KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Puck vs Warpath

Puck vs Warpath
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -K-M-
Why impossible? He has beaten iron man armoured foes in the past who were airborne. That was pre upgrade

Puck himself is invulnerable, nearly indestructible and doesn’t fatigue. Plus your making it seem like it would be easy to tag Puck. He has superhuman speed and agility class 2-10 strength, has over 100 years of experience and is one of the most skilled h2h fighters

Impossible if we aren't using the Warpath that Marvel turned into a scrub for a season. Depending on your age, I've possibly known these details about Puck for even longer than you. I actually used to buy Alpha Flight fresh out of the comic shops racks, so I know about how tough he actually is. That's in case you think that I've painted some picture of a Bane level threat when making statements about him. If as you said we were using Puck at his best while using Warpath at his worst, I would easily give Puck the win here, but if we are using the both of them at their best, and not forgetting that Warpath is also extremely durable with a pair of Vibranium blades, flight ability, and decent H2H skills, I would give Warpath the win by a large margin.

Overall I believe that we are somewhat in agreement here?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 12:00 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by darthgoober
LOSING TO CAP ISN"T A LOW FEAT FOR ANYONE YOU DIRTY COMMIES!

thumb up

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 12:04 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Stoic
Impossible if we aren't using the Warpath that Marvel turned into a scrub for a season. Depending on your age, I've possibly known these details about Puck for even longer than you. I actually used to buy Alpha Flight fresh out of the comic shops racks, so I know about how tough he actually is. That's in case you think that I've painted some picture of a Bane level threat when making statements about him. If as you said we were using Puck at his best while using Warpath at his worst, I would easily give Puck the win here, but if we are using the both of them at their best, and not forgetting that Warpath is also extremely durable with a pair of Vibranium blades, flight ability, and decent H2H skills, I would give Warpath the win by a large margin.

Overall I believe that we are somewhat in agreement here?

We don’t typically go just by high showings, we go by averages. As I said earlier.... “Indeed. I think we can all agree high end version of warpath would win handily. His lower levels, Puck would win handily

But warpath’s average showings? I think that would be super close”

Some of warparhs worst showing is his more current portrayals including the alligator scene. Hence the debate concerning averages. He hasn’t been portrayed at those juggernaut levels in decades

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 12:08 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by StyleTime
Warpath's recent Pak upgrades occurred after AvX. He's currently fairly beast mode.

He's fluctuated more than Psylocke I'd wager, which is a feat in and of itself.

ok, cool. so i wasn't too far off base when i said cl80, or i was?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 12:10 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by leonidas

I’ve read it and I personally don’t recall anything to put him at that level

Him flying again is a HUGE change as that’s been ignored for years and they even said he lost it

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 12:15 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

what? i don't care if you disagree, but what you said is simply factually inaccurate. it's extremely durable AND absorbs energy. it's also been said to harden as it absorbs energy. any strike would produce kinetic energy. that energy would, in theory, harden the blade further. that of course leads to other physics related issues, but...comics. anyway, i suspect you'll believe what you want to believe regardless. chalk it up to pis then. thumb up

For not caring, you sure got real aggressive, real quick, Leon.
Agree to disagree means its not worth arguing w. you over, on my part.
Anyhow, if yours is the attitude i’m going to get as an answer to a legit question, i’m done here.

Feel free to take this as an excuse to post in all my threads, looking for an argument. I can always use the extra replies.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 05:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

He's at least cl40.

Weapon X #17

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 07:21 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
He's at least cl40.

Weapon X #17
While as cool as that is can we use that as proof he's class 40? I mean I'm not sure a semi weighs that much unless we include a trailer FULLY loaded. Saying you can do something and then doing it are two different things. Countless times over the years I've seen guys say they can bench this and that but when the time came they came up short...big time. That is a cool scene though.

Also on a side note I see alot of people bringing up Warpaths low showings but what about Pucks low showings?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 12:07 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

yeah, but off panel is off panel... /shrug

Read the book.

