KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Judge Dredd vs. Moon Knight ~~H2H~~

Judge Dredd vs. Moon Knight ~~H2H~~
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well Dredd has taken on Batman and he seems to be equal there

He did. But does that crossover count as canon?

Moon Knight is a more unhinged Batman with his mental problems.

Hey, Bruce is not without mental problems himself.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 10:33 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not sure about those crossovers being canon

but has Moon Knight hover-cycle like a bat or Smashed a guy's head against a concrete wall so hard that he left a facial imprint onto the wall?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 10:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Not sure about those crossovers being canon

but has Moon Knight hover-cycle like a bat or Smashed a guy's head against a concrete wall so hard that he left a facial imprint onto the wall?

Crossovers are not typically canon here

Actually many things dredd has done so has MK.

http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=6177.0

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 11:20 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Well Dredd has taken on Batman and he seems to be equal there

Moon Knight is a more unhinged Batman with his mental problems.

Moon Knight has more similarities to the Shadow than Wayne

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 11:24 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Moon Knight has more similarities to the Shadow than Wayne

Thats sounds interesting, how so?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 11:38 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LGU

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He did. But does that crossover count as canon?

It's definitely canon for Dredd. It's referenced several times subsequently in 2000AD issues and elements of it became important plot points later on.

Whether it is canon for Batman is murkier, I remember looking into it and finding some suggestion that it was but it's less clear-cut and Herochat is down now now so I can't find the post I put together with the evidence for it being canon at the moment.

Either way, I think people tend to put too much emphasis on what is hard "canon" when it comes to crossovers. At worst, they give us an idea of how a writer views characters relative to another so even when crossovers aren't in-continuity in a strict interpretation they can be useful evidence IMHO.

I'd back Dredd against Moon Knight with or without the Batman showing mind you (I maintain that the Batman h2h stalemate isn't actually Dredd's best h2h showing, although it is the most easily recognisable to non-2000AD readers of course). I don't think it would be easy by any means though, Moon Knight can give any of the top unpowered guys a run for their money.

Cheers.

Last edited by LGU on Aug 15th, 2018 at 08:50 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 08:47 PM
LGU is currently offline Click here to Send LGU a Private Message Find more posts by LGU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Either way, I think people tend to put too much emphasis on what is hard "canon" when it comes to crossovers. At worst, they give us an idea of how a writer views characters relative to another so even when crossovers aren't in-continuity in a strict interpretation they can be useful evidence IMHO.

I mostly agree w. that. Definitely useful.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 09:16 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote