KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Was Disney right to fire James Gunn?

Were Disney right to fire James Gunn?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
They were right 1 3.23%
He should have been rehired 19 61.29%
Quan 11 35.48%
Total: 31 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Was Disney right to fire James Gunn?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

Thanos being that dangerous would be why Thor aimed for center mass, because it's the biggest target and thus has the best chance of landing.

It was the smart move.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 01:59 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I would counter that with Thanos as the most powerful being in the universe with countless trillions of lives at stake...better just to put him down right away than make it so Thor can make some witty comment as he kills him.

Dont think it was to be witty - I told you youd die for that! -

Think it was rage/vengeance. Thanos really got to him.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 03:52 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Only Fly voted "They were right" in the poll.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 05:17 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Dont think it was to be witty - I told you youd die for that! -

Think it was rage/vengeance. Thanos really got to him.
Thanos killed his best friend and stepbrother. Thor watched helplessly as he killed Loki slowly. Asgardians are a roadbump Thanos trampled over. Killed dwarves, forced Eitri to forge Thanos a weapon then took off a few hands, etc. Thanos is the big bad of the MCU.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 05:23 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ And Thor the Ultimate hero to defeat him.

The only one who can.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 06:04 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Nah. That will be Captain Carl Manvers.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 07:18 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The only one who can.
Absurd. Thor is not the only one capable of opposing Thanos he was the only one with a weapon capable of killing him in such fashion yet he failed. Thanos is not taking on the heroes one on one so they will all be needed to take him on. This is an Avengers film not a Thor film you delusional fanboy. Thor he his chance and failed. If you are going to ignore stark, hulk, captain marvel and the rest of the heroes you are just obtuse.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 07:43 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The SJW Phase is Coming!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 07:49 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Absurd. Thor is not the only one capable of opposing Thanos he was the only one with a weapon capable of killing him in such fashion yet he failed. Thanos is not taking on the heroes one on one so they will all be needed to take him on. This is an Avengers film not a Thor film you delusional fanboy. Thor he his chance and failed. If you are going to ignore stark, hulk, captain marvel and the rest of the heroes you are just obtuse.

Of course he is. Everyone who saw the film knows that. It was made clear.

Thanos completely pussified Hulk. Strange had to give up the Time Stone to him and plead for Tonys life.

Captain Marvel hasnt even entered the films yet lol. We know she will be the most powerful.

But as of IW it was Thor hands down. He was he main hero. Russos confirm it.

Stormbreaker was built for him and is part and parcel of his powers. Would you argue comic book Beta Rey Bill is only capable with Storm Breaker Lol. Its part of his power set. Stop crying about the best scene in the movie.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 08:03 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Of course he is. Everyone who saw the film knows that. It was made clear.

Thanos completely pussified Hulk. Strange had to give up the Time Stone to him and plead for Tonys life.

Captain Marvel hasnt even entered the films yet lol. We know she will be the most powerful.

But as of IW it was Thor. Stormbreaker was built for him and is part and parcel of his powers. Would you argue comic book Beta Rey Bill is only capable with Storm Breaker Lol. Its part of his power set. Stop crying about the best scene in the movie.
No, it was not. If you believe no one else mattered Tony Stark for ****s sake, Dr. Strange, etc. then you’re just an idiot. Thor needed a mega weapon against Thanos or else he called it suicide. Strange didn’t have a mega weapon outside his own gear he needed to man up after he was already humiliated by Thanos. Stark was seen as a threat to Thanos agenda not Thor. He was just some reckless hero on a quest destined to fail in the end.

Thanos did to the Hulk what Thor cannot. I am glad you admit it. I would say Thor needed a mega weapon but still failed. That is not Thors standard equipment since he has appeared in multiple films in combat minus the weapon.

Thanos won Thor lost despite his cheapshot and mega weapon. Thanos tanked a weapon capable of killing him whilst being impaled. Thanos damage soak is insane and this did not kill him. Thanos smiling at the end is the best part of the Thanos film. He won. I told you all Thanos is the biggest and baddest wolf in all of fiction. No one even comes close. smile

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 08:11 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
The SJW Phase is Coming!
Another typical nonsensical your feelings are hurt and everything is sjw. We get it you don’t get any attention from women so it’s all sjw nonsense.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 08:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The only one who can.

It's going to be a combined effort and with Thanos being not at full power with the stones, otherwise Thanos really can't lose with God-powers now, at least not looking like a dumbshit and I doubt they'll do that in the MCU.

But I also do think it's possible that if there's going to be a 'final move', where only one character delivers the coup de grâce on Thanos, they're going to give that honor to Tony, maybe even as a sacrifice and he dies as well.

They've built up Tony's obsession with Thanos since at least IM3 and then we had the heart-2-heart with Thanos and Tony on Titan.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 10:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Can you imagine how crazy it would be if they had Dr. Doom come out of nowhere and kill Thanos?

I'm cumming.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 10:53 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

After the Avengers fail a second time due to Thanos' god-level powers and all hope seems lost, Dr. Doom appears and casually walks over to Thanos, smugly looks him up and down and then effortlesly punch-rips Thanos' heart out of his chest; declaring "There can only be one!"

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 11:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

thumb up A+ writing

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 12:05 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Mindset
Can you imagine how crazy it would be if they had Dr. Doom come out of nowhere and kill Thanos?

I'm cumming.
Fan fic. Doom could not even hold Thanos purple nuts in his metal hands. It will take all of the avengers to stand before Thanos. Captain Marvel is going to be pretty powerful to boot and expect the Hulk to come back strong. Thor has his moment and Thanos prevailed.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 02:10 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The only one who can.

Actually the ultimate hero is stormbreaker.

All hail stormbreaker!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 02:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, Thor is nothing without the Stormbreaker.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 11:29 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by quanchi112
Fan fic. Doom could not even hold Thanos purple nuts in his metal hands. It will take all of the avengers to stand before Thanos. Captain Marvel is going to be pretty powerful to boot and expect the Hulk to come back strong. Thor has his moment and Thanos prevailed.
Doom will stand over Thanos's broken body and mercifully end his pain with a backhand that erases him from existence.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 11:56 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I wonder if he’s the next big bad After IW

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 12:12 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote