KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wolverine vs. MCU Corvus Glaive

Wolverine vs. MCU Corvus Glaive
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

I think it depends on the power behind the blows, whilst adamantium could break the katana you’d need enough force for it to cut through. I find power levels kinda fluctuate in films and comics for characters.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 03:22 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I think his point is that those are clearly outliers, and not the norm.

Those X-Men movies are inconsistent AF though.

Bingo

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 04:45 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I think his point is that those are clearly outliers, and not the norm.

Those X-Men movies are inconsistent AF though.

Nah, it's just plain physics. Just because object A is harder than object B, doesn't mean Object A can easily cut through B. You'd still need an amount of force behind the blow.

For example, a hardcover book can stop a knife thrust even if a knife blade is a lot harder than the book. A decent wooden staff can take multiple hits from a sharp sword before breaking.

People need to stop treating Wolverine's claws like they're lightsabers that easily cuts through everything like they're butter. Some objects have shown a good degree of resistance to them, both in movies and comics. The katanas were a good example. This is especially true when the object in question is actively moving, as it's a lot easier to cut through a braced, stationary object than a moving object.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 06:12 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
In The Wolverine movie. First when fighting Shingen after he got his healing back, though Logan cut them later. Then in the village fight with Black Clan, Harada did it too.
Since then, Froth never accepted any other showing for Logan's cutting power, and keeps repeating that ad nauseum any time Wolverine's cutting power comes into an argument """''Logan's claws couldn't cut through a katana/Logan's claws were blocked by a katana'''""""

Wow. Obviously I got under your skin.

Anyway, I never questioned adamantium or its properties, I questioned Wolverine's strength and the power behind his blows. If you don't understand how the strength behind a cut affects just how well something can cut then there's no hope talking to you.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 06:16 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Black Widow walked all over Corvus Glaive's ass, so no reason to believe Logan wouldn't hit him as well. Sure Logan would get sliced up himself, but that healing factor will keep him going longer, outlasting Corvus.

Logan 9/10. Losing the rare match where Logan gets KO'd.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by FrothByte
Nah, it's just plain physics. Just because object A is harder than object B, doesn't mean Object A can easily cut through B. You'd still need an amount of force behind the blow.
For example, a hardcover book can stop a knife thrust even if a knife blade is a lot harder than the book. A decent wooden staff can take multiple hits from a sharp sword before breaking.
People need to stop treating Wolverine's claws like they're lightsabers that easily cuts through everything like they're butter. Some objects have shown a good degree of resistance to them, both in movies and comics. The katanas were a good example. This is especially true when the object in question is actively moving, as it's a lot easier to cut through a braced, stationary object than a moving object.

Anyway, I never questioned adamantium or its properties, I questioned Wolverine's strength and the power behind his blows.

I would have believed that had you acknowledged and posted other examples of Wolverine failing to cut other objects or those in motion. You keep mentioning the katana showing and that only when the claws' cutting power comes into debate. When you keep mentioning only one end of the spectrum, well, that ain't so open minded eh? 😐😓😕😟😦😨😰😵

Wow. Obviously I got under your skin.
If you don't understand how the strength behind a cut affects just how well something can cut then there's no hope talking to you.

I like how you turned this around to be about me big grin

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 04:26 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Wolverine has a fair amount of super-strength, from casually high tossing grown men with a single arm (X2) to easily slicing through several inches of a reinforced steel door (Origins). Nearly matching Sabretooth in strength is another, considering Sabretooth's showings. There's more.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 06:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Froth has always underestimated Wolverine. If it's true that Glaive is the better fighter there is no way he is killing Wolv.

Logan was beast in his prime.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 06:25 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote