KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman Vs Giganta and Cheetah

Superman Vs Giganta and Cheetah
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gunchar

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Only Carver will argue Cheetah is faster than Superman despite the fact DC already said Superman >>>>>>>>>>cheetah

Originally posted by Delta1938
Wasn't this New 52 Superman, so half of current? I'm sure Carter's response will have some change in stance, assuming he doesn't ignore it like Superman>Zod>>>Imperiex Probes>>>>Wonder Woman.

I was just asking myself why i did stay away from KMC, now i know it again. This forum can reach Youtube comments lvl quality in some threads, although even there have i rarely seen such shameless lowballing.

On topic: Cheetah would be a problem but is one of the opponents Supes would not just go Yolo it's jobbing time against and Giganta is nigh useless, give Cheetah a better partner and this could get interessting but as of now takes Supes it comfortably.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 10:19 AM
gunchar is currently offline Click here to Send gunchar a Private Message Find more posts by gunchar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

‘take Supes it’ confused me, but i get it now. embarrasment

Personally i thought/think its a good fight, no matter what Steve Trevor did.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 10:37 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Objectively, we already have DC saying who is faster:

(please log in to view the image)

This isn't flying, but with running. I.e. limbs moving.

So he has been tagged by Cheetah, someone slower than him.

Either it's A: PIS, where the writer wanted to show a cool fight with a werecheetahSuperman, or it's B: CIP, where Superman was holding back due to it being an unfamiliar threat.

CIS is always in play of course, but Superman isn't THAT stupid to go 'oh gee, better take it easy on Cheetah!'

I mean, if you or I were bitten by a rabid dog once and we could have done something about it, would we get bitten twice? I'm sure there's a saying about that....

Bump smile

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 09:46 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I dunno, DS. Supermsn -is- pretty stupid.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 12:30 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Team.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 12:53 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Bump smile

We dont ignore on panel showings.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 12:54 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by carver9
thumb up

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 12:56 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Very true.

So per your argument, Spiderman is Rhino level?

Cheetah have human level speeds.
Superman have Batman level speeds (or Lady Shiva, your choice).
Surfer have Rhino level speeds.

Are you good with this? You're either a hypocrite or you are accepting things on all ends. Let me know.

On panel, this has all happened smile

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Aug 14th, 2018 at 01:01 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 12:58 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^you sir, are a master baiter.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 01:05 PM
carver9

Very true.

So per your argument, Spiderman is Rhino level?

On panel, this has all happened smile

I'm going to say this again, we dont ignore on panel showings. If Superman beats Diana and someone posts scans showing Superman curbing Diana, I have no choice but to accept it. I'm not going to say it isnt legit because Diana can make a sandwich at Super speed faster than Superman can. ON PANEL, Cheetah have already beaten Superman and easily.

Who would you give the majority too, Superman or HP Doomsday?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 01:06 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

My point is this.

Writers ignore power levels when writing fights, because they want to make things look good.

It's why Mjolnir gets destroyed by the Sun. Why Mangog is unstoppable by the entirety of Asgard and all of it's weaponry, but will die in the Sun. Why Batman is relevant in the JL. And why Cheetah is a threat.

It's why despite DC coming out and saying Cheetah is slower than both Flash and Superman, still tags them.

Either this is A: PIS, where Cheetah is written to be a threat like Batman is written to be a threat, or B: it's CIS/CIP, and the heroes were holding back

A is disregarded in a forum fight. B can be argued, if you want to say Superman is genuinely that dumb to make the same mistake twice....I personally don't see it.

To simply cling to the fights as a sole guide to how this forum fight goes, is mistaken. Because we all have seen various characters written up and down to make fights look sexy and good.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 01:18 PM
carver9

My point is this.

Writers ignore power levels when writing fights, because they want to make things look good.

It's why Mjolnir gets destroyed by the Sun. Why Mangog is unstoppable by the entirety of Asgard and all of it's weaponry, but will die in the Sun. Why Batman is relevant in the JL. And why Cheetah is a threat.

It's why despite DC coming out and saying Cheetah is slower than both Flash and Superman, still tags them.

