KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman Vs Giganta and Cheetah

Superman Vs Giganta and Cheetah
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
@Spectnaz (cant quote you)..

What I am saying is, if we look at what happened "on panel", Cheetah can most def win.

Got it, and I can most def respect that opinion.

I think that’s the issue with debating comics/anime/similar characters. Their depictions are too often subjective, and with enough research one can always find a scene from the past proving a point (or if none exists, just give it time and some writer in the future will either nerf a character to nothing, or break the character and make it unstoppable).

On the thread - I’ve seen Kal be defeated by Batman, by Cheetah, Aquaman knocked him across the room, Poison Ivy made him her love slave, etc etc.

In the same manner that I’ve seen the Hulk get bothered by Wolverine, and even get jobbed by a certain Steve Rogers with his quaint shield. In comics all is possible - even the mighty Thanos getting handcuffed ...

Which is why I usually rely on what KMC once was - non jobbing, no holds barred (this time autocorrect didn’t mess up the spelling), no PIS and no CIS; with the characters starting off from a short distance away, and with the characters having basic knowledge of each other.

With such stipulations - in the same way I know the entire police forces (with all the handcuffs ever made) couldn’t stand a chance against a no-holds barred Thanos, or Captain America with all the shields that were ever imagined would be a smeary paste on the ground against a no-holds barred Hulk, in the same way I do not think Giganta and Cheetah have a chance against a no-holds barred Superman.

Or put it another way - a mental crutch I normally use is to ask myself who I would rather be. Would I rather my twin and I control Cheetah and Giganta, and face off against a no-holds barred Superman ...or would I rather be Superman facing off against a no-holds barred Giganta and Cheetah ...?

The choice is as easy as asking me if I’d rather be Steve versus a maddened Hulk, or the Hulk versus a maddened Steve ...

...no matter what the comics say ...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 03:11 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

@Spectnaz (cant quote you)..

What I am saying is, if we look at what happened "on panel", Cheetah can most def win.

@Insane Titan, you're not worth my time. We know how our convo ends... you continue talking to yourself while i sit in the back laughing at your failed attempt at being a rage psycho. No more responses from me today bro. Enjoy.
“not worth my time” you’re a nobody who lies and cries his way out of every situation with excuse after excuse about you never been in the wrong. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but you’re nothing more than a bad parody of what you once was.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 05:14 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

This thread just got interesting

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 05:17 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Imperiex Probes are below Zod level (he took out 3 Probes solo).

So Grundy gained super speed because of the people he beat? You're hilarious. So you want me to dig deeper for lower speed showings on Superman? People with no speed tagging him? Come on Dark, we both know this isnt going to end well because Superman along with any other Herald have TERRIBLE speed showings.

So on AVERAGE Cheetah is human level speed wise. If you dont mind me asking, what is Superman average when it comes to combat speed?

Lol... in the fight between her and Superman, she blitzed him. You cant deny this. Stop trolling.

Lol no you are hilariously missing my point.

Let's look at ALL of Superman's showings. ALL. And let's get an average.

Assume he has 10,000 comic book showings. Sure, he has a few showings of him out racing light (let's give that a score of 100). He then has a few showings of low speed showings (let's give those a score of 1).

Overall, over all 10,000 showings of Superman, where do you think his AVERAGE is?

Now, let's look at Cheetah. Over all.....four? Three? Showings of here, she has one of Steve tagging her.

Of COURSE Superman has low shitty showings. Of course. He's in every JL comic, Action Comics, Superman/Batman, guest stars in Red Hood and the Outlaws etc etc. Out of all of them, he has a few low showings. NOBODY IS DENYING THIS.

Cheetah has like a handful of showings, and some of them are shit. Her average is way lower than Superman's, even when HIS shit showings are taken into account, because he has way more showings, lol. How can you not grasp this simple concept that your entire logic is based on?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 05:27 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Its interesting watching you debate certain characters. Thank you! thumb up

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 04:53 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Imperiex Probes are below Zod level (he took out 3 Probes solo).

So Grundy gained super speed because of the people he beat? You're hilarious. So you want me to dig deeper for lower speed showings on Superman? People with no speed tagging him? Come on Dark, we both know this isnt going to end well because Superman along with any other Herald have TERRIBLE speed showings.

So on AVERAGE Cheetah is human level speed wise. If you dont mind me asking, what is Superman average when it comes to combat speed?

