KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ares vs. Arkon

Ares vs. Arkon
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Ares sucker attacked him after : riddling his body with the deadliest poison known to gods (that was causing him extreme pain and making him lose his mind), then fighting off Wonder Man, then going up against an army with high tech weapons, then eating a huge explosion that burned off the Hydra poison in his body.

That's the same as Arkon fighting a healthy Hercules that sucker punched him in the back as he was walking away.

laughing out loud

Seriously... what the f*ck is happening to this board...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 05:23 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

K.. He was diminished in some way because of the hydra blood. he was also in a semi bloodlusted mode. Kinda evens out then. works for me.

smile

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 05:28 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 05:28 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I just noticed Hercules said he and Arkon were equal in strength.

Thanks for the rest of the fight. He took a beating from Hercules and stayed concious. Not bad.

I don't think meant equal as in, he's just as strong, but in a more general term, that now he's facing a God.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 05:38 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
K.. He was diminished in some way because of the hydra blood. he was also in a semi bloodlusted mode. Kinda evens out then. works for me.

smile

Even going by what you typed, Ares didn't fight that version of Hercules. He fought the version that was recovering from the Hydra venom after he fought off Wonder Man, a small army with high tech weapons, and eating a huge explosion.

You fail my friend. wink

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 05:47 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I'm with Zop on this one.

He knows his muscly dudes.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 05:49 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Was waitin on u to get to that portion.. To which I say, Ares fared way better than Arkon. Way better...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 05:52 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

smile
thumb down

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 10:17 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I love Arkon, he easily wins the first match by BFR.

The second though... He's skilled but he has never shown physical status enough to compete with high end bricks, this is the guy who lost to the Wrecking Crew off panel people. He's a fun character but he's off his hitting range here.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 05:10 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Bentley
The second though... He's skilled but he has never shown physical status enough to compete with high end bricks

Uhm, he's gone up against the entire team of the Classic New X-Men, he's got into prolonged battles with the likes of Classic Wonder Man and Hercules, his physical status is just fine.

quote:
this is the guy who lost to the Wrecking Crew off panel people. He's a fun character but he's off his hitting range here.

And now for a little context. The Wrecking Crew somehow learned to drain energy from outside sources. They were using the Avenger Photon (aka Captain Marvel, aka Spectrum) to amp themselves. The same amped Wrecking Crew that took down Arkon was the same amped Wrecking Crew that were handing the Avengers (which included Thor, Ionic Wonder Man, Scarlet Witch, etc...) their asses until Photon overloaded them and saved the team.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 11:53 AM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

his physical status is just fine.

[/B]
As I pointed out earlier Hercules stated that he and Arkon were equal in strength. So yea his physical status is just fine.

I found this in Arkon's respect thread:
(please log in to view the image)

I don't know what happens next.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Last edited by juggernaut74 on Oct 1st, 2018 at 01:53 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 01:44 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Hercules was recovering from having his body flooded with Hydra poison, fighting Wonder Man and a bunch of goons with high tech weapons! You can even see the bullet holes and scars on his body from the poison. As opposed to Arkon fighting a healthy Hercules.

Jeez dude....

You....need to look again and read.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 06:58 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by leonidas
You....need to look again and read.

I read just fine. And I provided additional proof in terms of the potency of the Hydra poison. Thanks for playing.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 07:26 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Zop... The book even hinted that Ares may have fibbed a little regarding to the effects of the hydra blood. It implied that he was counting on Herc go bloodlusted so he's allowed to use max force in taking him down.

No mention of the blood weakening him. And if it did, it was completely burned out by Natasha's little trick. He fought Ares on seemingly equal footing by the time Ares had caught up with them over the Atlantic ocean.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 07:33 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I'm going to go and check my Akron collection, since I was preparing his respect thread, but as far as my recollection he has no critical wins without anyone of renown. Sure, he hangs in there and is stronger than Goliath (class 50 hero) but he is rarely shown overwhelming people physically.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 07:47 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Zop... The book even hinted that Ares may have fibbed a little regarding to the effects of the hydra blood. It implied that he was counting on Herc go bloodlusted so he's allowed to use max force in taking him down.

No mention of the blood weakening him. And if it did, it was completely burned out by Natasha's little trick. He fought Ares on seemingly equal footing by the time Ares had caught up with them over the Atlantic ocean.

Ares fought Hercules after the following happened to Hercules :
a) he'd been poisoned by the most potent venom known to the gods (Ares' words, not mine)
b) he got through fighting Wonder Man
c) he got through fighting a small army armed with special weapons trying to take him down
d) he got hit with a huge explosion that burned the Hydra blood out of his system

Arkon fought Hercules after the following happened :
a) he got sucker punched by a healthy Hercules as he was trying to walk away
b) even though Hercules had the upper hand, Crystal still deemed it necessary to jump in and help to end the fight quicker

And here's more info on the Hydra Blood :
"My Hydra tipped hollow points are about the only thing on Earth, Olypmus, or Hades that will hurt hi..."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 07:56 PM
DarkSaint85

Well it killed him when he was mortal. It allowed the bullets Ares used to pierce his immortal skin and enter his blood stream where it was causing him extreme pain and driving him mad.

After all that, when he was recovering, Ares launches his attack.

But it doesn't weaken him any. It drives him into a bloodlust. Which was Ares' plan:

It makes him mad with pain, and he goes into warrior mode (and hallucinating). He's not going to pull his punches.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 08:05 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But it doesn't weaken him any. It drives him into a bloodlust. Which was Ares' plan:

It makes him mad with pain, and he goes into warrior mode (and hallucinating). He's not going to pull his punches.

Yeah and it was so potent it allowed bullets to pierce his immortal skin. You can see the giant holes they left in his body.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 08:10 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

This is going to be another Colossus vs Ares, isn't it?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 08:13 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Philosophía
This is going to be another Colossus vs Ares, isn't it?

Nah, I'm done. This forum has gone full retard. big grin

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 08:18 PM