KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Capitalism and health care

Capitalism and health care
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
AHA! Gotcha!

So it IS like American's Health Insurance system! aaahahahahahahahaha

evil face evil face evil face evil face evil face evil face evil face evil face evil face

Mission "darthgoober Freedom" accomplished.

If you didn't read my post and then laugh, roll your eyes, or say, "Sh*t, d*mmit, f***!", then I didn't "mission accomplish" my invasion into your mind.

Nope, 'fraid that's not what I thought when I read it lol. I was never disputing(or even discussing) any similarities between the revolutionary war and our current health care system, I was only discussing the British's motivation for the high taxes... sorry to get your hopes up lol.

Although, I actually do appreciate the likening you bring up, as it further cements that my principals are pretty consistantly applied since I'm against a more socialized heath care system big grin

Last edited by darthgoober on Aug 21st, 2018 at 08:20 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 08:18 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
The US healthcare system is superior to any Single Payer system of comparable size.

I would prefer you delete the "comparable size" qualifier because I don't think anything else out there is of comparable size. Far larger systems exist like China (not single payer). Far smaller systems exist like Singapore's.

In what way is the US Healthcare system superior to any Single Payer or Universal Healthcare systems, out there?

Costs of Universal Healthcare:

Before diving into the costs of health care, we should at least establish a time horizon for the analysis. Most studies, including the one Sanders, cites on his website use a 10-year gap.

Analyses conducted on the costs of Bernie Sanders healthcare plan:

Friedman: 13.8 trillion(2017-2026)

Thorpe: 24.3 trillion(2017-2026)

Mercatus Center: 27.7 trillion(they refer to this as a conservative estimate, likely more)(2019-2028)

Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget: 31 trillion(2017-2026)

Urban Institute(best study): 32 trillion(2017-2026)

For the reasons discussed there, I will rely on the Urban Institute as my primary source, when comparing costs.

Okay, fair.

So, in reality, the increase in national health expenditures is close to the one provided in the Urban Institute's study(6.6 trillion). The next two parts will be on healthcare quality and debunking bullshit.

Okay, so what about the United States healthcare costs?

1. As a percent of GDP: 18%

Also, no one uses PPP so that's just nominal GDP, I think. But I could not verify.

2. Per Capita: $10,348

3. Healthcare Outcomes in the United States:
We do anywhere from decent to atrocious compared to our peers:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...htmlstory.html#

And here's a recent study:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/ja...bstract/2674671

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, the US is doing very terribly with respect to our spending on healthcare. We should have significantly better outcomes than our peers considering how much more we spend, per capita, right?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 08:40 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

PFFFFTTTTT

You either just parrot what your parents say, or go against the grain just to be an edgelord.

You don't have a true valid opinion like your elders on here.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 08:47 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Plus he's a jew.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 08:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Jooooo! mad

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 09:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
PFFFFTTTTT

You either just parrot what your parents say, or go against the grain just to be an edgelord.

You don't have a true valid opinion like your elders on here.
Or he's read an article or book on it which he plagiarises. Not that I have a problem with plagiarism online to be fair, almost everyone does it. The days of citation in the time of fake news on message boards is long gone, in fact, it was going out around the time DS0 was being born and surely it's "truly valid" DMB?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 10:09 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Plagiarism wtf.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 12:45 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Post a photo of yourself in class, Kurk. Take a selfie. Not kidding.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 03:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Welcome To KMC.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 08:18 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
Just because you didn't release the info at the time of your banning does not mean I knew you would never release the info. I had no way of knowing what you were planning on doing, so the ban was put in place regardless.

Also doxing is really one of the only things that are strictly enforced on this site, it's a big no-no. Plus you'd already been banned for it before.

But you're back now, and I'll tell you what, I won't bother banning you again just so long as you keep whatever information you found to yourself and not post it on the site. Not like it would matter anyways, you'd just make more sock accounts. No point wasting my time. Anyways, welcome back.

Wow, nice. thumb up

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 08:42 PM
BackFire

I should also add that "posting it on the site" means sharing it with other members, especially in a manner that hints that there is intent to embarrass or insult. Just keep whatever you found to yourself and you can stay.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 08:53 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
I should also add that "posting it on the site" means sharing it with other members, especially in a manner that hints that there is intent to embarrass or insult. Just keep whatever you found to yourself and you can stay.
thumb up

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 09:00 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I post such threads all the time and Backfire turns a blind eye because MUh LEFTY PULLTICS!!!!!!
thumb up

True. Very True.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 09:02 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I'm glad we're all in agreement.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 09:23 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Glad you're good, Bada will be fine as long as you don't Dox people Kurk, he's a reasonable guy and I'm sure you are too. Nice to hear everything is going well for you.

Papa Whirly can be a nice guy at times.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:16 PM