KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Buffy Reboot and she is going to be Black

Buffy Reboot and she is going to be Black
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
janus77
Banana Genius

Ah, never followed the comics. Only briefly read some of the Angel-verse ones.

Was she still dating the dead?

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2018 02:37 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Isn't that how most of the Buffy Fluffy Buddies wound up?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2018 02:38 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not watching, not watching the new charmed either

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 07:34 AM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

I too hate black people. thumb up

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 08:11 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
I too hate black people. thumb up

eek!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 10:47 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Charmed was garbage. I'm surprised there's enough interest for a reboot.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 02:10 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by cdtm
Charmed was garbage. I'm surprised there's enough interest for a reboot.

I was off school for a long time due to injury and I saw a bunch of this show cuz every morning TNT would run 2 episodes of it. There was nothing else to watch at that time in the morning, so I ended up seeing several seasons.

It could be okay at times, I did like the character of "Cole". Will I watch the reboot? No, though it has nothing to do with the cast. I also question why it was needed since the actresses who were in it are still in their 40s and instead of a reboot they could have done a continuation.

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 01:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

I also hate the idea of a Buffy reboot. Making her black is just a dumb virtue signaling move,but the original show handed them an EASY way to have a black slayer: in the series finale every single potential slayer in the world had their powers activated.

You could have had a tv series about another slayer coming to grips with her new powers. It didn't have to specifically be Buffy, she could still be black. We know there is more than one hellmouth on Earth, so the series could have taken place in another area with a hellmouth.

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 01:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Surtur
I also hate the idea of a Buffy reboot. Making her black is just a dumb virtue signaling move,but the original show handed them an EASY way to have a black slayer: in the series finale every single potential slayer in the world had their powers activated.

You could have had a tv series about another slayer coming to grips with her new powers. It didn't have to specifically be Buffy, she could still be black. We know there is more than one hellmouth on Earth, so the series could have taken place in another area with a hellmouth.
Why does it have to be virtue signaling?

In fact, it's unlikely that it is. These studios only care about making money.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 02:52 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Not watching, not watching the new charmed either

Charmed too? Reboot all classics and make themm trash. Way to go

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 02:33 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

I was off school for a long time due to injury and I saw a bunch of this show cuz every morning TNT would run 2 episodes of it. There was nothing else to watch at that time in the morning, so I ended up seeing several seasons.

It could be okay at times, I did like the character of "Cole". Will I watch the reboot? No, though it has nothing to do with the cast. I also question why it was needed since the actresses who were in it are still in their 40s and instead of a reboot they could have done a continuation.

Since they are already continuing it through comics, I doubt they would waste budget on that

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 03:24 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Originally posted by Mindset
Why does it have to be virtue signaling?

In fact, it's unlikely that it is. These studios only care about making money.

Well, one could argue they're pandering to the press a bit. I mean, they blasted Iron Fist for casting a white guy, instead of an Asian actor, so they're definitely pushing social narratives.

But that means more exposure for the show, which means more money. So it's not really "virtue signaling", so much as manipulating the press. And Buffy has roots as a "progressive show" (A progressive show that featured a lot of girls in tight, wet shirts, looking up at at the overhead camera.. smile. )

It's a smart decision.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 04:05 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TxG
Evil Genius

Agree with this. i just hope they lay off angel cause i always preferred that show anyway. It seems ideas are becoming redundant as of late with reboot of other shows like charmed, roswell, sabrina the teenage witch and now buffy.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2018 02:16 PM
TxG is currently offline Click here to Send TxG a Private Message Find more posts by TxG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote