KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Was Disney right to fire James Gunn?

Were Disney right to fire James Gunn?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
They were right 1 3.23%
He should have been rehired 19 61.29%
Quan 11 35.48%
Total: 31 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Was Disney right to fire James Gunn?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fired over some BS tweets a decade old, Bautista is right

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 12:13 AM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom will stand over Thanos's broken body and mercifully end his pain with a backhand that erases him from existence.
Blasphemy. No one will ever fill Thanos’ shoes least of all, Vic.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:38 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by carthage
I wonder if he’s the next big bad After IW
No way in hell. He’s a Loki type threat.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:38 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

If not Doom, then who?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:40 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
If not Doom, then who?
Galactus.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:41 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by quanchi112
Blasphemy. No one will ever fill Thanos’ shoes least of all, Vic.
We're probably gonna find out Thanos has been working for a Doombot.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:55 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Mindset
We're probably gonna find out Thanos has been working for a Doombot.
Doom needs Thanos to pull him out of the Fox u. Sorry for doom but he killed the entire fox u with the snap.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:57 AM
NemeBro

No way in hell. He’s a Loki type threat.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:59 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Doom had an amp fell apart at the end of the story as he always does. Thanos solod the marvel u without any power ups. Thanos is the big bad. Always has been.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 03:37 AM
Flyattractor

So How Do You NOT COUNT the Inf Stones as a "Power Up"?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 05:46 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lol...at Doom being called a Loki level threat.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 05:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Doom had an amp fell apart at the end of the story as he always does. Thanos solod the marvel u without any power ups. Thanos is the big bad. Always has been.

Thanos had a massive amp throughout IW. And you wanna use that amp in debates.

You arguments are Josh level hilarious.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 08:35 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

"Okay, as soon as I sign this paper, you're hired. Before I sign it, I need you to go home, look at every single social media account you have, and read everything you have ever said on them. EVERYTHING. Twitter, Facebook, forums, ****ing Amazon reviews. No exceptions. I don't care if it takes you a week. If anything about any particular post looks even vaguely controversial, you delete the damn thing. Make it completely inaccessible to the public. Get the admin to delete it if you can't. Close your entire account, if you have to. When you have thoroughly scourged your entire online history, then come back, and I will sign this paper. Got it?"

Why the hell have corporations not instituted this procedure for any and all of their high visibility employees? They've had plenty of time to adapt.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 09:55 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Fired over some BS tweets a decade old, Bautista is right

The reality is the bullshit of firing people over shit they say needs to stop. Whether it was said 2 seconds ago or 20 years ago.

If someone doesn't like some shit a person said then just don't watch the show. But this seems like something most adults just are not capable of doing. They gotta whine and boycott, sign petitions, etc.

Back in the day if you didn't like a show you just didn't watch it. And if you liked a show but were so childlike you can't separate the real person from the character they played...you just stopped watching lol.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 12:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Thanos had a massive amp throughout IW. And you wanna use that amp in debates.

You arguments are Josh level hilarious.
Thanos already proved his formidability in spanking the hulk and casually dismissing Thor. I have confirmation from the directors how formidable Thanos is. It is his determination that makes him stand above the rest. Doom is and has always been Reed Richards *****. The same occurred in secret wars 2.

Thanos the cinematic version is tied to the stones whereas Doom is not tied into his upgrade in secret wars 2 throughout his history in comics. We have a limited amount of screen time and Thanos as I said still proved himself in the film without the stones which do not amp his reflexes or skill in battle.

Unlike you I rely on the facts not just your paltry limited perceptions.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:13 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
So How Do You NOT COUNT the Inf Stones as a "Power Up"?
Thanos already proved himself without them verified by the directors and screenwriter on his skill level and resolve.

smile

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:15 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kazenji
Lol...at Doom being called a Loki level threat.
Well I bet doom is not the next mega level threat. You are free to believe otherwise but he will end up being a Loki type threat maybe a movie or so and in the background but nowhere near Thanos level.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:16 PM
Flyattractor

Thanos already proved himself without them verified by the directors and screenwriter on his skill level and resolve.

smile

Too Bad we didn't get to see any of that on screen.

10 years of him brooding and sitting on a chair... Not really all that impressive.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 09:51 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I believe the directors confirmed that when he beat the hulk at the beginning that was without the use of any of the stones.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 10:49 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Didn't say it in the movie. Saying after to cover up their poor writing is not a good thing. Like how one of the big points of Thor/Rag was that He don't need a Hammer to be the GOD of THUNDER, and what is the first thing Thor does in Avg:Inf. Thor is full on I NEEDS MUH HAMMNERZ!!!!!!!!

Don' get me wrong. The Movie is fun and good but it Aint Great!!!!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 10:57 PM