KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can Zod replicate Kurse's Mjolnir feat?

Can Zod replicate MCU Kurses mjolnir feat
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, his punches caused massive shockwaves 13 61.90%
No, Zod has no feats comparable to beating down Thor 5 23.81%
No, Kurse is stronger 3 14.29%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can Zod replicate Kurse's Mjolnir feat?
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Here's the key difference:

When Thor threw his hammer at Hulk, the force of the throw was so powerful, that when he grabbed it, Hulk was completely taken off his feet and floored.

When Thor threw his hammer at Kurse, he casually knocked it away.

Based on these interactions, if Hulk had tried to swat away Mjolnir, imho, he would have broken some fingers and got plowed into the ground.

Now we've seen Hulk vs. Thor in an extended fight in Ragnarok, it's pretty clear that Kurse is much stronger, more durable, and skilled than Hulk. He'd beat the utter shit out of him. Ragnarok didn't really change much though. Hulk vs. Thor is competitive even in h2h but Hulk is favored. Once an external factor like Mjolnir comes into play, Thor starts knocking him around. Or in the case of Ragnarok, his lightning powers.

We just have better CGI and an extended fight scene to confirm our initial hypothesis from Avengers 1. I will say that Thor in Ragnarok moved much faster visually and with more obvious skill than in any other appearance. Even when he was beating up the Shield Agents in Thor 1, demonstrating his great h2h skills, it was a lot less polished.

As for this thread: Zod can't replicate the feat. Let's not be dumb.

Thor didn't throw him hammer at Kurse.
Kurse knocked Thor away, not the hammer.

What's your basis for why Zod can't do it, especially given his strength feats are equal or above Kurse's?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 12:06 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Because a returning Mjolnir has no feats. Also, we saw Kurse struggling to lift up a rock which am pretty sure Zod could lift up with less trouble.

In that aspect Hulk, Thanos and many other beings could deflect a returning mjonlir.

In the scene Mjolnir was returning to Thor at full speed. In the same movie Mjolnir "RETURNING" to Thor from space was coming back fast enough to travel from outer space back to earth in seconds.

I just watched the fight again and Kurse wasn't struggling in the least to lift the rock. Lying wont help your point.
Every hit he was hitting Thor with, sent Thor flying.

Last edited by Inhuman on Aug 20th, 2018 at 05:29 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 05:27 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

And yet that has NOTHING to do with strength.

Beating up Thor with fists has nothing to do with strength?

Sure...

I dont remember Kurse lifting Mjolnir. And am sure you realize that lifting =/= deflecting a flying object.

Hulk tried stopping it but was clearly incapable.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 20th, 2018 at 01:14 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 01:07 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Inhuman
In the scene Mjolnir was returning to Thor at full speed. In the same movie Mjolnir "RETURNING" to Thor from space was coming back fast enough to travel from outer space back to earth in seconds.

I just watched the fight again and Kurse wasn't struggling in the least to lift the rock. Lying wont help your point.

I agree
I don't think Kurse struggled a lot with the rock since he threw it a good distance.

But Mjolnir wasn't going anywhere as fast as it was when it was in space (average speed). Thor doesn't summon his hammer at great speeds when it a small distance from him.

But that's besides the point. The force Kurse hit Mjolnir implies that he was at least 2x stronger than the force it was coming with. So if we can calculate Kurse's strength from his other feats then we can guesstimate the force needed to swat Mjolnir out of the air when it's returning with that particular speed. There are no other feats by a returning Mjolnir in which to calculate.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 01:15 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Sure...

Kurse isnt a brute beast like Hulk. He is actually inteligent and was blocking and countering Thor's attacks.

Kurse didnt beat Thor due to strength!

Nice! We are progressing. Point the scene in Thor DW where Kurse tried to STOP Mjolnir.

Because stopping =/= to deflecting.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 01:58 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Sure...

I agree that beating Thor up shows strength. Let's not forget that Hulk made Thor's nose bleed with a single punch.

That was Thor throwing it and not it returning.
Hulk tried to grab it, not stop it. The momentum of Mjolnir was enough to lift Hulk off his feet (overtaking Hulk's weight). He was carried away several feet before it dropped.

Bottomline: Thor throwing Mjolnir vs it returning are two different things. And Hulk tried to wield Mjolnir and not swat it away.

Last edited by h1a8 on Aug 20th, 2018 at 02:05 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 02:00 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Inhuman

You do realize that Mjolnir wasnt flying that fast in the Kurse scene right?

He used both hands and moaned before launching it. Hulk stopped a Leviathan with 1 hand.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 02:03 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

You do realize that Mjolnir wasnt flying that fast in the Kurse scene right?

He used both hands and moaned before launching it. Hulk stopped a Leviathan with 1 hand.

Hulk didn't completely stop it.
And frictional force from the ground helped. It was basically a bracing feat.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 02:29 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by h1a8
Hulk didn't completely stop it.
And frictional force from the ground helped. It was basically a bracing feat.

Am aware of your opinion regarding the Hulk feat.

Yet its still way more impresive than Kurse moaning to throw a rock.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 02:41 PM
h1a8

Am aware of your opinion regarding the Hulk feat.

Yet its still way more impresive than Kurse moaning to throw a rock.
Maybe. We need to calculate the feats. Opinions don't matter when it comes to which feat required more strength.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 06:06 PM
Silent Master

Maybe. We need to calculate the feats. Opinions don't matter when it comes to which feat required more strength.

IOW, you want a chance to low-ball the feats from the characters/side you want to lose.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 06:12 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Hulk was able to stop a leviathan with one hand without struggling. He can definetly lift up a boulder with less trouble. Its logic.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 06:20 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Without struggling? Lol

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 06:21 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Without struggling? Lol

I didnt saw Hulk moaning the way Kurse was.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 06:25 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Really depends how you see the Kursed and the Mjolnir feat.

-If you believe Kurse used nothing except brute strength to swat away Mjolnir, then it's clear he's physically more powerful than Hulk, no questions here

-If you believe Kurse was able to do that or at least in part because the Kursed are essentially anti-Asgardian living weapons (using some of Malekith's words/comments), then the feat lowers from a strength point-of-view

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 06:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Robtard
Really depends how you see the Kursed and the Mjolnir feat.

-If you believe Kurse used nothing except brute strength to swat away Mjolnir, then it's clear he's physically more powerful than Hulk, no questions here

-If you believe Kurse was able to do that or at least in part because the Kursed are essentially anti-Asgardian living weapons (using some of Malekith's words/comments), then the feat lowers from a strength point-of-view

Interesting! Dark Magic being involved, nice proposition thumb up

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 06:42 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I forget exactly what Malekith says word for word, but it can lead one to believe that the Kurse are specifically design to take out Asgardians.

I'd have to rewatch Thor:TDW again, but it's my least favorite Thor film so that's not happening anytime soon.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 06:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Robtard
I forget exactly what Malekith says word for word, but it can lead one to believe that the Kurse are specifically design to take out Asgardians.

I'd have to rewatch Thor:TDW again, but it's my least favorite Thor film so that's not happening anytime soon.

Ohhhh I know. I dislike the movie. So full of inconsistencies. Thor 1 and Ragnarok are definetly way different than DW.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 07:00 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Can't say I dislike it, as I did get some entertainment from it, but it's definitely on the bottom tier of where I'd ranked the MCU films.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 07:33 PM
h1a8

Hulk was able to stop a leviathan with one hand without struggling. He can definetly lift up a boulder with less trouble. Its logic.

Hulk didn’t stop the leviathan. It never stopped moving forward.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 08:36 PM