KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is gender a social construct?

Is gender a social construct?
Started by: DarthSkywalker0

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Call it a pet peeve, but I don't believe in intentionally trying to provoke others. For any reason. It simply isn't necessary.

So you think taunting in boxing is against the spirit of the sport?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 07:19 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Bentley
So you think taunting in boxing is against the spirit of the sport?

In politics. stick out tongue

But since you brought it up, I never liked how Ali ran people down. I get that's part of his charm, and a big part of the reason crowds loved him, but.. it's not professional wrestling. I can laugh at The Rock, but doing so irl, to me, a guys just being a jerk.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 12:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Robtard
Personally, I've never felt my patriotism being attacked by someone else not standing for the National Anthem. Even people who burn the US flag do not affect my patriotism; I think they're stupid as I think flag burning is stupid, but I don't feel insulted or less American because of it. Maybe I'm just that patriotic where another can't make me question my own patriotism or maybe I'm just not a little b***h looking for something irrelevant to me to whine over while covering it up as patriotism.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:23 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Accept abortion is wrong.

Accept marriage is between men and women.

Accept kneeling in front of the flag, isn't disrespecting the flag.

That's how they're similar. The people feel how they feel, and are being asked to feel differently.

Of course, it's equally valid to say:

Accept I don't accept you're a woman.

And they may be deeply offended. At that point, not much to be done except agree to disagree, or agree to limit/end the relationship.

My main issue with the flag protests, is that they're clearly intending to provoke a reaction, while pretending "Nah."

Of COURSE they want to offend. Or they wouldn't do it in front of the flag at all. Flag protests, in all cases, are INTENDED to provoke a reaction from others.

Call it a pet peeve, but I don't believe in intentionally trying to provoke others. For any reason. It simply isn't necessary.

Sometimes, you can't help to, either way, but generally attempting to respect boundries is the ideal.

I just call bullshit on this entire thing because next to none of these players did anything during the off season to take advantage of all the attention they received over this. All they seemed to do is whine like spoiled millionaires at the thought they might not be able to kneel at their jobs.

If it truly wasn't about the flag they would have stopped kneeling during the anthem and would have found another time to do it. They continue to do it merely to piss off Trump and other people who find it disrespectful.

They have the right to protest, but I've yet to see a valid explanation given for why they still need to kneel specifically during the anthem.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:37 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It is not up to you to prove the validity of their expression.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:41 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The expression is no longer valid.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:44 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
The expression is no longer valid.
Says who?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:44 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just said it. Your opinion has been noted, as has mine.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:46 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I just said it. Your opinion has been noted, as has mine.
Ok opinions vary. No one cares what you think and it is their right to feel differently, dummy.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:46 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Ok opinions vary. No one cares what you think and it is their right to feel differently, dummy.

Yes opinions vary, that is the nature of opinions and of course they can feel differently.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:48 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Yes opinions vary, that is the nature of opinions and of course they can feel differently.
So you agree they do not have to prove anything to you. Progress. I win.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:49 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you agree they do not have to prove anything to you. Progress. I win.

Enjoy your pretend win since I never said they had to do anything thumb up

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:54 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Enjoy your pretend win since I never said they had to do anything thumb up
You concede. Perfect. Good beta.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:58 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You concede. Perfect. Good beta.

Lol too funny, so much projection here.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 03:03 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Lol too funny, so much projection here.
Your opinion is silly and rather stupid tbh.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 03:04 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your opinion is silly and rather stupid tbh.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 03:09 AM
quanchi112
Disney

(please log in to view the image)
So you do not even deny it.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 03:20 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you do not even deny it.

Of course I don't believe that stuff about my own opinions it's just funny seeing you call the opinions of others silly and stupid.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 03:24 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Of course I don't believe that stuff about my own opinions it's just funny seeing you call the opinions of others silly and stupid.
Yours are. You know I am right too.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 03:24 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Heh

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 03:26 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote