KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » English Premier League

English Premier League
Started by: samhain

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shadow_King
-

Another win for Leicester!! 6 points away from 3rd and 9 points from 4th, hopefully they can keep this win streak going.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 11:25 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

This team looks a lot better than the 2016 winning team.

Brendan Rodgers doing such a great job, guess those years with Celtic and winning trophies has rubbed off on the Leicester players.

Jamie Vardy looking even better than 2016, he is 5 goals ahead of 2nd place and if he continues his scoring pace he could finally get that golden boot. He has scored in the last 8 consecutive premier league games if he can tie his record of 11 goals in 11 games.

Maddison is just amazing, Tielemans, Barnes and Perez are good but still room for improvement.

N'didi is great, he is no 2016 Kante, but he is on his way.

The defense is just brilliant, the least amount of goals conceded only 9 goals allowed, Soyuncu looking better than Maguire, Soyuncu will cost Man.Utd 100 million, Evans looks to be a steal and Ricardo and Chilwell are great.

Last but not least Schmeicel, don't think he has had to make that many saves but when called upon he has done a good job.

Granted only 16 matches have gone by and a lot more of the season left to play, the whole team could crumble but I trust in Rodgers to make sure that doesn't happen.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2019 11:58 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Leicester already have more points than they had at this stage when they won the league. I win £80 if Vardy finishes top scorer, just had a feeling about him playing well under Rodgers. If they can get to January still in the hunt (very likely with Liverpool's fixture congestion and the Leicester V Liverpool game on Boxing Day) and Rodgers can bring in 2-3 players, then they're going to be a real threat.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 01:54 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

I dont see liverpool dropping enough points to be overtaken, this team feels different, with the likes of salah, mane, trent, henderson, allison, bar major injury these guys will grind out the wins.

Hope I am wrong, if Liverpool win the prem I hope Leicester can take 2nd, if we can beat Man City in a few weeks and go into the new year with a 9 point gap, that would be amazing

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 02:20 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Well this is more or less over already isn't it? Days after flying out to Qatar to play 2 games in a matter of days to become World Champions, Liverpool head to the home of their nearest rivals for the title, who have one of the most in-form defence and attack and blow them away 4-0. Not like Leicester played badly either, they got past the back line and into the Liverpool box on numerous occasions in the first half and played some really good football, they still couldn't muster up a single shot in the first half though and Liverpool just dominated the second half.

The 2020 title race is as over as it can be considering it's still 2019, Liverpool have a couple of big games in January, Everton then Spurs followed by Man Utd, but with a weeks rest in between all those games, the squad will have some much needed freshness back.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 03:03 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

If Liverpool somehow don't win the league now it'd go down in history

Maybe the pressure of them being almost certain league winners will make them lose a couple games but that won't do much damage

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 09:51 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Liverpool might win the league, sure, but I wonder, did any of you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Keegan the Wise? 12 points ahead in January, he was, with a team that seemed like they were going to steamroll the Premiership.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 04:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Also, VAR is a ****ing cancer. Being "in-line" used to actually be a thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 08:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

That Newcastle team was too gung-ho, too inexperienced both with playing staff and with Keegan, were being pursued by a team playing top class football and didn't have anywhere close to the defensive qualities this Liverpool team has. They were great to watch don't get me wrong, but their defensive frailties and their lack of a fitness regime took it's toll in the end. Liverpool have neither a lack of a fitness regime nor a worrying defence and are hardly being pursued by a team playing at their best. (Liverpool aren't even playing their best)

It's not the VAR decisions that I have a problem with really, it's the fact that players are claiming it be used for everything on the pitch, 80% of goals get disputed by the opposition, you can see them demanding the ref take a look, generally speaking that's a waste of time. The rules need to be sorted out properly too.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 01:55 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
That Newcastle team was too gung-ho, too inexperienced both with playing staff and with Keegan, were being pursued by a team playing top class football and didn't have anywhere close to the defensive qualities this Liverpool team has. They were great to watch don't get me wrong, but their defensive frailties and their lack of a fitness regime took it's toll in the end. Liverpool have neither a lack of a fitness regime nor a worrying defence and are hardly being pursued by a team playing at their best. (Liverpool aren't even playing their best)

It's not the VAR decisions that I have a problem with really, it's the fact that players are claiming it be used for everything on the pitch, 80% of goals get disputed by the opposition, you can see them demanding the ref take a look, generally speaking that's a waste of time. The rules need to be sorted out properly too.

I don't necessarily agree, but I still think that it's incredibly premature to say the League is won when it isn't even January yet. I'm not going to pretend I want Liverpool to win, but the worst thing those players can do is start to believe that it's in the bag and get complacent.

I have a problem with it all. I genuinely think the League was better off without it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 04:27 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I don't think for a second that any of the Liverpool players think this is done and dusted, they know there's a lot of hard work ahead, they still have to play everyone else again (except Leicester) and anything can happen, that's why we keep tuning in , game after game, year after year. But, barring divine intervention, Liverpool will win the league. The Fabinho injury is going by unnoticed, the 2nd choice keeper (who didn't even get offered a new contract by West Ham at the end of last season) was in goal for the first 2 months of the season and they still went undefeated.

I'd be interested to see some data on VAR at the end of the season, in terms of how many decisions it's gotten wrong versus right and maybe some comparative data on how many referee overturns it got right versus wrong. It's still in its infancy and apparently the EPL has its own set of guidelines when compared to UEFA, etc, which I don't think helps in the slightest TBH, according to Shaka Hislop England are the only country that are having any kind of problems with it.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 05:02 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It doesn't help that the EPL has had problems for a while now with some shocking refeering standards. I suppose it was naive to think that wouldn't carry over in to the implementation of VAR. Even the new rules... They just seem so, so wrong to me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 07:44 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Have you spotted how they've changed the kick-off rules? I noticed it a year or so ago, used to be that you had to kick it into your opponents half, hence why you would see 2 players at kick-off, one would roll it into the opposition half then the other would quickly snap it back into their own half, now we see just one player in the centre circle who is totally free to kick it into his own half. Just kind of crept up on me that one.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 09:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I had noticed that, but I had no idea it was an actual rule. Damn.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 02:02 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I'm just assuming it was a law change but it has to have been surely. Like I said, the old rule was that you had to kick it to your opponents and now no-one has to do that.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 12:47 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Just Wikied it, the restriction on the ball moving forward at kick-off was removed in 2016. Also, the same page says that if an own goal is scored directly from kick-off, then it's given as a corner and not a goal, I'd like to know how and why that rule was implemented.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 12:52 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I mean, they're just not letting up are they? 20 wins from 21 games, the records they could break this season is astounding, not worth the 30 year wait TBH but this team can be a sheer joy to watch at times (as a Liverpool fan).

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 02:39 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I might just start crying now to get the emotion out of the way, just don't see how anyone else can catch up to this team right now, they're ridiculously ruthless.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 02:41 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I got sent the worst Manchester United, Isn Huntly joke on Wattsapp. Too sick even for me to laugh at...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 07:45 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

That the one about how to repair torn Man Utd kits? Heard that about a week after it happened from my brother's friend, he's a sick fvck, as a matter of fact he's the only guy I've ever seen that actually went the distance on The People Vs. Jerry Sadowitz, Jerry was actually hugging him and telling him he was a top man by the end, you need to be a real sicko to accomplish that.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 01:23 PM