It's very clear Cap faced him 1 on 1 and beat his ass - there is even an earlier panel showing Warpath still standing, about to challenge Steve.

Anyway, X-Men were treated like shit in that event, probably Disney's way of showing their superiority over FOX.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 12:13 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -K-M-
Cap then went to fight Gambit

Yes, he did.

And that particular part was re-told and extended in AvX Versus series. But there was no sign of Warpath there.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 12:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by juggernaut74
While as cool as that is can we use that as proof he's class 40? I mean I'm not sure a semi weighs that much unless we include a trailer FULLY loaded. Saying you can do something and then doing it are two different things. Countless times over the years I've seen guys say they can bench this and that but when the time came they came up short...big time. That is a cool scene though.

Also on a side note I see alot of people bringing up Warpaths low showings but what about Pucks low showings?

Well that's it. We really have to wait until the writers take their heads out of their asses, and consistently begin writing Warpath correctly. He's supposed to be a low class 100.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 12:33 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Well that's it. We really have to wait until the writers take their heads out of their asses, and consistently begin writing Warpath correctly. He's supposed to be a low class 100.
Why do you think he's supposed to be low Class 100? There is the scan of a computer file on Warpath and it says he was almost as strong as a young Colossus. And he don' appear to be written that strong anymore. Not yet anyways.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 12:44 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

No, he's not. Unless we focus on a very few high feats he has and ignore everything else.

Marvel wanted to make him a Colossus equivalent... once. It never lasted.

They never had a good idea on what to do with James, hence why they added vibranium knives and a healing factor now... Marvel is still experimenting with the character - even though he appeared for the first time in 1984.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 01:09 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote:
For not caring, you sure got real aggressive, real quick, Leon.
Agree to disagree means its not worth arguing w. you over, on my part.
Anyhow, if yours is the attitude i’m going to get as an answer to a legit question, i’m done here.

Feel free to take this as an excuse to post in all my threads, looking for an argument. I can always use the extra replies.

ah, there's the good gollum no one can stand. took longer than i thought but you finally brought it around to your precious thread.... :lol

and i'll post any time i see someone who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about blatantly propagating completely false information--hence why i end up in your precious threads i suppose....

agree to disagree doesn't mean you get to pass along factually incorrect info then expect to have the issue dropped.

hiv: 2+2=5
leo: no it doesn't
hiv: agree to disagree
leo: what the holy phukc....?

but you're right in one regard--not worth arguing about. with you. keep the precious! lol

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 02:15 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Read the book.

It's very clear Cap faced him 1 on 1 and beat his ass - there is even an earlier panel showing Warpath still standing, about to challenge Steve.

Anyway, X-Men were treated like shit in that event, probably Disney's way of showing their superiority over FOX.

i know what conclusion we're supposed to come to, but, off panel is off panel.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 02:18 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

i know what conclusion we're supposed to come to, but, off panel is off panel.

He couldn't overpower Matt in the same event.

Then you have him struggling with Deadpool and getting schooled by Logan (no claws) back in the day.

Let's look at the fight again - this time, whole page posted:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 02:33 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up so we chalk it up to pis, or discount it as off-panel. either way the fight shouldn't be considered very valid unless you're attempting to low ball, so it's meaningless, regardless. bottom line is he has far and away better feats, so bringing that half-depicted scene into the issue is pointless.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 05:42 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

James Proudstar is not what you want him to be, leo.

If Puck still has his invulnerability gimmick, this is looking bad for WP... diamond Emma put him down with a single strike.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 06:20 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Then you have him struggling with Deadpool and getting schooled by Logan (no claws) back in the day.

Let's look at the fight again - this time, whole page posted:

First thing that popped in my head after your scan.

Murricaaah!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 06:36 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Are you talking about Warpath? What issues did these events happen in? Scans?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 08:13 PM