KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Supergirl

Supergirl
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Except all Superman’s “multiple chambers” were Snyder films.

Give someone else a chance is what I’m saying.

Like Batman he’s an iconic character that is 1 good movie away from being rekindled on the big screen.
Snyder didn’t direct Superman Returns. Snyder also didn’t complete the justice league. You may want another Superman film but the general public doesn’t care anymore. Let Cavill rot with his A list pay seeking ass. He’s not an A list actor.

Batman has had his chances as well but he makes more money than Superman so he’ll be getting a film faster as he deserves even though I personally find the character to be boring and bland.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 12:37 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Superman wasnt even in Justice League much. So youre being ridiculous. Either blame that on Batman and Wonder Woman or start making some sense. Heck BvS was more than 50% Batman, and also featured Wonder Woman.

Superman Returns? Lol. Youre talking about the guy who continuously trashed Marvels most popular comic line.

There actually was excitement for Superman after MOS. But it was a polarising film.

Again, if they actually get a good director, like a Mathew Vaughn who brought excitement back to X-Men after it was going off the rails, and give us just 1 good/great film, thats all it will take.

Cavill is a fantastic actor. >>>> Gal Gadot that’s for sure.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 12:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Except all Superman’s “multiple chambers” were Snyder films.

Give someone else a chance is what I’m saying.

Like Batman he’s an iconic character that is 1 good movie away from being rekindled on the big screen.

well first Affleck and WB need to stop waffling and say one way or the other if he is in or out.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 05:34 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Superman wasnt even in Justice League much. So youre being ridiculous. Either blame that on Batman and Wonder Woman or start making some sense. Heck BvS was more than 50% Batman, and also featured Wonder Woman.

Superman Returns? Lol. Youre talking about the guy who continuously trashed Marvels most popular comic line.

There actually was excitement for Superman after MOS. But it was a polarising film.

Again, if they actually get a good director, like a Mathew Vaughn who brought excitement back to X-Men after it was going off the rails, and give us just 1 good/great film, thats all it will take.

Cavill is a fantastic actor. >>>> Gal Gadot that’s for sure.
He was in Justice league so who the **** cares. The film was decent at best. He was in Batman v. Superman a lot. That’s three films despite your insistence on more Superman. Cry me a river I don’t give a **** about Superman. He isn’t a huge draw. Lots of other dc characters to focus on not just this turd.

Blame Cavill for wanting A list money. Gal gadot has been better in her role than bland Cavill. **** Cavill that greedy turd.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 03:08 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

You havent addressed even one of my points and you are just raving like a lunatic at this point.

The DCEU has been a failure, but they cant completely reboot due to the success of Wonder Woman. Thats why they are introducing all these new characters in an attempt towards a soft reboot, without giving up their number one box office hit.

Cavill and Superman are no more to blame than Affleck and Batman are. Both are far better actors than Gadot, both suits their characters much better as well. Unfortunately neither of them has been given great material or a great director like Gal and Wonder Woman have.

That said, the DCEU was looking far better after MOS than it does now. And I dont see anyone portraying Superman better than Cavill.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 08:31 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You havent addressed even one of my points and you are just raving like a lunatic at this point.

The DCEU has been a failure, but they cant completely reboot due to the success of Wonder Woman. Thats why they are introducing all these new characters in an attempt towards a soft reboot, without giving up their number one box office hit.

Cavill and Superman are no more to blame than Affleck and Batman are. Both are far better actors than Gadot, both suits their characters much better as well. Unfortunately neither of them has been given great material or a great director like Gal and Wonder Woman have.

That said, the DCEU was looking far better after MOS than it does now. And I dont see anyone portraying Superman better than Cavill.
Nothing you said is anything outside of your opinion. It’s all subjective and some really love Snyder. Fact is nothing even man of steel exceeded expectations at the box office with Superman in it. So he’s not guaranteed money and making a good film isn’t easy either.

What makes this worse is cavill’s ploy for a list money. If he would take less money I’m sure they would follow up with another Superman flick. So that partly falls on his shoulders demanding such a high price tag without the success of an a list actor. I prefer WW to any other dc superhero so again it’s a preference thing. You like Cavill’s Superman more. Who cares. I don’t. Wb is a business so I can see what there are doing and why. You’re free to cry and moan but just know part of this issue lies with Cavill’s greed. A list actor my ass.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 12:11 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Warner thinks that if they succeeded with WW, they can hope for the same or better success with f*cking Supergirl laughing out loud

This is gonna bomb so hard.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 01:16 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Chris Pine has also left Trek over money. So what?

Yeah some like Snyder. But overall Snyder has really screwed him up. Not really his fault. MOS was fine. But he was working above his pay grade when they gave him both BvS and JL. Hes no Gunn/Russos.

Cavill is however a great choice for Superman. And Im sure most Superman fans will agree to that.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 02:55 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Chris Pine has also left Trek over money. So what?

Yeah some like Snyder. But overall Snyder has really screwed him up. Not really his fault. MOS was fine. But he was working above his pay grade when they gave him both BvS and JL. Hes no Gunn/Russos.

Cavill is however a great choice for Superman. And Im sure most Superman fans will agree to that.
Great or not he isn’t an a list actor and his films haven’t been huge financial successes. So that’s why this hasn’t gone forward since he expects too much. I do not give one rats ass about Superman so I’d be lying to say I’m not enjoying the Superman fans misery.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 03:10 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Idk I like Cavill as Superman though its a weird time when making 600 + million for an intoduction movie is considered a financial success.

With that said I don't think should be attempting a Supergirl film right now. In addition to not having enough of Superman's mythos established on the big screen there is already the soapbox small screen version swaying opinions.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 04:31 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Warner thinks that if they succeeded with WW, they can hope for the same or better success with f*cking Supergirl laughing out loud

This is gonna bomb so hard.

blame golgo lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 06:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote