KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Greatest Feat of Durability ever?

Greatest Feat of Durability ever?
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
He got impaled. That's not a durability feat. Many humans were impaled and not died instantly. Durability is about resisting damage.

Not dying instantly isn't a durability feat. Just as Getting chopped to pieces and not dying instantly isn't a durability feat. The fact that you got chopped to pieces means that you have shitty durability.
It was not being impaled and surviving it is about being impaled by a weapon of that magnitude and surviving. Superman and Doomsday both couldn’t survive to impalements by an inferior weapon.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 12:53 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I don't think you understand how kryptonite works...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 12:57 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Nothing even comes close. H1 is an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOLOBJSJL0I

And that's a MASSIVE underestimation. He only used the visible surface area. The rings seemed to focus the full power of a Star. Making it even more ridiculous.

People are forgetting that Marvel had multiple physicists consulting on the movie. The directors weren't just shooting blanks even though the script-writers might have.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's pretty much an anti-feat, seeing as Thor would've died if not for the Stormbreaker...

Thor was alive and breathing. In pain, and crispy, but alive. Even conscious to a point. So it counts.

Rocket thinks he would've died. The Guardian's also didn't understand how Thor could survive space. Thanos thought Thor would have died from being blown up by the Power Stone. Malekith thought the same with the Aether.

I think Thor would have lived tbh, but that's just mo. Anakin cry-baby Skywalker survived worse.

Thor's main super power aside from lightning is taking a beating that would have killed anyone else and should've killed him. Even Hela oddly enough underestimated him.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 01:16 AM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:04 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

But the dwarf, the one who knew thor and Odin and had a good idea of asgardian biology, was the one who said he was dying?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:10 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's pretty much an anti-feat, seeing as Thor would've died if not for the Stormbreaker...

Interesting analysis. thumb up

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:11 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

You could cut the time he spent exposed to the energy in half, while Thor was hurting but unscathed, and it'd still be more impressive than every single other durability feat in DCEU and MCU. Put together.

That scene was so far beyond anything that has ever come before, it's ridiculous. Etri said it was the full power of a Star. People keep mentioning heat, revealing a frightening ignorance of the composition of Star's. A Neutron Star average output is 0.25 of the power of the Sun according to the citation I read. That is so mindbogglingly RIDICULOUS.

Superman, Hulk, Iron Man, and Wonder Woman could spend the rest of their lives punching Thor in the face in-tandem and they'd hurt themselves before he gets flustered if we scale off this feat.

Luckily it was Thor who racked it up, not Superman or Hulk, or the boards would be unbearable. We basically have to ignore the feat, or pretend it doesn't exist/lowball (See: H1) or there is no point debating Thor in the movie forum.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 01:24 AM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:18 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You could cut the time he spent exposed to the energy in half, while Thor was hurting but unscathed, and it'd still be more impressive than every single other durability feat in DCEU and MCU. Put together.

That scene was so far beyond anything that has ever come before, it's ridiculous. Etri said it was the full power of a Star. People keep mentioning heat, revealing a frightening ignorance of the composition of Star's. A Neutron Star average output is 0.25 of the power of the Sun according to the citation I read. That is so mindbogglingly RIDICULOUS.

Superman, Hulk, Iron Man, and Wonder Woman could spend the rest of their lives punching Thor in the face in-tandem and they'd hurt themselves before he gets flustered if we scale off this feat.

Luckily it was Thor who racked it up, not Superman or Hulk, or the boards would be unbearable. We basically have to ignore the feat, or pretend it doesn't exist/lowball (See: H1) or there is no point debating Thor in the movie forum.

The feat it's impressive, but you are exaggerating a bit boy.

And honestly, i don't think Thor can endure an impact from SB in the chest.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:24 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
The feat it's impressive, but you are exaggerating a bit boy.

And honestly, i don't think Thor can endure an impact from SB in the chest.

......I'm underplaying it, to a large degree. Brother, all you need is an online calculator and the citations in the video I posted for some rough estimates to come to this conclusion. It's not hard. A neutron Star cools down after it's formation because of the neutron's being stripped away, but there are still incredibly powerful sources of energy.

Why would Thor getting impaled by Stormbreaker be an issue....?

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 01:29 AM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:27 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Greatest Feat of Durability ever?

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Does anyone from the MCU or the DCEU have a feat of durability on par with this?

No one from Marvel.

Clearly, Superman tanking the world engines are more impressive.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:30 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

It’s immensely impressive I remember something like a teaspoon of matter from a neutron Star would take thousands of cranes to lift. Thor enduring the heat/pressure exerted from the Star is Incomprehensibly more impressive than Clark being near death due to a nuke of unknown yield

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:32 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
......I'm underplaying it, to a large degree. Brother, all you need is an online calculator and the citations in the video I posted for some rough estimates to come to this conclusion. It's not hard. A neutron Star cools down after it's formation because of the neutron's being stripped away, but there are still incredibly powerful sources of energy.

Why would Thor getting impaled by Stormbreaker be an issue....?

Because Hela beat him badly with her small necro swords.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:35 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Steve would've tanked it better.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:38 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor nearly dying from hitting the ground is worse then a weakened Superman and a nuke.

And taking the World Engines beats barely surviving a star.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:40 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Our sun's core is only about 27 million degrees farenheit. A nuclear bomb burns at anywhere between 50-150 million degrees farenheit. A neutron star only burns at about 1.7 million degrees, and drops steadily because of it constantly losing neutrons.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:47 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I don't think you understand how kryptonite works...
I do understand exactly how it works. I don’t think you understand how impalement works since all were impaled only Thanos survived. wink

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:52 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by cdtm
No one from Marvel.

Clearly, Superman tanking the world engines are more impressive.
Nah.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:53 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Nah.

Ja. stick out tongue

They were essentially leaking Kryptonite. Even if the sun is more punishing, tanking it while weakened is impressive.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:58 AM
Silent Master

Comparing the energy output of a neutron star to a nuke is like comparing a nuke to a firecracker that had 99.9% of its gunpowder removed.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 02:02 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by cdtm
Ja. stick out tongue

They were essentially leaking Kryptonite. Even if the sun is more punishing, tanking it while weakened is impressive.
No, that is not. The force of a star weakened him as well. An oil rig kod Superman, buddy.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 02:03 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by Silent Master
Comparing the energy output of a neutron star to a nuke is like comparing a nuke to a firecracker that had 99.9% of its gunpowder removed.

150 million to 1.7 million l, so yeah. That's exactly what it's like.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 02:06 AM