Lol... in the fight between her and Superman, she blitzed him. You cant deny this. Stop trolling.

So since Superman beat that Zod in a fair fight (actually still unfair
for Superman given the context), and Zod beat multiple Imperiex Probes and one Probe tanked Wonder Woman with an axe(potentially with the Gauntlet of Ares) and Aquaman's simultaneous punch, what does that say about how much Supeman>Wonder Woman? Hell, her in armor nearly got killed by that detonation, and Superman tanked that shit.

I know you'll freak out and fall back on Zod breaking his jaw, but even if we pretend that's his only showing against Superman, getting your jaw broken by a flying blitz strike is certainly a better showing for Superman than Wonder Woman getting her wrist broken by Superman squeezing it(over her bracelet IIRC) is for Diana, so let's try not to go there. I want what your opinion is on how much Superman beating Zod, Zod beating 3 Probes and Wonder Woman doing so poorly against those Probes, puts Superman above her.

And if you're going to try to fall to other examples to divert attention from your inability to give an answer that doesn't bend yourself over, this isn't the only instance that puts him way above her I can cite.

But hey, a half powered Superman still was too fast for a heat vision dodging Batman, in the very same comic Batman dodged that heat vision, so I'd guess that's a bit better than whatever this Cheetah losing to Steve is.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 12:24 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

@Spetnaz...

Great post. I would look at it like that IF they did have fights ending with the same results. People like Wonder Woman and Cheetah just seem too fast for him to hit and when you factor in the huge magic advantage she have with her bite, she wins.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 12:43 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol no you are hilariously missing my point.

Let's look at ALL of Superman's showings. ALL. And let's get an average.

Assume he has 10,000 comic book showings. Sure, he has a few showings of him out racing light (let's give that a score of 100). He then has a few showings of low speed showings (let's give those a score of 1).

Overall, over all 10,000 showings of Superman, where do you think his AVERAGE is?

Now, let's look at Cheetah. Over all.....four? Three? Showings of here, she has one of Steve tagging her.

Of COURSE Superman has low shitty showings. Of course. He's in every JL comic, Action Comics, Superman/Batman, guest stars in Red Hood and the Outlaws etc etc. Out of all of them, he has a few low showings. NOBODY IS DENYING THIS.

Cheetah has like a handful of showings, and some of them are shit. Her average is way lower than Superman's, even when HIS shit showings are taken into account, because he has way more showings, lol. How can you not grasp this simple concept that your entire logic is based on?

I need you to focus. You're switching from combat showings, to flight. Superman combat showings is no where close to his flight speed. If it was, people like Grundy, Kalibak, Despero, Darkseid, Orion (do I honestly need to keep going?) Would not tag him. His AVERAGE combat speed isnt impressive Dark. It just isnt and this applies to all DC and Marvel flying bricks. He isnt winking out in his fights punching people at high speeds. Hell, even when he fights other kryptonians their fights are viewable by human eyes. And again, this is on average. Now back to what I was saying , when Cheetah and Superman FOUGHT, she blitzed him along with the league and transformed him. Now you can ignore on panel showings but as you already know, it will get used against you in the future. You've been doing this for yrs now. Debating powerset. You honestly need to give this up because there are people that just does not agree with this concept of debating.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Aug 8th, 2018 at 12:58 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 12:50 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Thats what i meant about it being interesting watching DS debate certain characters, because he often uses methods he himself refutes in other debates.
He’s smooth, though thumb up

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 12:56 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

I need you to focus. You're switching from combat showings, to flight. Superman combat showings is no where close to his flight speed. If it was, people like Grundy, Kalibak, Despero, Darkseid, Orion (do I honestly need to keep going?) Would not tag him. His AVERAGE combat speed isnt impressive Dark. It just isnt and this applies to all DC and Marvel flying bricks. He isnt winking out in his fights punching people at high speeds. Hell, even when he fights other kryptonians their fights are viewable by human eyes. And again, this is on average. Now back to what I was saying , when Cheetah and Superman FOUGHT, she blitzed him along with the league and transformed him. Now you can ignore on panel showings but as you already know, it will get used against you in the future. You've been doing this for yrs now. Debating powerset. You honestly need to give this up because there are people that just does not agree with this concept of debating.

Outside the issues with these, I love how you completely ignore what I asked.

