KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman (OWAW) Vs Thanos

Superman (OWAW) Vs Thanos
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Superman (OWAW) Vs Thanos

Battle on the moon.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 05:28 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

If this is 'Probe Buster' Superman, he wins decisively, without speed being a major factor.

If this is 'Sundipped' Superman, he destroys Thanos with ease, again without speed being a major factor.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 07:48 AM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos in all cases. He will KO Superman quickly.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 07:52 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
If this is 'Probe Buster' Superman, he wins decisively, without speed being a major factor.

If this is 'Sundipped' Superman, he destroys Thanos with ease, again without speed being a major factor.
you act like the probes probes are something special. Thanos would tear through the probes like the fodder they was.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 08:25 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

I'm happy to relitigate OWAW for funzies if you'd like, but let's all remember one thing to keep matters in perspective: whatever power level we credit OWAW Superman with, it doesn't necessarily bear any relation to Superman's average today or at any other time.

OWAW was a special arc at a time where the Superman writers and editors were more unanimously and consistently onboard with the idea that Superman had almost Hulk-like dynamic power and hidden reserves than at any other time. They made these mechanisms explicit, and methodically powered Superman up over the course of the arc, culminating in 'Probe Busting' Superman who is on par, if not superior, to Doomsday. Superman never again, in this arc, matches the power he showed when busting Probes, not even when fighting Darkseid later on in the arc.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 09:06 AM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbelAnderson

Thanos wins.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 09:28 AM
AbelAnderson is currently offline Click here to Send AbelAnderson a Private Message Find more posts by AbelAnderson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

I'm happy to relitigate OWAW for funzies if you'd like, but let's all remember one thing to keep matters in perspective: whatever power level we credit OWAW Superman with, it doesn't necessarily bear any relation to Superman's average today or at any other time.

OWAW was a special arc at a time where the Superman writers and editors were more unanimously and consistently onboard with the idea that Superman had almost Hulk-like dynamic power and hidden reserves than at any other time. They made these mechanisms explicit, and methodically powered Superman up over the course of the arc, culminating in 'Probe Busting' Superman who is on par, if not superior, to Doomsday. Superman never again, in this arc, matches the power he showed when busting Probes, not even when fighting Darkseid later on in the arc.
all that means nothing as again you’re acting like the probes were something special and Thanos would have trouble with them. The only time Thanos would struggle with the probes is if you use his low showings and igonore the context behind some of them

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 10:02 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

I am using neither low showings for Thanos or for Probes. I do believe that Thanos would beat one or two or maybe even three. I don't think he could shred them the way Superman and Doomsday did, and I believe that this Superman, and Doomsday, would be favored over Thanos--and today's Superman as well.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 10:16 AM
Insane Titan

I am using neither low showings for Thanos or for Probes. I do believe that Thanos would beat one or two or maybe even three. I don't think he could shred them the way Superman and Doomsday did, and I believe that this Superman, and Doomsday, would be favored over Thanos--and today's Superman as well.
Thanos physically dominated a full Pheonix powered Thane , the same Thane that had the power to over turn mistress Deaths curse on Thanos. Death herself was scared of that Thane.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 10:43 AM
Pillow Biter

Maybe to put this in perspective, let's use classic Hercules (Marvel) as a measure. How many Hercules clones at a time do you think a typical Thanos could beat at a time?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 10:48 AM
Insane Titan

Maybe to put this in perspective, let's use classic Hercules (Marvel) as a measure. How many Hercules clones at a time do you think a typical Thanos could beat at a time?
easily into double figures using his physical strength and EP. You seem to forget Superman and DD were side by side going through probes for a period of time.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 10:55 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Superman wins. Easily.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 11:20 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

Originally posted by Insane Titan
easily into double figures using his physical strength and EP. You seem to forget Superman and DD were side by side going through probes for a period of time.

Cool. I was trying to see whether our disagreement was primarily about how weak Probes were (and thus how powerful Superman/Doomsday were); or how powerful Thanos is.

It's probably a bit of both, but it seems to mostly be on the Thanos side. If I assumed a Thanos that could ***** slap say 15 Hercules clones coming at him at the same time, then I might agree with you about how he'd do against Probes.

But I don't think I believe Thanos is typically that powerful. I'd like to hear if others feel Thanos could beat say 15 Hercules clones. Maybe I'll make a thread.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 11:29 AM
Insane Titan

Cool. I was trying to see whether our disagreement was primarily about how weak Probes were (and thus how powerful Superman/Doomsday were); or how powerful Thanos is.

It's probably a bit of both, but it seems to mostly be on the Thanos side. If I assumed a Thanos that could ***** slap say 15 Hercules clones coming at him at the same time, then I might agree with you about how he'd do against Probes.

But I don't think I believe Thanos is typically that powerful. I'd like to hear if others feel Thanos could beat say 15 Hercules clones. Maybe I'll make a thread.
He beats them by blasting and punching them. If you think Hercules lvl guys are a threat to Thanos you’re more of a DC fanboy that I though. Stacking fodder doesn’t work.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 11:33 AM
h1a8

In order to prove that Thanos can shred the probes as easily as Superman did then you have to prove

1. Thanos power output is more than 5x a normal Superman’s strength and HV output.

2. Thanos power output matches or exceeds Superman’s maximum strength and HV power output.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 01:00 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Just one probe hospitalized J'onn, Kyle and Diana, another defeated Zod, Bizarro and Ignition, another defeated 100,000 daxamites, another stalemated Mordru and LOSH, another destroyed destroyed Kalanor (Despero homeworld), another destroyed Warworld in seconds when entire Earth heroes couldn't even scratch it, another stalemated three Earth angels at the same time etc.

Even Thanos does not have those kind of feats on his resume.

Last edited by abhilegend on Aug 7th, 2018 at 01:09 PM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 01:07 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Probably Superman

Sundip superman would win for sure

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 01:36 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by h1a8
In order to prove that Thanos can shred the probes as easily as Superman did then you have to prove

1. Thanos power output is more than 5x a normal Superman’s strength and HV output.

2. Thanos power output matches or exceeds Superman’s maximum strength and HV power output.
You’re calculations mean nothing. Plus you’re a idiot troll.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 02:06 PM
carver9

Thanos wins.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 03:15 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Superman stomps.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 03:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote