he wished. He could've, and likely did, manipulate/blackmail them into that situation.

While I believe Harvey is guilty; unlike MythLord, I think proof should be required before sending people to jail.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 06:39 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Surtur asked MythLord a hypothetical

While I believe Harvey is guilty; unlike MythLord, I think proof should be required before sending people to jail.

Bingo, evidence is needed.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 07:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Robtard
No wonder MythLord mocked you.

Didn't really mock him.

Also, I'd wager several people testifying against him would be considered pretty nice evidence, as well. It's not all an agenda about "them filthy whores wantin' money!".

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 06:43 AM
Silent Master

Didn't really mock him.

Also, I'd wager several people testifying against him would be considered pretty nice evidence, as well. It's not all an agenda about "them filthy whores wantin' money!".

The number of people testifying isn't evidence in itself, they have to actually provide information that can be proven.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 06:51 AM