KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gilgamesh vs. Namor

Gilgamesh vs. Namor
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hero, his base form isn't. He was plagued with blindness, and then amnesia, and then confidence issues throughout his tenure during Avengers. I specifically remember a scene where everyone was pushed back by a force, that Thor was able to overpower, and Hero was serious sad about it or something.

Regardless, his raw strength is on par with Namor. With working eyes, in a slugfest, it would be a split, with Gilgamesh having better stamina, endurance (Eternal heritage), but Namor being a much tougher guy mentally, and winning because of that.

Gilgamesh, is the Celestial amped version. He'd beat Namor.

I think u got that mixed up. Hero or Forgotten one is amped version. Gilgamesh is base version.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Aug 9th, 2018 at 05:28 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 05:26 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I think u got that mixed up. Hero or Forgotten one is amped version. Gilgamesh is base version.

...here...
(please log in to view the image)

...and here?

Very confusing.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 05:50 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Who’s who? What name was he using here...

...here...

...and here?

Very confusing.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 05:52 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I specifically remember a scene where everyone was pushed back by a force, that Thor was able to overpower, and Hero was serious sad about it or something.

Avengers 302
Having said that, keep in mind it was revealed later (during the Lava Men invasion) that his lifeforce is tied to Olympia and the longer he is away from it the weaker he gets (even to the point of near death).
But even weakened he was completely unaffected by the magic heat the Lava Men Monster was emitting, even Thor was feeling it :

I changed my mind, Gilgamesh wins after a good fight. Strength is about even but Gil has better stamina and durability plus some exotic powers thrown into the mix.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 07:53 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Again?

He won with ease in the earlier thread, juggy boy. Here's a quick reminder:

Cry.
What's the matter with you now?

Did your mom forget to give you a goodnight kiss last night?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Last edited by juggernaut74 on Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:50 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 10:45 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by zopzop
Avengers 302
Having said that, keep in mind it was revealed later (during the Lava Men invasion) that his lifeforce is tied to Olympia and the longer he is away from it the weaker he gets (even to the point of near death).
But even weakened he was completely unaffected by the magic heat the Lava Men Monster was emitting, even Thor was feeling it :

I changed my mind, Gilgamesh wins after a good fight. Strength is about even but Gil has better stamina and durability plus some exotic powers thrown into the mix.

Being an Eternal, Gilgamesh has far more exotic properties than Namor, with their ability to manipulate molecules.

I was reading through the volume, and I forgot how often Gilgamesh flew. You are right, I think with full strength and no blindness, Gilgamesh might just win. It would be close though or a stalemate. Without the flight advantage, and Gilgamesh’s superior durability, it would be tough.

With the Celestial amp, Hero (Thanks for the correction @Damb), Namor definitely loses.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 02:48 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by leonidas
gilgamesh is too powerful all around for namor.

glad you all finally came to your senses. thumb up

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 02:52 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I’m still undecided.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 09:31 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Ugh, I've changed my mind again. I just saw some recent issues of Hercules and dear God, Gilgamesh is a joke. If we using current versions, Namor murders him.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 06:35 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Gil is currently a fat lazy bum.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 06:58 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Gil is currently a fat lazy bum.

He's actually still jacked but he's a complete joke. Even the "he's being lazy" excuse doesn't cut it. He rarely if ever flies or uses his beam attacks. Even his invulnerability is affected. A building was on fire via explosion and Hercules was just fine, Gilgamesh was in fear for his life and needed to be rescued from the fire.

WTF is going on?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:03 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by zopzop
Ugh, I've changed my mind again.

Me too. I’d picked a winner, but back to undecided.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 08:12 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by riv6672
Me too. I’d picked a winner, but back to undecided.

Have you seen current Gilgamensh? It's not pretty. I'm betting Classic Rogue could take him easily (no power absorption needed).

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 08:52 PM
namorsubby

Namor

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 11:32 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Gilgamesh should win since being the strongest of the earth eternals not including Hyperion of course. Gil is class 100+ and can amp his strength and can fight great amount of time without getting tired at all.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 08:30 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by the Darkone
Gilgamesh should win since being the strongest of the earth eternals not including Hyperion of course. Gil is class 100+ and can amp his strength and can fight great amount of time without getting tired at all.
That's why I think Gilgamesh wins. Namor's strength fluctuates ALOT while he isn't in contact with water.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 08:41 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Namor kicks his teeth in, and his Strength doesn't fluctuate unleas he is dehydrated

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 08:55 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Then his strength does indeed fluctuate.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 09:49 AM