Either this is A: PIS, where Cheetah is written to be a threat like Batman is written to be a threat, or B: it's CIS/CIP, and the heroes were holding back

A is disregarded in a forum fight. B can be argued, if you want to say Superman is genuinely that dumb to make the same mistake twice....I personally don't see it.

To simply cling to the fights as a sole guide to how this forum fight goes, is mistaken. Because we all have seen various characters written up and down to make fights look sexy and good.

To some degree, your statement is right and that is IF we didnt know Cheetah can take on almost Superman level beings. She have the showings helping her case here and Trevor doesnt change that.

It's like dismissing Superman or Darkseid showing against Doomsday because they have better strength fts, durability fts, power fts, etc... than Doomsday. The reason we know Doomsday can break Superman IS based off of his combat showings, not because he can bench a sun, hell, a planet. This little thing you are doing should apply to all characters and if it does apply, beings like LT would get walked through by Galactus. It's good to look at space cheese fts but if we have showings where the two opponents already fought, this can not be ignored.

Thor has damaged Celestials, punched through Galactus head, took on an angry Odin and sid fine. Fought a Celestial again. Punched a hole clean through Chaos King... the list is freaking long. How many Imperiex Probes can Thor beat? Hell, based off these showings, he should be able to curb Imperiex himself, right Dark? This is IF we use nothing but space cheese.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 02:27 PM
DarkSaint85

Here's the problem.

I never said we rely solely on space cheese. I said we take BOTH into account.

The other problem we have is that N52 Cheetah has very few appearances. Yes, she has the JL blitzing feat and maybe one other WW feat. She also has the Steve Trevor feat.

Now, I am NOT saying she's human level, lol. All I am saying is, her average (which is what you usually use) is somewhere in between her showings with Steve, and Superman. Most likely much closer to Supes than Steve, obv. Much much closer. But the Steve showing really drags her down, PRECISELY because she has so few showings.

So we can't just rely on that one showing with Superman. Especially once we consider how writers like to write sexy fights.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 02:40 PM
carver9

Here's the problem.

I never said we rely solely on space cheese. I said we take BOTH into account.

The other problem we have is that N52 Cheetah has very few appearances. Yes, she has the JL blitzing feat and maybe one other WW feat. She also has the Steve Trevor feat.

Now, I am NOT saying she's human level, lol. All I am saying is, her average (which is what you usually use) is somewhere in between her showings with Steve, and Superman. Most likely much closer to Supes than Steve, obv. Much much closer. But the Steve showing really drags her down, PRECISELY because she has so few showings.

So we can't just rely on that one showing with Superman. Especially once we consider how writers like to write sexy fights.

You relied on one showing here for a reason on why Mera beats Storm...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=2

She beat the JLA and stopped a speed blitzing Flash. laughing

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 02:44 PM
DarkSaint85

Yeah.... because one showing is all she has. Cheetah has like three, one of which is a low showing, lol. So we have a better picture.....

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 02:49 PM
carver9

Yeah.... because one showing is all she has. Cheetah has like three, one of which is a low showing, lol. So we have a better picture.....

One showing wasnt all she had though and again, like you said, we should consider cheese fts which means that Mera reacting to Flash happened because the writer dont think about power levels, right Dark? Or taking on the JLA. With that said, Dark, from the looks of it, seems like you are a picking and choosing expert.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 02:58 PM
DarkSaint85

One showing wasnt all she had though and again, like you said, we should consider cheese fts which means that Mera reacting to Flash happened because the writer dont think about power levels, right Dark? Or taking on the JLA. With that said, Dark, from the looks of it, seems like you are a picking and choosing expert.

FFS, lol.

That thread was a year ago. When Mera was first reintroduced into rebirth. What other showings did she have?

And then, what showings does she or did she have where her draining ability was shown to be slow?

I'M NOT PICKING AND CHOOSING, lol. You're the one, by ignoring poor Steve.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 03:10 PM
riv6672

Poor Steve? Thats low, DS...laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 09:26 PM
DarkSaint85

Bump

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 08:24 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Bump smile

It reads like a comicvine list or something.

It might make sense if we were using traditional, capped at light speed, Flash family I guess.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 10:54 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote