KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Traya vs Meetra Surik

Darth Traya vs Meetra Surik
Started by: Total Warrior

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Darth Traya vs Meetra Surik

Who wins?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Either way.

Meetra won their first fight, obviously, but Traya IS stated to be more powerful.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 07:59 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I would say traya by a long shot

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 04:53 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

quote: (post)
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
I would say traya by a long shot
Despite the fact when they fought, Meetra was the winner?

If Traya was that much stronger than Meetra, she would have won.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 06:15 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

well, she is stated more powerful by fact, also taught surik all she knew.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 10:30 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Traya didn't teach the Exile everything. Besides, the only logical explanation of a variety of quotes places Peak Exile above Traya. Logically speaking, the power the Exile absorbed upon Traya's death pushed her above Traya in raw power.

In other words, Malachor Exile takes this handily. Karpyshyn's Surik (post wound) loses badly.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Agreed, thank you.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 02:31 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

The Exile doesn't feed on death so killing Traya wouldn't push her over any edge whatsoever. That was an assumption made by the Council that was completely disproven when Nihilus tried to feed on her. The reason Nihilus failed was because the Exile was the "polar opposite of him." Ergo, if the Exile was in fact the exact same as him, it wouldn't work.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 06:20 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
The Exile doesn't feed on death so killing Traya wouldn't push her over any edge whatsoever. That was an assumption made by the Council that was completely disproven when Nihilus tried to feed on her. The reason Nihilus failed was because the Exile was the "polar opposite of him." Ergo, if the Exile was in fact the exact same as him, it wouldn't work.

Except in the Dark Side path she realises she is feeding on death and chooses to exploit that fact. Just because she’s not doing it consciously in the Light Side path (and hunting targets to be more efficient) doesn’t mean she’s not doing it.

Granted, she also draws on the strength of living beings, but the fact she also feeds on death doesn’t really change. For the record, Nihilus fails to drain her when she becomes a mini Nihilus herself in the Dark Side path, so that logic doesn’t really compute.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

it does not.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 10:18 PM
TheIndyJedi

Meetra

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 10:21 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

and why is that indy?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 10:29 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Is there a worse "main" character in all of Star Wars than the random collection of matter and particles that is f**king Meetra Surik?

Who even cares, really.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 12:57 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote:
Except in the Dark Side path she realises she is feeding on death and chooses to exploit that fact. Just because she’s not doing it consciously in the Light Side path (and hunting targets to be more efficient) doesn’t mean she’s not doing it.

Really couldn't give a shit less about events that didn't happen. So while when Meetra is super bad and obsessed with power she can do these things, she didn't actually do these things when she faced Traya or Nihilus.

quote:
Granted, she also draws on the strength of living beings, but the fact she also feeds on death doesn’t really change. For the record, Nihilus fails to drain her when she becomes a mini Nihilus herself in the Dark Side path, so that logic doesn’t really compute.

It literally changes it completely and utterly, but to the latter point it's completely irrelevant. Meetra being super evil may have her feed on death but that isn't why she and Nihilis were opposites to begin with. They were opposites because he gave in utterly to the Force, and she separated herself utterly from the Force. This doesn't change regardless of events, which is why Meetra says, "Fool. I haven't lived with the Force for years."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 04:44 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

meetra is just ranked higher then surik. traya was so intelligent that she gave a perfect description of a ligtsaber form, surik already knew how to use most of it.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 02:39 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Really couldn't give a shit less about events that didn't happen. So while when Meetra is super bad and obsessed with power she can do these things, she didn't actually do these things when she faced Traya or Nihilus.

Super bad and obsessed with power? You make it seem as though her draining the masters was a conscious decision to steal their power. At first, it was not. Note what she asks Traya the first time she kills a master;

'What was that? I feel stronger ... what happened?'

To which Traya replies:

'Not all techniques in the force are learned through practice and training - this is something instinctual, born from experience. It is a way that they fill the hollow places where the force used to be.'

As for not giving a shit about 'events that didn't happen', nothing up to that point in the story has changed the mechanics of Meetra's wound in any way. The same thing would happen if she was Light Sided. Sure, the dialogue never does, but that's because The Exile never kills an individual as strong in the Force as Vrook, Kavar, Zez Kai El or Atris in the canon story.

quote:
It literally changes it completely and utterly, but to the latter point it's completely irrelevant. Meetra being super evil may have her feed on death but that isn't why she and Nihilis were opposites to begin with. They were opposites because he gave in utterly to the Force, and she separated herself utterly from the Force. This doesn't change regardless of events, which is why Meetra says, "Fool. I haven't lived with the Force for years."

A bold claim, care to source that? As far as any source I've seen goes, Meetra's wound is the same regardless of whether she herself aligns with the Light or Dark. I agree entirely that they're opposites because she isolates herself from the Force, doesn't chase power in the same way he does. That doesn't change the fact that while she is still a walking wound in the force, she draws power from everyone around her (like the Sith) and draws power from death (just like the Sith).

If you have sources that disagree, that show the Council were wrong, then I would like to hear them. Traya and a variety of other sources however agree with the council, that she instinctively feeds on death, and on her companions. While the Council see it as an inherently evil notion though, many others present it in a more nuanced light, a grey.

She distinctly doesn't become Nihilus because Kreia explains feeding off living beings is the pinnacle of the technique, when the hunger is fed so repeatedly and by increasingly more powerful targets. Passively feeding off her companions and those she is forced to kill is different, and uncontrollable for her. There is a reason she was attempting to heal her wound.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:36 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

she is by far a powerful sith lord, she could walk through the middle of the jedi council just like darth sidious

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 10:06 PM
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
and why is that indy?

Because she already beat her in KOTOR 2.
Simple

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 07:13 AM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

KotOR2 Exile edges her. A pre-Nathema Surik takes it with less difficulty.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 10:27 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Because she already beat her in KOTOR 2.
Simple
I can make a thread, you v me and we can work it out with evidence, you willing?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 03:06 PM