KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who would be a bigger threat: Thor vs. Superman

Who would be a bigger global threat?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thor 18 45.00%
Superman 22 55.00%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who would be a bigger threat: Thor vs. Superman
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (40): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Who would be a bigger threat: Thor vs. Superman

Which hero if they went Rogue and turned on Planet Earths population would be a bigger threat? Who has more potential to cause massive damage to cities, armies, and kill people with their power set?

*Thor as of Infinity War with Stormbreaker
*Superman as of Justice League

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 11:33 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

They are basically the same strength durability etc right now. Superman is a lot faster but Thor has more AOE damage output so id probably say Thor for efficiency in killing the Earth squisihes

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 11:57 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
They are basically the same strength durability etc right now. Superman is a lot faster but Thor has more AOE damage output so id probably say Thor for efficiency in killing the Earth squisihes

thumb up

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 12:20 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Pfft, DCU Superman hands down; not even a contest.

Look at what he did to Smallville and he was trying to save people. Unleashed/bloodlusted, he would destroy the planet as Wayne warned.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 12:23 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Robtard
Pfft, DCU Superman hands down; not even a contest.

Look at what he did to Smallville and he was trying to save people. Unleashed/bloodlusted, he would destroy the planet as Wayne warned.

If I remember correctly Thor wiped a much bigger city in less time and with a less powerful weapon back in AoU.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 12:26 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Thor. Why? Because kryptonite.

With kryptonite even an old lady can render Superman helpless whereas there's no other way to beat Thor than an all-out fight. There's also the fact that Thor is king of a whole other world and can probably instigate an invasion.

Thor also doesn't have any real ties to Earth, not as strongly as Superman does anyway. You could always just threaten Martha Kent to keep Superman in line.

And as fast as Superman is, he doesn't have Thor's teleportation powers. When you combine that with Thor's city-busting attacks then he can literally destroy multiple cities in only a few seconds.

Last edited by FrothByte on Aug 28th, 2018 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 12:50 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Thor with Stormbreaker wins...

Thor currently has no real weakness, can generate a continuous AoE attack that moves with him, and has one of the most powerful weapons ever seen in a comic book movie...ever.

Thor, based on feats, is arguably the most durable being we've yet seen...

Superman only has a speed advantage here, and IMHO, its not enough to offset what Thor brings to the table...

Thor wins...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:06 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by FrothByte
Thor. Why? Because kryptonite.

With kryptonite even an old lady can render Superman helpless whereas there's no other way to beat Thor than an all-out fight. There's also the fact that Thor is king of a whole other world and can probably instigate an invasion.

Thor also doesn't have any real ties to Earth, not as strongly as Superman does anyway. You could always just threaten Martha Kent to keep Superman in line.

And as fast as Superman is, he doesn't have Thor's teleportation powers. When you combine that with Thor's city-busting attacks then he can literally destroy multiple cities in only a few seconds.
Kryptonite isn't standard knowledge though, and given this is a bloodlusted Superman looking to slaughter the innocents of the world ala the Plutonian he will go for the ones who know of it and could use it to threaten him first, aka Bruce Wayne (Clark knows Bruce is Batman right? I honestly don't remember...), Lex Luthor, and their affiliates. Even with kryptonite, as Superman said, if he wanted it Bruce would have been dead already.

As far as Thor being the king of a whole world, the Asgardians are essentially decimated as of Infinity War, and all of them combined are still frankly irrelevant compared to the lethality Thor and Superman can bring.

Also, Thor didn't destroy Sokovia by just hulking out and smashing the city, and I don't know how anyone thinks as much.

FRIDAY: The anti-gravs are rigged to flip. Touch them, they'll go full reverse thrust. The city's not coming down slow.

STARK : Spire is vibranium. If I get Thor to hit it...

FRIDAY : It will crack. That's not enough. The impact would still be devastating.

STARK: Maybe if we can cap the other end. Keep the atomic action doubling back.

FRIDAY: That could vaporize the city & everyone on it..

STARK : I got it. Create a heat seal. I could supercharge the spire from below.

FRIDAY Running numbers

FRIDAY : A heat seal could work with enough power.

STARK: Thor, I got a plan.

We literally see earlier in the film that Thor uses Mjolnir strikes on Cap's shield to amplify his attacks.

It is a shared feat relying a reaction with the vibranium Thor struck.

If Thor could have just destroyed the section of Sokovia outright he would have.

