KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » What anime are you currently watching?

What anime are you currently watching?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 10 11 [12]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Correction:

The Mystery Anime:

It's quite sad to see a great mangaka's complex creation undone by a weak, tropey adaptation

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2021 11:35 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Kind of wish we could get a crossover with Kenichi and Baki or Kengan.

Imagine an adult master Kenichi, after he gets strong enough to win Miu's hand from Elder.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2021 01:14 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So do you think Kenichi has long term health consequences from the brutal training? He has no talent, so he was essentially a lab rat for Akisame's mad theories. By the time he's 50 I bet his body starts breaking down a lot sooner than it would have, and has all kinds of problems in later life.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2021 01:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi.

So do you think [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hermit would lose a best of 10 against Berserker? Because I got the impression he only won by the skin of his teeth because Berserker was playing around too much, and the same tricks probably wouldn't work against him twice.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 08:04 PM
wakkawakkawakka

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi.

So do you think [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hermit would lose a best of 10 against Berserker? Because I got the impression he only won by the skin of his teeth because Berserker was playing around too much, and the same tricks probably wouldn't work against him twice.

Not sure if you've picked up the manga but this is somewhat addressed in the Yomi amusement park arc [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Berserker playing with his opponents is a character trait that came as a result of not having any formal discipline. The guy is pretty much gifted Baki-esque adaptability with none of the judgement or follow through that would've been learned from a Master

Also looking back on Kenichi I call shenanigans on Kenichi not having natural talent. Due caught up to the level of the disciples his age and surpassed them in just 3 years; the time from series start to the finale. There's no way he would've been able to that w/o some talent no matter how good his masters were. Even his foil Sho Kano had to train for a decade to get to the point where he was.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2021 08:53 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Not sure if you've picked up the manga but this is somewhat addressed in the Yomi amusement park arc [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Berserker playing with his opponents is a character trait that came as a result of not having any formal discipline. The guy is pretty much gifted Baki-esque adaptability with none of the judgement or follow through that would've been learned from a Master

Also looking back on Kenichi I call shenanigans on Kenichi not having natural talent. Due caught up to the level of the disciples his age and surpassed them in just 3 years; the time from series start to the finale. There's no way he would've been able to that w/o some talent no matter how good his masters were. Even his foil Sho Kano had to train for a decade to get to the point where he was.

I thought the same as you about Kenichi's talent.

And then I read Shigure's one shot. An 8 year old or so kid learns high end disciple level ability by stories end.

If that represents average ability, then yeah Kenichi has awful talent. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 19th, 2021 12:23 AM
cdtm

Currently reading Fist Demon of Mount Hua.

A kid with a lame leg who gets ostracized by his own clan and doggedly grows insanely strong using useless techniques other martial artists throw away.

By mid story he could be a good match for Yujiro Hanma. I bet Hanma would have the time of his life taking him on, and likely admire him and wish he was the son he had.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2021 12:26 AM
cdtm

Cyborg 009, the 2001 version.

Funny seeing Cyborg 002 play the Vegeta to Cyborg 009's Goku, when the fact is in most situations Cyborg 002 could have done things better. He totally could have tackled Black Ghost with the Professor paralyzing him, and could just jet boot to safety, no need for 001's rescue.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2022 03:24 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Finished Orbital Children, and Dominion Tank police

and started Devil City Shinjuku but cant really get into it atm.

Basically going through a bunch of forgotten OVA/90s anime just to see which ones are good

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 20th, 2022 11:37 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Tiger and Bunny.

And before that, "All Baths Lead to Rome", which is perfect for binging.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 10:33 PM
cdtm

Lone Wolf and Cub is on my reading list. Been wanting to see the inspiration for Lone Goat and Cub from Usagi Yojimbo.

Kind of lost interest in Battle Angel Alita, just past the point where the baby grows up and is ripping off bandits. The tonal shift is just too drastic, from a Ghost in the Machine/Pinocchio type story, to a Trigun-ish/Hokuto No Ken romp.

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:51 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Odd Taxi and Ousama Ranking.

Old Post May 21st, 2022 12:52 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Classroom Of The Elite (I'm on Season 2)

Overlord (I'm on Season IV)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: AINZ OAL GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Both shows are currently airing.

With a release schedule of about 1 episode a week.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2022 04:36 PM
cdtm

Fist of the Blue Sky.

SnK a Very different animal to HnK. Not sure I like it, too heavy on the politics, and a Hokuto user backing a gangster doesn't sit right with me.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2022 03:13 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Darker Than Black

On Hiatus (Waiting for the Eng Dub for S2):

Xian Wang de Richang Shenghuo also known as The Daily Life of the Immortal King

This and Scissor Seven are two well produced anime tv series from China.

Xian Wang de Richang Shenghuo kinda reminds me of The Daily Life of Saiki K which in turn reminds me of Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto (which I rewatched recently).

Old Post Nov 6th, 2022 08:29 PM