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Thats what i meant about it being interesting watching DS debate certain characters, because he often uses methods he himself refutes in other debates.
He’s smooth, though thumb up

My guess is he's using Carter's own tactics against him. Carter always switches his stance/argument/methodology/ect, except he's just truly that terrible.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 01:11 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Delta gets it thumb up

Steve Trevor blitzed Cheetah. On panel. I am not ignoring this at all.

NOW CAN YOU FINALLY SEE WHAT MY PROBLEM IS WITH YOUR STYLE OF DEBATING?

@Riv: thanks, but you're not seeing what I'm doing here, which is using Carver's debating tactics.

He says we use combat feats. And only combat feats. My issue with that is, a lot of the time, the writers don't care about power levels, and will simply write a cool fight scene (I usually use Batman as an example, but here I use Steve Trevor as it directly uses Cheetah). We can also use Catwoman vs Flash, if needed.

So, if we only use combat feats, then Steve > Cheetah. If we then apply Carver's logic of 'averaging', then considering Cheetah only has like two or three appearances (others can correct me), her average is waaaaaay lower than her single high feat of blitzing Superman.

That's what I'm trying to portray.

Edit: does Superman have superspeed? Yes. Does he break it out in every comic fight? No. But this is a forum fight.

Rules:
quote:
Superman would go all out against Doomsday or Despero because he knows how powerful they are. Against the Hulk, he's going to take a few punches before realising he'll have to use something rather than slugging it out.

So here, he knows he's fighting Cheetah. Someone who he knows can affect him. Yeah, sure, he'll take it slow, guys.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Aug 8th, 2018 at 01:33 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 01:24 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Objectively, we already have DC saying who is faster:

(please log in to view the image)

This isn't flying, but with running. I.e. limbs moving.

So he has been tagged by Cheetah, someone slower than him.

Either it's A: PIS, where the writer wanted to show a cool fight with a werecheetahSuperman, or it's B: CIP, where Superman was holding back due to it being an unfamiliar threat.

CIS is always in play of course, but Superman isn't THAT stupid to go 'oh gee, better take it easy on Cheetah!'

I mean, if you or I were bitten by a rabid dog once and we could have done something about it, would we get bitten twice? I'm sure there's a saying about that....

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 01:51 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

That chart is nice and all, but not be all end all. Anyways by feats Supes is faster than Cheetah.

Btw I find it weird that Black Racer is listed here. I can't recall him using limbs for speed...

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Aug 8th, 2018 at 03:08 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 03:05 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Btw I find it weird that Black Racer is listed here. I can't recall him using limbs for speed...
Black Racer and Black Flash are the same person.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:06 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Only Carver will argue Cheetah is faster than Superman despite the fact DC already said Superman >>>>>>>>>>cheetah

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:37 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Wasn't this New 52 Superman, so half of current? I'm sure Carter's response will have some change in stance, assuming he doesn't ignore it like Superman>Zod>>>Imperiex Probes>>>>Wonder Woman.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 06:02 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

@phildo

This dude?

Thought it's another aspect of death like this dude...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 06:31 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Delta1938
My guess is he's using Carter's own tactics against him. Carter always switches his stance/argument/methodology/ect, except he's just truly that terrible.

Well that explains -this- thread, yeah.
Abd, i did say DS was smooth...wink

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 06:35 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
@phildo

This dude?

Thought it's another aspect of death like this dude...
They're the same dude. That's why in Flash: Rebirth, Wally says they used Black Flash to as a weapon against Darkseid [but he was wearing the skis then]:

What he's referring to:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0c/0...f9ab2f35d46.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...0-h688/DETH.jpg

In fact, in Final Crisis, Wally [under Grant Morrison, who created Black Flash himself] explicitly says that he outran Black Racer (who he knew as Black Flash):
http://www.4thletter.net/wp-content.../06/flash06.jpg

It's different names for the same character. Which is why he is on the 'running' list.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Aug 8th, 2018 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 06:47 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I vaguely remember that and probably dismissed it. I think because it seemed such an incomplete explanation. And now looking at it again it's still a bit off. Maybe Morrison was purposely conflating death and its aspects??

Also I'm not sure whether to count Barry racing with the Black Racer entity during DS War as Black Racer running on foot. Was that an internal struggle or was that an actual physical foot race? If it was an actual race then Black Racer for sure has the goods.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 09:56 PM