But anyway, neither would really be stoppable. Both can go from one end of the globe to the other before any response could be made, so the Earth is doomed in either case.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:16 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Thor now has access to the bifrost which can destroy a planet.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:21 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Silent Master

Okay that's just a hyperbole right there!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:22 AM
Silent Master

We literally saw it beginning to destroy jotunheim, it being able to destroy a planet was a major plot point of Thor's first movie.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:26 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

We literally saw it beginning to destroy jotunheim, it being able to destroy a planet was a major plot point of Thor's first movie.

I know what you are talking about. And yet it's an Ice world and the bifrost seems to be energy.

Also, we saw Thor using the Bifrost to teleport Jane Foster without her melting.

But in the end we agree. Thor's distructive capabilities > Superman's.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:28 AM
Silent Master

At no point during Thor's first movie did it say that the Bifrost can only destroy jotunheim because it's an ice planet.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:31 AM
NemeBro

The bifrost bridge gun in Heimdall's observatory could direct the bifrost to raze a planet over time, sure. Said observatory with the gun was exploded by Surtur.

Can you show me a showing or quote that implies Thor's Stormbreaker can do the same? I suppose it is within the realm of possibility that it could, but so far IIRC its only showings are teleporting Thor, Groot, and Rocket Raccoon to Wakanda.

NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

At no point during Thor's first movie did it say that the Bifrost can only destroy jotunheim because it's an ice planet.

No, that's why you have eyes.

Silent Master

Yes, our eyes which tell us that after an extended period of time the beam does actually start to destroy the target planet.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:37 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Yes, our eyes which tell us that after an extended period of time the beam does actually start to destroy the target planet.

The targeted ice planet, not a rocky planet like earth.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:42 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by NemeBro
Kryptonite isn't standard knowledge though, and given this is a bloodlusted Superman looking to slaughter the innocents of the world ala the Plutonian he will go for the ones who know of it and could use it to threaten him first, aka Bruce Wayne (Clark knows Bruce is Batman right? I honestly don't remember...), Lex Luthor, and their affiliates. Even with kryptonite, as Superman said, if he wanted it Bruce would have been dead already.

As far as Thor being the king of a whole world, the Asgardians are essentially decimated as of Infinity War, and all of them combined are still frankly irrelevant compared to the lethality Thor and Superman can bring.

Also, Thor didn't destroy Sokovia by just hulking out and smashing the city, and I don't know how anyone thinks as much.

FRIDAY: The anti-gravs are rigged to flip. Touch them, they'll go full reverse thrust. The city's not coming down slow.

STARK : Spire is vibranium. If I get Thor to hit it...

FRIDAY : It will crack. That's not enough. The impact would still be devastating.

STARK: Maybe if we can cap the other end. Keep the atomic action doubling back.

FRIDAY: That could vaporize the city & everyone on it..

STARK : I got it. Create a heat seal. I could supercharge the spire from below.

FRIDAY Running numbers

FRIDAY : A heat seal could work with enough power.

STARK: Thor, I got a plan.

We literally see earlier in the film that Thor uses Mjolnir strikes on Cap's shield to amplify his attacks.

It is a shared feat relying a reaction with the vibranium Thor struck.

If Thor could have just destroyed the section of Sokovia outright he would have.

But anyway, neither would really be stoppable. Both can go from one end of the globe to the other before any response could be made, so the Earth is doomed in either case.

There was nothing in the OP that stated that Thor was fighting MCU Earth after the events of Infinity War and that Superman was fighting Earth as of JL. That wouldn't be a fair comparison, as MCU earth has far more superhuman defenders than DCEU earth. I was assuming this was simply Earth as we know it currently vs. a rogue Superman and rogue Thor.

As for the kryptonite, the fact is that it exists and is a means to defeat Superman. If not kryptonite then we know nuclear weapons and radiation also hurt Superman and can render him helpless... whereas I can't think of any current human weapon that can take out Thor for long.

And as fast as Superman is, he still cannot compete with Thor's combined bifrost teleportation and AOE's.

Theoretically speaking, both Superman and Thor should be able to completely destroy Earth and the human population. Just so happens that Thor can do it faster and easier.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:44 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
The targeted ice planet, not a rocky planet like earth.

Because the Frost Giants were on the ice planet, that's not proof that it only works on Ice planets.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:54 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

What would you rather wrestle with, a grizzly bear, or a tiger?

Superman's speed means he can kill anyone easily. Stormbreaker is a one-shot kill weapon for everything. Thor can now quickly teleport across even galactic distances, and has the most powerful AOE attacks/durability in the two cinematic Universes. Superman has the greatest combination of purely physical powers (Strength/Speed/Flight) in either Universes.

Maybe the only difference is that Kryptonite can end Superman while Thor has gotten only more durable but Superman can heat vision you to death from a distance.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 02:24 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote