KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Charlottesville 1 year on, what do I see looking in on America?

Charlottesville 1 year on, what do I see looking in on America?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite_the_Right_rallyThis was not a right-wing rally that was hijacked by neo-Nazis. This was an alt-right rally (organised by white supremacists Jason Kessler and Richard Spencer no less) protesting the removal of Confederate statue.

There is really no polite way to put this, you are lying. no expression

^^whoomp there it is^^

time for ad hominem deflection, silly whataboutism, and hurt fee-fees.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 01:22 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

His point about the entire side not being nazis, etc. was correct.

It was indeed denounced by the Proud Boys as a nazi gathering. Though some showed up anyways(and got kicked out). I mention this only cuz they denounced the upcoming one and yet were banned from twitter. Probably over Charlottesville.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 01:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
^^whoomp there it is^^

time for ad hominem deflection, silly whataboutism, and hurt fee-fees.

Let me be the first:

I'd rank the shitstorm Charlottesville riots just under the 2015 Baltimore riots.

Where are we today? I'm not pleased with the enhanced voices of the galvanized right or left. The US isn't in a bad place but I do place alot of blame on social media and news outlets for marketing to clicks.

I think the best coverage of that event last year came from Vice news and the lady that did that piece was very brave.

quote:
It was indeed denounced by the Proud Boys as a nazi gathering. Though some showed up anyways(and got kicked out). I mention this only cuz they denounced the upcoming one and yet were banned from twitter. Probably over Charlottesville.

Yeah, let's be honest. That event was a HUGE pile of dung. I think the govt should have pulled down the statues put them in a museum and been done with it. That rally to save the statue wreaked of racist intent to overt racism.

Last edited by snowdragon on Aug 12th, 2018 at 01:38 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 01:34 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
Let me be the first:

I'd rank the shitstorm Charlottesville riots just under the 2015 Baltimore riots.

Where are we today? I'm not pleased with the enhanced voices of the galvanized right or left. The US isn't in a bad place but I do place alot of blame on social media and news outlets for marketing to clicks.

I think the best coverage of that event last year came from Vice news and the lady that did that piece was very brave.

Speaking of Vice, Tim Pool(who used to work there and definitely isn't right wing) said there were even people there who didn't really do much research and showed up just in support of the statue. I dunno, it'd be weird for a left leaning reporter to lie about that.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 01:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Surtur
His point about the entire side not being nazis, etc. was correct.

His point was that it wasn't an alt-right rally, and that Nazis just "showed up". This is false and revisionist, plain and simple. That some non-white supremacist individuals might have attended out of ignorance (and yet stayed, lmfao) is neither here nor there.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 02:06 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

His point was that it wasn't an alt-right rally, and that Nazis just "showed up". This is false and revisionist, plain and simple. That some non-white supremacist individuals might have attended out of ignorance (and yet stayed, lmfao) is neither here nor there.

In the end, the fact is not everyone on one side was a nazi or white supremacist. Leftists need to stop using the "fine people" thing to try to attack Trump. But they won't lol.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 02:38 PM
darthgoober

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite_the_Right_rallyThis was not a right-wing rally that was hijacked by neo-Nazis. This was an alt-right rally (organised by white supremacists Jason Kessler and Richard Spencer no less) protesting the removal of Confederate statue.

There is really no polite way to put this, you are lying. no expression

Wikipedia... really? Anyone can edit wikipedia, including those who label pretty much everyone they disagree with as "Alt Right Nazis".

Last edited by darthgoober on Aug 12th, 2018 at 02:57 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 02:50 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

In the end, the fact is not everyone on one side was a nazi or white supremacist. Leftists need to stop using the "fine people" thing to try to attack Trump. But they won't lol.
In the end, one side was predominately if not entirely comprised of nazis and white supremacists who themselves organised the rally, and the notion that "fine people" unassociated with the alt-righties did indeed attend on the far-right side in innocent naivety of what they were participating it is embarrassing tripe, and an unsurprising excuse from Trump's cock-sucking cultists. thumb up

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 02:53 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the end, one side was predominately if not entirely comprised of nazis and white supremacists who themselves organised the rally, and the notion that "fine people" unassociated with the alt-righties did indeed attend on the far-right side in innocent naivety of what they were participating it is embarrassing tripe, and an unsurprising excuse from Trump's cock-sucking cultists. thumb up

Lol in the end leftists are foaming at the mouth in their search for nazis everywhere. Any excuse to whine about racism, etc.

Like Vox claiming 11 million white americans think like the alt right. At first the number was higher, like 20+ million, but then they had to edit it. You've all lost your minds.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 02:54 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by darthgoober
Wikipedia... really? Anyone can edit wikipedia, including those who label pretty much everyone they disagree with as "Alt Right Nazis".

you're right. he should have sited wiki's sources. allow me:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/12/...ationalist.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/21/...list-rally.html

it was organized by a white nationalist. now dance around that and cope

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 02:59 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm, well the guy who organized it should apply for a job at the NYT then. They love racists.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 03:02 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by darthgoober
Wikipedia... really? Anyone can edit wikipedia, including those who label pretty much everyone they disagree with as "Alt Riht Nazis".
Yeah, it's almost as if they have the receipts. Here's a poster for the rally with a list of speakers:

(please log in to view the image)

FYI, all the speakers are known white supremacists and alt-righters.

Here is a Tweet from Jason Kessler, the white supremacist who organised the rally:

Here's another poster from the white supremacist group Identity Evropa promoting the rally.

And look, here's David f*cking Duke, Grand High Wizard-in-Chief of the KKK, advertising and promoting the white supremacist rally:

But continue to embarrass yourself further by claiming this was anything but a white-supremacist rally. eek!

Last edited by Beniboybling on Aug 12th, 2018 at 03:07 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 03:02 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Hmm, well the guy who organized it should apply for a job at the NYT then. They love racists.

clever deflection, pinocchio. how's the job hunt coming along, btw?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 03:03 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Wikipedia has already (as it always does) cited its sources. gooby only needed to click the link provided, but that would involve being proven wrong. sad

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 03:03 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

clever deflection, pinocchio. how's the job hunt coming along, btw?

No deflection, just an observation given the NYT is reporting on it. They should love nazis.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 03:05 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Wikipedia has already (as it always does) cited its sources. gooby only needed to click the link provided, but that would involve being proven wrong. sad

alt-righties and their apologists are too lazy to check the source footnotes so they call it fake news. best to just circumvent that clownshow and post the source, imho.

Beniboybling
Worst Member

Lol in the end leftists are foaming at the mouth in their search for nazis everywhere. Any excuse to whine about racism, etc.

Like Vox claiming 11 million white americans think like the alt right. At first the number was higher, like 20+ million, but then they had to edit it. You've all lost your minds.
deflection and whataboutery, give up sick

Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

deflection and whataboutery, give up sick

It's too late to whine about whataboutery. Anything else?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 03:09 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

alt-righties and their apologists are too lazy to check the source footnotes so they call it fake news. best to just circumvent that clownshow and post the source, imho.
True, intellectual dishonesty is the name of the game here.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 03:13 PM
darthgoober

The article never said anything anything about the protests initial organizers. It DID say that Kesser was one of several Alt Right organizers, but that doesn't mean that the protest originally started with them. After all, the leaders of the Alt Right that showed up obviously organized their own groups for attendance, which makes them co-organizers. By the same token, there were Antifa organizers to the counter protest who rallied their members and rounded up buses, but that doesn't mean that Antifa were the ones responsible for the counter protest.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 03:13 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote