KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

When do you start using skill points?....currently have 3 of them.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 05:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

It'll open up pretty early on, keep going

PWNT

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 04:24 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I played for a couple hours yesterday. Got slapped by that red eyed ogre a couple times and called it a day.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 06:03 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Found where the Mist Raven Prosthetic tool is, Just gotta beat that damn blue ninja.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2019 05:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Love that thing. Best prosthetic so far IMO

Just got to that dick from the tutorial and he's wrecking me. I think I've had a good 20 tries against him.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 03:27 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Had a few attempts at fighting Lady butterfly, Might came back to her on.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 12:07 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Found where the Mist Raven Prosthetic tool is, Just gotta beat that damn blue ninja.

I just swiped it and bounced.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 02:15 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Love that thing. Best prosthetic so far IMO

Just got to that dick from the tutorial and he's wrecking me. I think I've had a good 20 tries against him.

I'm guessing you've already run into the Kitebombing WOOOOO guy then? laughing

Also, which part is messing you up?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2019 05:08 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I'm guessing you've already run into the Kitebombing WOOOOO guy then? laughing

Also, which part is messing you up?
Yeah I ran into that guy. Legit loled after a slight period of raging at the cheapness

It was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Genichiro Ashina but I beat him a little after posting that. Now I'm in the last area of the game fighting [SPOILER - highlight to read]: True Corrupted Monk and getting wrecked, but doing better ever time

PWNT

Old Post Mar 29th, 2019 05:19 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Found my first memorial mob and i was already up to Gyoubu Masataka. Had to go back to the one before Outskirts Wall Stairway to get that firecracker prosthetic

also i accidentally used up a a Dragon blood droplet, Thought you had to go to the person that's affected with the Dragon rot and use it near them. Only finding out after the menu at those sculptor's idol had the option to that.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 06:12 AM
Arachnid1

Don't worry about it, you'll find plenty more throughout the game. They're really only useful for the optional side quests (if the NPC is sick with dragonrot, they cant continue their narrative).

PWNT

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 07:32 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Up to the Flaming bull now....ugh.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 07:43 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Those flying shirken guys are a menace to society.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 04:13 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Fair enough there's some games out there that i don't like too, But i wouldn't say they're a bad game.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 10:16 AM
Arachnid1

He did say it was a great game all around. It's just not for him (he was fairer to the game than Slant Mag who gave it a 40/100). He'd still recommend it. He said the same about Mass Effect, RTSs, and fighting games. I agree with most of those points too.

The game does force you to play a very specific way. It's a dex build hacknslash based around parrying from start to finish, but that's because it's more of an action game than an RPG this time around. He's also right about the stealth being kind of finicky (he was kinder to this aspect than I would be; the stealth is flat out bad IMO).

His complaints were:

-Sometimes the game feels difficult to the point of being cheap (more artificial than Souls). This is the only point he made that I disagree with. Once you get the mechanics down (he did say he still sucked at the game), the game is by far easier than other Soulsborne games. The boss that gave me the most trouble was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Genichiro Ashina (the mid game boss) but even he went down quicker than bosses like Ludwig, Fume Knight, or Pontiff (he took around 22 tries as a guess). Otherwise, four bosses went down first try, 5 went down 2-4 tries, one boss took 10 tries, and I still have some left. A few of the minibosses gave me trouble (the two [SPOILER - highlight to read]: hardest spear guys took probably close to 10 tries, first [SPOILER - highlight to read]: ogre and the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: fat drunken swordsman took around 5, a late game miniboss named [SPOILER - highlight to read]: O'Rin of the water was absolutely brutal and took around 15 tries as a guess), but most went down first or second try.

-His other complaint was the camera. This got me killed a good few times. Sometimes it just completely unlocks against some of the more mobile enemies. With some enemies it's just more of a hinderance. Still, it's manageable.

I only have a few complaints but overall I'm still enjoying it.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Mar 31st, 2019 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 07:23 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Arachnid1
He did say it was a great game all around. It's just not for him

There's a few other games like that out there which i'm a bit like that too myself

as for this game don't go in expecting to play it like a Dark Souls game for new people that are gonna pick it up...Also I've had that trouble with the camera too, When i was fighting Gyoubu Masataka i was locked onto him and doing good and then all of a sudden the camera decides to lose sight of him.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 1st, 2019 at 05:28 AM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 05:24 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Ran into Genichiro again the other day. I was sort of just exploring and hopped into the boss arena by accident, was not looking for that fight. I only attempted it once, and didn't feel like I was having too hard of a time dealing with his attacks, but goddamn. How the hell are you expected to get his health down? We were at it for like 5 minutes, and I barely dented his first health bar.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 02:30 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been reading that they want to add a easy mode to this game for players new to a Fromsoftware game.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 02:38 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Kazenji
I phucked him up like the pussy boy he is. thumb up

Not too far yet, beat the first boss and am clearing the Mirata Estate now.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 03:00 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I didn't even fight him, Just did what NewGuy01 said....I grabbed the item and then the run **** outta there.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 03:07 AM