KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » English Premier League

English Premier League
Started by: samhain

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

WE GOT SCREWED

(please log in to view the image)

bring in VAR asap

its ok though it's only man city next week

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 10:19 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

That really was an awful decision, here's hoping it gives Cardiff the motivation to do City in a couple of days!

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2019 11:27 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Liverpool getting the job done yet again, as they've been doing all season to be fair. Incredible to think they won 3-1 considering Southampton were awesome in the opening 30 minutes, they carved Liverpool open a good few times they were unlucky not to get a second goal before Liverpool equalised. Saints were running on empty in the final 10 minutes though as evidenced by Liverpool's 2 goals.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2019 04:33 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Great result for Liverpool beating Chelski yesterday. City must have been hoping Chelsea would win as that's Liverpool's hardest remaining game on paper (last 2 games are Newcastle away and Wolves at home, I'd expect Rafa wouldn't mind rolling over but does he want Klopp winning a trophy at Liverpool that he couldn't? And Wolves are well capable of coming to Anfield and getting something.)

City's next fortnight of football is; Tottenham in the CL on Weds (Tottenham are 1-0 up.), Tottenham again in the league on Saturday, Man Utd away on Weds and Burnley away on the following Sunday. Tough games tightly packed together, if City can navigate those games, they'll win the league.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2019 11:56 AM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Well Cardiff are relegated 😢 can't see I didn't see it happening but would've been nice to take it the final day at least. Also considering everyone and every pundit predicated us to finish bottom with record low points, we did alright. Prem is rigged now anyway, championship is the real top league.

Old Post May 4th, 2019 09:46 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Feel sorry for Cardiff due to the whole Emiliano Sala tragedy, hope they bounce back up.

Anybody catch Liverpool's epic comeback against Barcelona tonight? Everybody knows Anfield has seen some epic European games over the years but I think that one will take some topping considering the quality of the opponent.

Old Post May 7th, 2019 11:51 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

I loved it it was epic, not a Liverpool fan but i was right behind them tonight. It'll be all the more amazing if they can win the champs league and premier league although i can't see anything but a man city win against Brighton

Old Post May 7th, 2019 11:58 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I was hoping our late winner against Newcastle would gut punch them a bit against Leicester but it wasn't to be. Brighton are guaranteed safety now as well so nothing to play for really, but you never know, strange things happen in the Prem all the time.

Old Post May 8th, 2019 03:43 AM
Insane Titan

YNWA! Amazing performance.

Old Post May 8th, 2019 09:49 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Man city won then

I was hoping for Liverpool but maybe they can get the champions league

Old Post May 14th, 2019 04:37 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

All ends with a whimper, glad Brighton stay up!

Old Post May 15th, 2019 06:40 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Well congrats to Man City, they and Liverpool amassed 195 points between them which is astonishing when you think about it. Now for a boring summer of outdoor drinking as the sun sets.

Old Post May 16th, 2019 07:03 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Renamed the thread as we might as well use this one.

That VAR is going to cause some nonsense this year. I expect at least a few huge decisions to cause some trouble.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2019 01:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I think there will be a lot of teething problems with it.

There also seems to be a lot of rule changes too, involving goal kicks, drop balls, etc. I've a feeling this is going to be a weird season.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2019 04:08 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That offside against Sterling was awful, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 10th, 2019 05:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

He was offside though, perhaps only by a hair but offside. His goal in the community shield was offside and that stood, so perhaps these things really do balance out.

Don't think Chelsea deserved to lose 4-0, they could have been 2 up inside the first 20 minutes. It seemed like a case of one manager has had a few months in charge and money to spend and the other manager has had neither of those things. I'd like to see Lampard do well at Chelsea, (relatively speaking) hiring ex-players who are freshly retired is not something English teams, especially the big ones tend to do. Obviously Chelsea's decision was facilitated by the transfer embargo but it's nice to see.

I remember a team that plays on the continent who hired one of their former players not long after he retired even though his experience was limited, think his name was Josep Guardiola.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 12:20 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

New handball is ****ing ridiculous

I don't want man city to win the league again but they should've had that goal against spurs

Old Post Aug 17th, 2019 09:49 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by walshy
New handball is ****ing ridiculous

I don't want man city to win the league again but they should've had that goal against spurs

Not sure if anyone's equipped to stop City TBH, the best hope is that they are distracted by the European Cup. At least in regards to the handball rule they are applying it consistently it would seem. Traditionalists tore their hair out when the backpass rule was brought in, changing the game forever, now nobody cares.

Ultimately, it added a layer of controversy at the end of a decent game between two top sides, the sponsors and the advertisers are delighted.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2019 01:10 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Looking like a two horse race again isn't it? City and Liverpool are pushing each other to new levels, it's like when Fergie was at Utd and Wenger was at Arsenal, it was just those two and everybody else beneath them fighting for scraps. The injury to Aymeric Laporte has given Liverpool a chance this season as City can't buy a replacement until January and by that time he'll only be a couple of weeks away from a return possibly. Guardiola is quite savvy defensively, he won 2 European Cups with Mascherano playing as a centre half, Stones and Otamendi are very reckless players though.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 01:15 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
He was offside though, perhaps only by a hair but offside. His goal in the community shield was offside and that stood, so perhaps these things really do balance out.

Don't think Chelsea deserved to lose 4-0, they could have been 2 up inside the first 20 minutes. It seemed like a case of one manager has had a few months in charge and money to spend and the other manager has had neither of those things. I'd like to see Lampard do well at Chelsea, (relatively speaking) hiring ex-players who are freshly retired is not something English teams, especially the big ones tend to do. Obviously Chelsea's decision was facilitated by the transfer embargo but it's nice to see.

I remember a team that plays on the continent who hired one of their former players not long after he retired even though his experience was limited, think his name was Josep Guardiola.

Even if it's a rule, it's a stupid rule imo.

==

I used to think VAR just favoured Liverpool and Spurs, but now I'm thinking it just plain hates Man City.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 7th, 2019 06:27 PM