KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Puck vs Warpath

Puck vs Warpath
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Puck vs Warpath

This should be a good fight. James has his daggers for the brawl, or he don't you decide.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 12:11 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

vibranium should cut puck just fine and his others stats are crazy over the top for this match up. not sure how puck even has a chance if blades are in. without, he's still likely cl80ish with uber speed and durability. unless i'm missing something recently with puck, i don't see how he's winning this even without the blades... /shrug

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 02:55 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
vibranium should cut puck just fine and his others stats are crazy over the top for this match up. not sure how puck even has a chance if blades are in. without, he's still likely cl80ish with uber speed and durability. unless i'm missing something recently with puck, i don't see how he's winning this even without the blades... /shrug

*insert warpath vs captain America scans*

But really yeah with the knives puck shouldn’t win. When did warpath get his stength back? He was downgraded pretty heavily the past few years

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 03:48 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

WP began getting back into it over the past several months in X-Factor. He's the team strongman, but he still needs to be consistently written up to those levels before many will see him in that light. They tried to make Warpath a Winter Soldier type of character while forgetting that he actually had super stats like flight nearly being indestructible, and strong enough to impress Cain with his strength. If the Cain fight is any indication of his strength, he's certainly above the Thing, but again he needs to operate at these levels consistently before anyone believes that he isn't just another street level character.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 04:50 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

WP ain't no class 80 lmao.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 06:21 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Why do vibranium knives cut any better than any other knives?

Srsly. I’ve asked this before, and no answers.

There was also a scan of WP stabbing WWH in the shoulders, saying Hulk’s arms were useless because his knives were vibranium. It looked more like he was in a nerve/muscle attack which would have worked w. any weapon durable enough to pierce Hulk.

Basically, whats the big deal about the knives? I see no reason they would be extra sharp.
If anything their advantage would be defensive, blocking and absorbing attacks.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 09:42 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by krisblaze
WP ain't no class 80 lmao.

no? sooo what is he then? some claim he's cl100, but i don't know that he's had enough consistent showings for that. /shrug

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 12:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I'd say his average supports cl 25 or so.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 12:28 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Yeah they just depowered him for some reason. Even removed his flight, but has done it again recently but often ignored so hard to say even if that’s back fully

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ 2CxyxSsH...HLaMRAv6e=s1600

In the handbooks (I know I know) they dropped him down to 4/7 in strength which is 800lbs - 25 tons

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 12:43 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

huh. i thought his more recent appearances indicated he was stronger than that.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 02:21 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Wasn't it implied that Colossus was the muscle of Astonishing over Warpath?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 02:35 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

huh. i thought his more recent appearances indicated he was stronger than that.

Which recent appearances? Can’t recall anything that put him close to his old strength days

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 02:39 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

All PIS / Bad Writing Aside:

WP Pimpslap FTW

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 03:44 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 03:59 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

warpath should win

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 04:09 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by carver9
Dont think a class 25 could do this...

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/...-Meganpg018.jpg

And these things were HUGE.

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/...anpg006-007.jpg

Hard to say. As some sentinels were super light using plastics instead of metal to prevent people like magneto controlling them.

When he hit that sentinel it’s head was already destroyed and was basically out of service. It was even having troubles stabilize as noted before he even hit it. So would appear wouldn’t have needed much to topple over

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 04:47 PM
Supermutant

Warpath recently flew fast enough to break the sound barrier, and showed great combat speed against the Winter Guard. I think Warpath written to his potential is just too much for Puck.

https://imgur.com/vHuEtgn
https://imgur.com/QRxmjgK

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 05:11 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

no? sooo what is he then? some claim he's cl100, but i don't know that he's had enough consistent showings for that. /shrug

At hist best, he had Teenage Colossus strength level, and even that's mostly lip service.

At his worst, he's a low meta with a strength of a few men.

He fluctuates a lot... during the same X-Force run, he struggled with a normal bear and just a dozen or so issues later, he was able to stop Demon Bear's jaw from crushing him.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 05:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Indeed. I think we can all agree high end version of warpath would win handily. His lower levels, Puck would win handily

But warpath’s average showings? I think that would be super close

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 07:11 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Well if we are going with WP's latest portrayal I'd give him the win. Warpath is on his way up I hope. Writers need to keep up.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 08:09 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote