KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars Resistance - Discussion Thread

Star Wars Resistance - Discussion Thread
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I watched the first episode... meh.

Are they all 40 minutes though or did I just watch a bunch cobbled together? That seems lengthy for a cartoon where nothing happens.
The first episode is supposed to be an hour long with commercials(45ish minutes without them.) The other episodes are the standard 30mins with commercials(20ish minutes without them.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 05:18 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Seems pretty long for a barely asian looking kid to fit in, but oh well. That really doesn't bring in new viewers.

I guess I'll check out the other episodes, but... that was a horrible introduction that could have easily fit into your standard 22 min episode. The other ones should be more tolerable... maybe? I hate that I'm a big Star Wars kick recently.

But yeah, I was watching that and halfway through I wondered why it didn't end yet. 43 minutes. Imagine my surprise when they didn't do anything big with the other half.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 05:40 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I got through 2 episodes before I threw in the towel. Doubt I'll watch anymore unless I hear that something good actually happens.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 05:52 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
A few sites are raving over this series like it's the best SW material since ESB, which blows me away because I can't even imagine how you could tolerate(let alone actually enjoy) the series at this point. It's just f*cking garbage... And I'm more lenient/optimistic towards Disney canon than most.

I can only imagine that the sites giving this shitshow good reviews have been paid off(or threatened) by Disney in some way.

A bit off-topic (link me to the right thread if there is one), but have you heard of Chuck Wendig?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 09:52 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, he wrote the Aftermath trilogy, and is slated to write the upcoming Shadow of Vader comic mini.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 01:21 PM
ares834

He was also fired recently.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 02:19 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

laughing out loud

Just saw that. They should have never hired him in the first place, tbh.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 04:07 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Getting fired over f*cking tweets is pretty ridiculous, though.

Bautista was right, this is just the beginning.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 04:55 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I agree.

However, his Star Wars stories were utter garbage. So while I can't say I agree with why they fired him, I am happy that he is gone.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 04:57 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So episode 5 was crap overall. #Shocker

But Kylo Ren being the leader of the FO army was mentioned. At least that sets the stage for the reported appearances Kylo will be making in this from time to time.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 05:47 PM
Darth Thor

^ They will have to bring in more major players. Probably more Phasma at first. But atm this doesnt even seem like Star Wars to me.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Literally none of the newly created characters in any Disney Star Wars media are interesting.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 11:55 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Galan, why are you torturing yourself? Also it seems the positive reviews for the show are fake heh, or vast majority....or all.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 12:49 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Galan and pain are old friends.

I vomited after the teaser trailer, I choose to torture myself in different ways. F*ck this.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 03:10 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 03:30 PM
Darth Thor

Which seems really stupid to me, because young children aren't even the franchise's target demographic/audience.

Why dump all this money into a project that only kids who still write in crayon can enjoy? Filoni knows better.

Its his style to start off more kiddish in the first season then go a bit darker for every season after.

Think of TCWs first 2 seasons compared to the latter ones.

That said, not only has he gone way overboard with the kiddish tone on this (Disneys influence im guessing), but its simply not an interesting story or set of characters. And it just doesnt even feel like Star Wars.

My guess is they will have to bring in Kylo Ren, Ahsoka and others to keep this show alive and save them the embarrassment of cancelling it after one season.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2018 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I’m sure Filoni knows that this show is a joke and won’t risk tainting Ahsoka’s much-anticipated reveal as a wise sage in some reviled show for 4-year-olds that no one watches.

He’s aiming his sights higher for her. smile

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 10:06 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ But its his show. So the joke is on him.

That said, im pretty sure Ahsoka would whoop Kylo Ren, so not sure what there would be for her to do here.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 11:28 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I don't know, I just find it hard to believe he really has the reigns. I bet he's concentrating more on the revival of The Clone Wars.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 03:36 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well Starkiller Base was glimpsed:

(please log in to view the image)

....So there's that, at least.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 12:45 AM