KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » English Premier League

English Premier League
Started by: samhain

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I have Vardy in my fantasy team, so I hope he bangs in goals like it's going out of fashion.

City look so much poorer without Aguero and even Jesus. Sterling scored, sure, but he slowed down and straight up halted a bunch of attacks that could have led to another goal or two. Pep needs to play Delap, or KDB might end up pissing off and asking to leave.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 08:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Man utd just signed cavani, is this another zlatan signing??

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 09:02 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Likely not. Even the PSG fans say he's crap. But we'll see.

So... as shit as United were, it would have been nice for the VAR to have been fair about the sending off. Llamella should have been put off too.

Honestly, I half-expect United to sack Ole tonight. They won't buy the players he wants to buy nor sell the players he wants to sell. At least it feels like more and more people are starting to see the rot that Woodward and his crony are causing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 4th, 2020 05:37 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Sucks when the main problem with the team is ownership, no one can sack those guys...however, if this keeps Man.Utd from winning titles it's fine with me. I hope they keep Woodward in charge. I see they spent over 100 million on 3 players.

If they were to sack Ole, who would they get as the next manager? Pochiteno??

Last edited by Shadow_King on Oct 6th, 2020 at 12:08 AM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2020 12:04 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shadow_King
Great start by Leicester, hopefully they learned enough from last season and won't fall asleep at the wheel.

As long as Vardy is healthy they have a chance laughing laughing

Why do I keep doing this, same thing happened just last season... I say how good Leicester are and then they suck.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2020 12:07 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Liverpool need to stop trying to be Bayern Munich and stop playing a high line, I get that we need to mix things up to be less predictable but we're almost doing the opposite from what has brought success over the last couple of years. Up until this weekend it was beginning to look like Man City or Chelsea wouldn't have enough to beat Liverpool to the title and while I still think that's the case Liverpool need to get to the training ground and get themselves organised.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 7th, 2020 12:51 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The Cavani deal is another sign of Man Utd's desperation. He's been a free agent for two months and they only sign him at the 11th hour. They've signed him solely for his name. Utd's attack and midfield is possibly good enough for the top 4 but they really needed somebody standing between Wan-Bissaka and Maguire sorting them out.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2020 12:55 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Sucks when the main problem with the team is ownership, no one can sack those guys...however, if this keeps Man.Utd from winning titles it's fine with me. I hope they keep Woodward in charge. I see they spent over 100 million on 3 players.

If they were to sack Ole, who would they get as the next manager? Pochiteno??

laughing out loud

Originally posted by samhain
The Cavani deal is another sign of Man Utd's desperation. He's been a free agent for two months and they only sign him at the 11th hour. They've signed him solely for his name. Utd's attack and midfield is possibly good enough for the top 4 but they really needed somebody standing between Wan-Bissaka and Maguire sorting them out.

Maguire and AWB haven't exactly been great either. Bailly is capable of much better, as is Shaw, but everyone at the back was terrible against Spurs. Well, bar De Gea, but I don't blame him for the goals.

Pogba needs to go. He's either not interested, ill, or both.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 7th, 2020 06:43 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by -Pr-
laughing out loud

Maguire and AWB haven't exactly been great either.

I agree, but I don't think either one of them are bad players though, they'd both improve with a world class centre half between them IMO. Virgil van Dijk makes almost anyone he plays alongside look good, Koulibaly would do the same thing for Utd. There are other players around of course but I don't think someone like Upamecano has the XP to walk into Utd's dressing room and give them the boot up the arse they deserve.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2020 01:57 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Man this season is going to be crazy, I can envisage a reality where any one of 7 or 8 teams can win it. Might throw a few bob on Spurs or Chelsea to win it, Everton too, although I think guys like James Rodriguez and Allan will run out of steam at some point due to lack of recent football.

Interestingly, Frank Lampard would be the first person to win the Prem as both a player and as a manager.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2020 03:31 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
Man this season is going to be crazy, I can envisage a reality where any one of 7 or 8 teams can win it. Might throw a few bob on Spurs or Chelsea to win it, Everton too, although I think guys like James Rodriguez and Allan will run out of steam at some point due to lack of recent football.

Interestingly, Frank Lampard would be the first person to win the Prem as both a player and as a manager.
i don't dislike Lamport, his always struck me as a decent bloke.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2020 07:59 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 03:07 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
i don't dislike Lamport, his always struck me as a decent bloke.

Yeah, even when he was playing and Liverpool and Chelsea had their rivalry, it was hard to dislike Frank, the man just deserves respect. You have to be a special player to be a midfielder and be your clubs all-time top goalscorer. Didn't he play close to 300 consecutive games or something like that? Like he literally didn't miss a single game for about 3 or 4 seasons, that's impressive even without his goals.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 02:51 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...icio-Pochettino

Why would either want to go there?

It would be tough for Rodgers with his ties to Liverpool. How come Max Allegri never gets mentioned? He's not in a job right now so they wouldn't have to pay compensation for him. Be funny if Utd paid to get Rodgers away from Leicester and Leicester just turned around and got Pochettino for nothing.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2020 02:58 PM
Shadow_King
-

I would be shocked if Man.Utd would spend the money to get Rodgers out of Leicester.

Before Leicester gave Brendan the extension to 2025, he had a release clause of 14 million, after the extension it was not mentioned, so either they increased that release clause or they have removed the clause.

This means that Man.Utd would pay to sack Ole, they would pay Leicester to get Brendan and then they would have to pay his salary, sounds this would be more money than they spent on the summer transfers this season.

After what PR said, I don't see any decent manager wanting to go Man.Utd, they have no control over who comes and who goes.

On another note, Southampton look good, I hope they can keep it up, the next games for them will be big, I hope they will come out of it successfully, they have had to deal with players/managers leaving to "bigger" clubs for a long time, this is good times for the team/fans.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 01:54 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Honestly think I'm going to lump a tenner on Tottenham to win the league, maybe Chelsea too. Mourinho is a savvy man and a great strategist, he's looking at the fixture list and trying to figure out where and when he can do it.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 02:48 PM
Shadow_King
-

Did you make that bet Sam?

Frankly after what has happened in the last few days, I hope the premier league ban these clubs and just let them participate in their "super league". If the super league does not go ahead the 6 teams have tarnished there reputation.

Hopefully uefa/fifa come down hard on these teams and dont allow them to participate in champions league and europa, also the players that are on these teams cannot represent the national teams.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2021 01:17 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

ESL can **** off.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 20th, 2021 11:05 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Did you make that bet Sam?

Frankly after what has happened in the last few days, I hope the premier league ban these clubs and just let them participate in their "super league". If the super league does not go ahead the 6 teams have tarnished there reputation.

Hopefully uefa/fifa come down hard on these teams and dont allow them to participate in champions league and europa, also the players that are on these teams cannot represent the national teams.

Of course I didn't, I'm no mug.

Been saying for decades that something like this would happen, I wish they'd stop trying to imprint American sports models onto other things.

I'm all for some form of punishment, but putting it on the fans and players wouldn't be right IMO, especially when it was the outcry from fans and players alongside pundits that helped to nip this in the bud, punish the owners and the CEO's instead.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2021 12:56 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Citizen Kane!

We all know it’s going to happen.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2021 12:58 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote