KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ludendorff vs Valkyrie

Ludendorff vs Valkyrie
Started by: HulkIsHulk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
@h1, here's your scene:
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...25686-59701.gif

That’s kind of weak. He bent the knife against the flat side mostly. Yes Thor can do that.

Breaking a steel gun in pieces >>>>>>>> breaking a knife >>>>>>bending a knife flat side.

Originally posted by Silent Master
Just like you haven't posted the scene where he destroys the gun, so it doesn't count either.

Sure, it survived being hit by a multi-ton engine blades moving at high speed. now it's your turn. prove that solid steel could survive that.

Check at 2:00. He breaks solid steel like it’s a fortune cookie. He can easily replicate bending IM wrist but with much greater effect.

The blades knocked him around a bit. He had some visible damage.
The showing doesn’t prove his armor is more than twice as durable as solid steel though.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 04:00 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Now it's your turn. prove that solid steel could survive that.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 04:17 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

@h1, please have your eyes checked. If you check the gif again, you'll see that the Asgardian bent the knife forward along its edge before he bent it against its flat. Stop being a troll.

A knife blade is a solid piece of high-carbon steel, whereas guns are 1. hollow 2. made of different materials, not all of which are steel and 3. the steel parts (mostly the barrel) are made of stainless steel, gun metal, mild steel, or some other alloy that are all weaker than the kind of steel tactical blades are usually made of. Basically, if you melted down the steel in a gun and made it into a knife, you'd end up with a crappy knife.

So if you want to claim that bending a gun is harder to do than bending a knife blade along its edge, please back this up with proof.

Last edited by FrothByte on Aug 16th, 2018 at 04:39 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 04:35 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

h1 overhyping his feats while massively downplaying everyone else's is SOP.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 04:47 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

@h1, please have your eyes checked. If you check the gif again, you'll see that the Asgardian bent the knife forward along its edge before he bent it against its flat. Stop being a troll.

A knife blade is a solid piece of high-carbon steel, whereas guns are 1. hollow 2. made of different materials, not all of which are steel and 3. the steel parts (mostly the barrel) are made of stainless steel, gun metal, mild steel, or some other alloy that are all weaker than the kind of steel tactical blades are usually made of. Basically, if you melted down the steel in a gun and made it into a knife, you'd end up with a crappy knife.

So if you want to claim that bending a gun is harder to do than bending a knife blade along its edge, please back this up with proof.

No he didn’t. It was bent along the flat.
A gun is thicker, especially the barrel. And He broke it casually like a fortune cookie. It’s multiple times easier bending a knife than a barrel of a handgun. That’s just plain common sense. No science needed.
Crumpling it takes even astronomical more force.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 07:38 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Now it's your turn. prove that solid steel could survive that.

Those propellers just knocked IM around a little. We can’t see exactly what was done to IM other than him bouncing around. Plus they are not harder than steel.

To quantify the feat we have to be sure exactly what happened.

But my argument isn’t that the handgun is more durable. It’s something else entirely.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 07:42 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

^ Yeah, now you're just flat out lying. You can clearly see he bent the knife along its edge first. So that's how it is now eh H1? You're just going to lie in every single one of these threads?

I also see that you know nothing about metal compositions and the different kinds of steel. No surprise there.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 07:42 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
Those propellers just knocked IM around a little. We can’t see exactly what was done to IM other than him bouncing around. Plus they are not harder than steel.

To quantify the feat we have to be sure exactly what happened.

But my argument isn’t that the handgun is more durable. It’s something else entirely.

Prove it.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 07:47 PM
h1a8

^ Yeah, now you're just flat out lying. You can clearly see he bent the knife along its edge first. So that's how it is now eh H1? You're just going to lie in every single one of these threads?

I also see that you know nothing about metal compositions and the different kinds of steel. No surprise there.

The composition only plays a small part. The big part is the shape and how much damage was done. We clearly see the guy bending the knife against its flat edge. If you insist on him initially bending it at the edge then how much did it bend at the edge?

The barrel of a gun is several times thicker than that knife. And you are still ignoring the fact that he crumpled it like a fortune cookie.

Edit: I’m sorry but that’s a shitty feat. I’m not going to argue about it anymore. It’s pure shitty. Look at it again

Last edited by h1a8 on Aug 16th, 2018 at 07:50 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 07:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

In IM1, Tony got hit by an M1A1 Abrams tank shell and sustained no serious injury/damage to the suit or himself. So trying to lowball how durable the suit is silly and retarded. As is trying to lowball Thor's physical strength and he only started to crush the suit with effort, despite his massive levels of physical strength.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 08:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

The composition only plays a small part. The big part is the shape and how much damage was done. We clearly see the guy bending the knife against its flat edge. If you insist on him initially bending it at the edge then how much did it bend at the edge?

The barrel of a gun is several times thicker than that knife. And you are still ignoring the fact that he crumpled it like a fortune cookie.

Edit: I’m sorry but that’s a shitty feat. I’m not going to argue about it anymore. It’s pure shitty. Look at it again

Lol. That tactical knife was abou 1-2 inches wide. There's no way the pistol that Luddendorf crumpled had a 1 inch thick barrel. Again, you're flat out lying or being a troll. There's no other explanation.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 09:24 PM
h1a8

IM from the first movie >>>>>>>> All other movies in durability. Plus IM had bullet holes. Plus shelll traveled a distance fighting gravity and wind resistance to get to IM. Plus that was his chest armor, not his wrist armor.

And again what’s with the trying to prove the armor is more durable than a steel gun? That’s not the point.

1. Its far more impressive to lift 1 ton very casually and throw it 100 ft away then it is to lift 2 tons 3 ft in the air while straining. This is an analogy for the two feats in question.

2. Doing something casually means that you have multiple times more strength than the feat requires. It doesnt take multiple times more force to SLIGHTLY bent IM wrist armor than to crumple a gun.

3. Doing far more damage takes way more force than doing less damage to a similar object. Im not saying the gun is more durable (its not far off if it isnt). I’m saying that doing significantly more damage to a less durable object can take more force than doing significantly less damage to a more durable object

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 10:55 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, no. His latest armor withstood a blast from the Power Stone, but even then you're making Thor's strength more impressive now. What you said trying to downplay a tank shelling from an M1A1 Abrams tank was ridiculous and I sincerely hope you're trying to troll again. Cos otherwise...

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 11:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, no. His latest armor withstood a blast from the Power Stone, but even then you're making Thor's strength more impressive now. What you said trying to downplay a tank shelling from an M1A1 Abrams tank was ridiculous and I sincerely hope you're trying to troll again. Cos otherwise...

So you basically ignored everything I said? How can we have a discussion if you do that?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 11:31 PM
Silent Master

Prove it.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 04:50 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

So you basically ignored everything I said? How can we have a discussion if you do that?

You ignore everything everyone else says.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 07:38 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by KingD19
You ignore everything everyone else says.

False. I address EVERYTHING they said when I respond to their post.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 05:14 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

False. I countered what you said and them smugly dismissed the nonsense parts

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 05:19 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

False. I address EVERYTHING they said when I respond to their post.

Yes, you address them with lies and made-up numbers. You never back yourself up with any proper proof or even proper logic.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 05:25 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by Robtard
False. I countered what you said and them smugly dismissed the nonsense parts

So it's all about durability? Effort and total damage doesn't play a role?
That would be nonsense to consider?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 05:36 PM